PDA

View Full Version : Developers! What kind of API are you looking for?

Kigen
01-26-2010, 08:49
Calling all developers that wish to alter KAC in some manner or form.

I'd like to know what you guys are wanting from KAC in terms of API and what you guys are wishing to change. I can't promise I'll make everything possible but with realization of some nice functions in SourceMod I'm going to be creating a API so that those that wish to create plugins off of KAC may do so.

rhelgeby
05-28-2010, 12:24
Event hooks. When KAC detect something it's sending a forward where other plugins can either allow, modify or block the event (that is blocking KAC's actions).

The forward should provide:

client index (or maybe userid)
what type of "cheat" it detected
what action KAC is doing by default for that type (this action should be possible to modify)

The forward can be blocked in the same way as with SM events using those Plugin_* states. Cheat type and actions done by KAC are defined in their own enumerations in the KAC's include file.

Maybe even make use of the SM's event system by creating and sending your custom events?

InflatableSoulmate
05-28-2010, 21:16
I like the notification idea. We already add a 'notification' function to KAC (though we do it the opposite of what was suggested above... we have a plugin that has a native that we call from KAC to inform us of what is found about a player via IRC).

The above idea seems better, though, so that instead of modifying KAC, we can add those options to our other plugins (which would then not be overwritten by the updater).

Also, if it is currently not possible to easily disable the global ban database, I would like a way to do that (cvar of some sort?) so that autoupdates don't continuously reenable it.