PDA

View Full Version : push/move objecs on ourselves

Diablo3
03-16-2010, 17:35
sorry if this already discussed.

When using E (use button) to push/move objects, sometimes you stuck into them and can't move. It is possible to fix this ?

rhelgeby
03-16-2010, 19:23
This is a limitation/disadvantage when using turbophysics. I'm sure a plugin could fix this some how, but it's difficult to know when a player really is stuck.

Juujuu
03-18-2010, 17:41
There is no way to fix this. The player should continue holding E on the prop and try jumping out of it. Be careful tho. If you have the wrong settings a player can 'slide' through a barricade by jumping at it holding the Use key.

Sandfly
03-19-2010, 13:13
A couple of ways to get out of this ... either type !ztele (depending on the amount of !ztele's you have assigned to both Human or Zombie in zombiereloaded.cfg), or install a plugin whereby a helpful Admin might be able to teleport you out of there.

Other ways are also available by friends helping by shooting props away or just use the E key + spacebar to see if you can wriggle free.

rhelgeby
03-19-2010, 15:55
This is why I don't like turbophysics. Too easy to get stuck.

Teleport is not a good workaround because you have to spend time walking back. An ideal solution would be to make anti-stick detect this some how. Ideas are welcome.

Sandfly
03-19-2010, 20:27
This is why I don't like turbophysics. Too easy to get stuck.

Teleport is not a good workaround because you have to spend time walking back. An ideal solution would be to make anti-stick detect this some how. Ideas are welcome.

I agree with you about the anti-stick detection Richard .. I guess where I was coming from was if you were an Admin in Spec, you could use tele (or a plugin that had the command /bring <playername>) to a spot your crosshairs were aiming at, to move the player just out of prop stick .. or if in-game, then a simple added plugin which allows /goto <playername> then use /bring <playername> to assist.

Either way, getting Antistick to detect and free the stuck player is much more desirable than relying on an Admin having to be preset all the time in such instances. :wink:

NukeMan
03-25-2010, 19:25
This is a limitation/disadvantage when using turbophysics. I'm sure a plugin could fix this some how, but it's difficult to know when a player really is stuck.

But, Richard, I was on server in Your signature (85.195.74.201:13010) and sems there this trouble was solved, cause I was unable to get stuck with props. When I pull a prop and it collides with me, it pushes me out :)
How did You do that?

rhelgeby
03-25-2010, 19:41
It depends on the prop type used in the maps. When the prop is shot at, turbophysics for that prop is disabled for a few seconds. Whether you get stuck or not depends on the prop class.

A common prop class is prop_physics_multiplayer which is props that actually are non-solid and you can jump through them. They have simplified physics to save server resources and simply push you away from it instead of you colliding with it.

Solid props are usually prop_physics or prop_physics_override. So if you pull a such prop through you, you'll get stuck in it because they don't push you away.

There's an easy way to see what prop type it is. Just stand on it and fire a bullet on it. If you fall through it's prop_physics_multiplayer.

If you want all your props to behave like that you can use Stripper:Source to modify the props in map before they load, by using this map config for Stripper:
modify:
{
match:
{
"classname" "prop_physics_override"
}
replace:
{
"classname" "prop_physics_multiplayer"
}
}

Diablo3
05-06-2010, 05:45
// Multiplier for how easy props are moved ['1' = No push]
// Default: "3"
phys_pushscale 3

is this only for humans who shooting to props ? if I set phys_pushscale to 100 it's very easy to move object when shooting, but zombies still very hard moving object

There are some object which no way for zombies to move them, how to make more easy to move object for zombies with E (+use) button ?

rhelgeby
05-06-2010, 07:30
There are a few more cvars where you can modify this behavior, but I don't remember which ones.

Diablo3
05-06-2010, 13:58
I cant find them too.. :)

sorry for lame question, but it is normal when pushing box, sofas - those props moving forward , others props like fridge,.. - moving backwards ?? :)

KyleS
05-06-2010, 15:57
sorry for lame question, but it is normal when pushing box, sofas - those props moving forward , others props like fridge,.. - moving backwards ?? :) Completely normal, it's an actual function built into the engine that will work without Zombie:Reloaded/SourceMod installed.

On a side note, no questions are ever lame :P

Diablo3
05-06-2010, 18:01
I don't know what others did in their servers, but in my really hard to move props :)
It would be nice make it simple and easy