PDA

View Full Version : News: 100 Zombie:Reloaded servers

rhelgeby
02-04-2010, 09:48
At the moment I write this post there are 103 servers running Zombie:Reloaded. We've reached a milestone now and Zombie:Reloaded is starting to get a good reputation.

Zombie:Reloaded stats (http://www.sourcemod.net/newstats.php?mod_id=0&addon_id=1232)
List of all Zombie:Reloaded servers (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=gs_zombiereloaded_version&type=variable&num=100)
Before I started working on the old 2.5.1 branch there were less than 30 Zombie:Reloaded server. After we release ZR 3.0 beta 1 number of servers kept increasing, and now there are more than 100 servers.

After releasing 3.0 beta 2 the plugin became very stable, which is making it a more attractive plugin.

There are still a few 2.5.1 servers left. Maybe the server owners forgot about this forum? I don't know. Anyways, those few highly ranked zombie servers running Zombie:Reloaded will help improve the plugin's reputation.

nonick
02-04-2010, 13:24
Yeah. I use 2.5.1 Because now this version is better for me, with BETA version some my used plugins are incompatible and some feature didnt like me, like zmarket menu it's little hard to use... So i using oldest version ;]

Xoleum
02-04-2010, 13:53
And a bunch of international servers. For example, I run my from Argentina with 32 slots full almost 24/7.

Darkthrone
02-04-2010, 14:00
when zr will have all features of zm, i think its popularity will be even more

rhelgeby
02-04-2010, 15:37
What features are missing? I know that we don't have jetpack, but that won't be a part of the core plugin anyways. It's better as a separate plugin that's using our ZR API.

Here's our issue tracker. Search for stuff and leave comments, or add new feature requests or bug reports: http://code.google.com/p/zombiereloaded/issues/list

Greyscale
02-04-2010, 19:52
We recently finally achieved setting player speed the "right" way. Jump is no longer affected by speed. Besides that, ZM has cooler zombie vision, but that's all I know about.

Korrupzion
02-05-2010, 03:08
Excellent :) I have 2 servers running ZR :D

zeroibis
02-05-2010, 17:01
Yea and now I finally did the switch on my zombie mod server after completing all the testing needed on my test server.

Great work and lets see this number grow!

Sandfly
02-05-2010, 18:43
Excellent news Richard & Grey! It is terrific to see the server list pass 100, and increasing daily.
Once it gets out there and spreads, which it is doing now, people will really see the benefits of the stability and thoroughness of how well ZR is coded.

Sorry, but for us, it takes a lot more than just one fancy vision overlay to make us adopt a Mod .. ZM has so many glitches and bugs in it that there's not even a hassle in making the choice :)

It is also worth noting that Zombie: Reloaded equipped servers have hit both the World No.1 Zombie server rank position, and the World CSS No.1 Overall server rank position too - a credit to the work that Richard & Greyscale have started and continue to improve on. :up:

rhelgeby
02-05-2010, 19:56
It's at 80 servers now. The number isn't stable, but the last week it reached above 100 servers several times.

I think the new SM 1.3 version is making it difficult for someone, because they may have plugins which still only run well on 1.2. But ZR didn't run well on 1.2 with SDK Hooks for 1.2, so I had to update. A solution might be to update our compiler for the stable branch, so SM 1.3 will be forced.

zeroibis
02-05-2010, 20:30
It also could be the result of test servers. I had a few servers running zm reloaded for beta testing with just a few slots but those are gone now that I have switched it on my main server.

I have not had any problems in 1.3 and using the latest SDK hooks. Although I had a strange issue where some mm plugins no longer worked. To prove that it was really an sm issue I found that those same plugins like damage given work fine when sm is off and I think it may be a zm or more likely a sdk hooks issue as some of my mm plugins worked on all my other 1.3 installs except for my zm server. Despite this it was no big issue b/c I was able to switch to sm versions of those plugins and even reprogram those as needed to fill in where they fell short of the mm versions.

It is possible that others are having similar problems, but do not have the ability to determine the cause as quickly as those of us who can debug dump files. (especially if they run dammage given as it is a popular mm for zm servers)

Darkthrone
02-05-2010, 23:24
What features are missing?
for current beta release:
- normal movement physics
- decapitation
- !zstuck or something that not triggers physics bug
- force cl_minmodels 0 and sv_forcepreload 1
- overlays, working for dx80
- default weapons to give on spawn in game after round start
- cvar to remove icon in the top right corner of a players screen, when someone gets turned into a zombie

i know some of the features are planned, some are done in the dev branch, but it is most important
and thank you for your hard work

Greyscale
02-06-2010, 01:41
- normal movement physics - Done :)
- decapitation - Planned (it's going to be awesome.)
- !zstuck or something that not triggers physics bug - I hate it that antistick does this to some servers, it's so awesome seeing it in action during gameplay, without the mayhem bug. The good news is SDKHooks might have a new hook will do the same thing as I'm doing now, but maybe, just maybe it won't cause the bug since we won't actually be modifying the physics properties. Stay hopeful :)
- force cl_minmodels 0 and sv_forcepreload 1 - I never even knew this was needed, you should make an issue in the bug tracker, very easy addition.
- overlays, working for dx80 - why didn't I think of that? Someone actually made an overlay for us, but hasn't given me the overlay files yet. Just a jpeg. I would really like if someone could make a cool zombie vision for us that could work (or be modified in the vmt to work) for dx8 users.
- default weapons to give on spawn in game after round start - Hm, well enabling auto-rebuy with ZMarket is the solution to this. And with the upcoming weapon profile features you can set the start weapons for each class.
- cvar to remove icon in the top right corner of a players screen, when someone gets turned into a zombie - Again, never knew this was needed, should post another issue in the tracker, another easy add.

Darkthrone
05-22-2010, 05:28
something wrong with sm stats, there is only 6 servers

rhelgeby
05-22-2010, 08:07
https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4366

Its status is still "new", so I don't know if they've seen it yet.

But this page won't fail you: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=gs_zombiereloaded_version&type=variable