PDA

View Full Version : Cheating-Death Moderator

Bugsy
03-08-2005, 15:37
Updated 5/13/05

I made this using ideas from already existing C-D plugins and revamped it to how I wanted it. The way it works is it will let a Non-CD and Old-CD player play on a Non-CD-Required server but once they reach [X] kills and they have greater than or equal to [Y\1] kills then they get flagged as a "cd required" player and then kicked. This plugin will write their steamID to the vault so if they rejoin then they will get kicked again with a message showing a link to the cd website so they will know how to get it. The plugin also gives No-CD and Old-CD players a warning at the start of each round telling them about the starting point and ratio at which they will get watched\kicked. So far so good, I got a bunch of No-CD players to convert and now alot of them are regulars. I noticed the traffic on my server almost died when I made it C-D required so this way you get the best of both worlds.

CVARs:
amx_cdmoderator = turns it on and off, 1 = on, 0 = off (default 1)
amx_kdmax = starting point to watch a player. (default 12)
amx_kdratio = the ratio at which they will get kicked if they exceed. ie. ratio of 2 will kick a player if they get 10 kills and 5 or less deaths. (default 2)

Enjoy

neXXus`
03-08-2005, 16:30
nice idea, had ur problem with traffic too :)
actually i have a natural selection server running where are only few servers have cd required (i myself dont know any cheats), but its a cool idea and maybe if i feel like turning cd on i will sure using this plugin :D

Trip~Hazard
03-14-2005, 02:09
Thanks a bunch for this!! My server is overrun by togglers and CD has won the poll of members to implement. My only draw back was there was no working moderator for AMXmodX.....now there is....YAY! I too feared requiring CD and wiping out our population. This is great news.

Proach
03-14-2005, 08:04
this is a really nice Idea, I have the problem that Hlguard isnt working no my server, and witch cdrequired the server is empty
coujnterstrike players are probably the most lazy people in the world

so I think Im gonna reinstall cd with this plugin :)
thanks a lot

again

very nice idea !

Bugsy
03-14-2005, 20:43
Thanks guys

If you can think of any additions or changes that you'd like to see please let me know.

Trip~Hazard
03-14-2005, 23:10
this is a really nice Idea, I have the problem that Hlguard isnt working no my server, and witch cdrequired the server is empty
coujnterstrike players are probably the most lazy people in the world

so I think Im gonna reinstall cd with this plugin :)
thanks a lot

again

very nice idea !

HLG will not work on my server either.....you wouldn't happen to rent a Game Daemons box would you? My issues with HLG have without doubt been attibuted solely to Game Daemons....of course they are clueless and could care less about what I am telling them.

Bugsy
03-14-2005, 23:19
Doesn't work as in it doesn't catch hackers or doesn't work as in it doesn't load?

Trip~Hazard
03-15-2005, 00:03
This is a very long story concerning HLG, but I will keep it short. It will load and run fine as long as the server is empty. As soon as a few people start to populate the server, at some random point the server will go into a 3-4 minute timeout loop until HLDS crashes and restarts. Its a problem with Game Daemons and the modifications they made to FreeBSD to get more server side FPS. The HLG coders worked on as many as 5 beta binaries trying to help me out.....no dice.

Trip~Hazard
03-15-2005, 00:05
Do these CVARs go in amxx.cfg or server.cfg or are they cvars controlled through console?

CVARs:
amx_cdmoderator = turns it on and off, 1 = on, 0 = off (default 1)
amx_kdmax = starting point to watch a player. (default 12)
amx_kdratio = the ratio at which they will get kicked if they exceed. ie. ratio of 2 will kick a player if they get 10 kills and 5 or less deaths. (default 2)

Bugsy
03-15-2005, 02:05
You can set them in console or in your config.

Proach
03-15-2005, 03:27
This is a very long story concerning HLG, but I will keep it short. It will load and run fine as long as the server is empty. As soon as a few people start to populate the server, at some random point the server will go into a 3-4 minute timeout loop until HLDS crashes and restarts. Its a problem with Game Daemons and the modifications they made to FreeBSD to get more server side FPS. The HLG coders worked on as many as 5 beta binaries trying to help me out.....no dice.

hmm I think your problems are completely different to mines
well actually my only problem is that it aint working :P
it just doesnt block ANY cheat
when I just installed it, it worked for about 2 days and now nothing seems to work anymore.. kinda weird :P

Bugsy
03-15-2005, 12:20
Yeah same here pretty much. Once in a blue moon I'll see it catch a hack but that's probably around a once every 2-3 weeks kind of thing. Does HLG lag any of your servers or is that hear-say?

Proach
03-15-2005, 12:38
for me its a hear say :)
dony know how it is on your own server ofcourse

My ping is 13 on my server so.. :P

Bugsy
03-15-2005, 21:00
Yea, my ping is super low on mine too but I try to make it the best possible for everyone.

TooL
05-13-2005, 00:07
This plugin half works - it does kick the 'first' time after X amount if kills but the player can immediately reconnect and play for quite a while before being kicked again. We are working our way towards CD Required but wanted to give our players some time to get used to it.

Entries are being written to vault.ini but do not seem to be getting checked since the player is allowed to immediately reconnect.

Morpheus
05-13-2005, 03:10
Why not use this metamod version? We use this on our servers, and banlist automatically gets updated from known download urls.. :)

http://forums.unitedadmins.com/index.php?showtopic=41604

Kicks players after ex.. 3 frags if u want that.. U can moderate ur needs as u want.. :) Easy to use.

Morpheus

Bugsy
05-13-2005, 17:40
I updated the plugin because it stopped working due to the change in how cheating-death was loaded (standalone as opposed to metamod). It will now kick the player at round start instead of during a round when the players name first gets changed to "[No C-D] name."

twistedeuphoria
12-13-2005, 19:15
Redundant. Old and author was temp banned at one point. Moved to Unapproved/Old Plugins forum.