PDA

View Full Version : Zombie health bug

nerfdx
12-10-2009, 20:58
Hello, I'm currently helping a community i enjoy playing with set up their Zombie: reloaded 3.0.0 Beta1 server..

Everything is working fine, no crashes yet, but there does seem to be a problem with the health.

When some zombies are infected they are given only 100 health instead of 5000. We are trying to keep the server with just Classic zombies and Standard humans.

We have tried editing all zombie classes to have same stats as Classic and just disabling. Not working currently.

So if anyone can shed some light onto this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

rhelgeby
12-10-2009, 22:48
That is wierd. Could we have a look at the class file?

I suspect incorrect team id on a "zombie" class, or some kind of swap with a human class. Disable classes you don't want to use, but make sure there's at least one human and zombie class.

nerfdx
12-10-2009, 23:48
Sure thing.

It is weird, we start out with 15 players, zombie spawns infects one player, then the next guy that is infected has only 100 HP and same for the rest of the people getting infected.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

rhelgeby
12-11-2009, 07:56
Class file looks fine. The zombies change model on infection, right?

Or do you have other plugins that might change health, like spawn protection or something?

Also check zr_classes_default_zombie, it should be "random" or "Classic" in your case.

Look for errors in error log.

Otherwise we had a very strange bug with team management where humans sometimes were moved to terrorists so zombies couldn't hurt them. You can verify this case by dumping class attributes to that buggy human/zombie with this console command:

zr_class_dump player @aim

If that player has another class than it looks like it's caused by that bug. We restarted our server and didn't see the bug again. It's caused by a special condition in the game, which we don't know yet. :(
Tell us if you find a way to reproduce this bug.

nerfdx
12-11-2009, 08:02
When infected you change models, drop weapons.. Recently just had something else happen.

I became infected, spawned as zombie with the 5000 hp, then it randomly changed to 100 hp.
We will take a look into the other plugins currently on the server and see if anything could be conflicting, might also try a new fresh instal of the entire server, might help.

zr_classes_default_zombie was changed to "classic_zombie" originally, should we change it to "classic"?

rhelgeby
12-11-2009, 09:58
Yes, zr_classes_default_zombie should be a zombie class name (name attribute), not the section name itself. Same for default human.

nerfdx
12-11-2009, 10:37
Alright thanks, we will give this a try.