PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Wallhack is bugged with LFD2 Versus

SkaP
01-04-2010, 23:54
Hey just thought I would let everyone know that in LFD2 with KAC the anti-wallhack blocks the ability of infected to see though the walls to see the survivors which is needed for them to play. So it needs to be turned off until a possible fix, if even possible.

Kigen
01-05-2010, 01:06
I wouldn't use the Anti-WH with L4D or L4D2.

SkaP
01-05-2010, 05:34
We played a game or two with it on and to tell you the truth it was kinda cool. You could only see a survivors health while spawned in the score menu only if you could see them physically. It was almost like playing realism mode for infected. If combined with the no glows for survivors you could create an awesome realism versus for both teams.

But other then that do you ever think there will be a proper way to stop wallhacking in LFD1 and 2?

exvel
01-05-2010, 05:42
We played a game or two with it on and to tell you the truth it was kinda cool. You could only see a survivors health while spawned in the score menu only if you could see them physically. It was almost like playing realism mode for infected. If combined with the no glows for survivors you could create an awesome realism versus for both teams.

But other then that do you ever think there will be a proper way to stop wallhacking in LFD1 and 2?
It is possible I think. Maybe disable wh block for infected and disable it for survivors only when someone was attacked.

Kigen
01-05-2010, 11:56
It is possible I think. Maybe disable wh block for infected and disable it for survivors only when someone was attacked.

Yup, that would do it. Though I'd obviously have to track that stuff but it is very well possible.

Darkhand
01-07-2010, 13:12
Yup, that would do it. Though I'd obviously have to track that stuff but it is very well possible.

Something like this would solve things for Hidden:Source as well. The Hidden team (clientteam 3) needs to see through walls as a class feature.