PDA

View Full Version : Hero: Shinobi (Cheap_Suit)

vittu
08-24-2009, 21:00
Shinobi
(Conversion of Module Hero from here (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=45316))

Description
To enter shinobi mode you must use your knife. This is my first hero so be nice ^^.

http://students.thiel.edu/acosentino/images/shinobi.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinobi_%28PlayStation_2%29

.: Skills :.

Use Key (e) - Shuriken Shower
Power Key - Smoke Screen Ninjutsu

.: Moves :.

Jump Dash (Forward/Back + Duck + Jump) - Jump at a very fast speed
Wall Hold - Hold jump while touching a wall
Wall Jump - From Wall Hold, release your jump button to perform a Wall Jump (the longer you hold the stronger your jump will be)

.: Other Abilities :.

Speed Stealth - Transparence based on your speed, so if you dont move you'll be almost completly invisible
Melee Concussion - Enemies screen will be 'punched' around if they are hit by knife
Fall Protection - You will not be damaged from falling at high speeds.

shconfig.cfg CVARS
shinobi_level 9
shinobi_cooldown 20.0 // Smoke Screen Ninjutsu delay
shinobi_walljump 900 // Max wall jump power
shinobi_longjump 550 // Jump Dash power
shinobi_stealth 18.8 // Minimum stealth
shinobi_shur_speed 1200 // Shuriken Speed
shinobi_shur_dmg 5 // Shuriken Damage
shinobi_shur_pack 20 // Number of Shuriken per shower
shinobi_shur_delay 10.0 // Shuriken use delay
Credits
Thanks to mayhem, OneEyed, vittu, v3x, and Zenith77.
Got alot of codes based on one of their plugins.

--------------------------------

I got a few requests for this hero to be made plugin compatible and since Cheap_Suit is not around much if at all I figured I would do a straight conversion. I am not gonna support this however and if Cheap_Suit ever comes back around and wants to do this himself I will remove this version.

I will move this to unapproved after a bit of time.

Sepehr
08-24-2009, 21:46
Alright~! Thanks vittu, the hero is awsome, it will definatley be used in my server. I appreciated it alot that you accepted my request.

Jelle
08-25-2009, 06:36
As I remember, I saw vitty write that you cant long jump in cs anymore because of the new protocol. Can you long jump with this hero?

vittu
08-25-2009, 12:45
As I remember, I saw vitty write that you cant long jump in cs anymore because of the new protocol. Can you long jump with this hero?I don't know what the long jump in this hero is like but it is not the type that valve broke. I have not tested this hero so if anyone can tell me that it works the way it is supposed to I would appreciate it.

Fr33m@n
08-25-2009, 12:58
the long jump work.

vittu
08-25-2009, 13:05
the long jump work.
is it the same method as the HL longjump item?

If so I look into updating Frogger with a similar method to the one used here. You can fake a long jump, I just don't have the time to debug/test a method for Frogger currently. (don't feel like trying to recreate the item from the sdk)

Fr33m@n
08-25-2009, 13:16
can you read .dem ?

you can became a real frog with this lol

basically the same as froger, more easy to use.

Fr33m@n
08-25-2009, 13:26
you can hold Duck, then press jump when you are on the floor enjoy.

Jelle
08-25-2009, 14:14
Oh nice that it works, just thought that it would be totally deleted, did not know that it was just one method.

and well, it looks like it works, ill give it a try.

EDIT: I just tested the hero on listen server. It works fine, but there is a bug. The no fall damage thing, it works sometimes with a gun.
Anyway great hero for starters. It would be really great if it was with all guns it would work.

lShinel
08-30-2009, 23:06
Nice hero :) but with a gravity powers the gravity dont works =/

Sumalenin
08-31-2009, 17:28
Compile Error:
I have amxx 1.8.1
//AMXXPC compile.exe
// by the AMX Mod X Dev Team

//// sh_shinobi.sma
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(44) : error 017:
undefined symbol "sh_create_hero"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(45) : error 017:
undefined symbol "sh_set_hero_info"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(46) : error 017:
undefined symbol "sh_set_hero_bind"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(81) : error 017:
undefined symbol "SH_HERO_ADD"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(82) : error 017:
undefined symbol "SH_HERO_DROP"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(93) : error 017:
undefined symbol "SH_KEYDOWN"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(98) : error 017:
undefined symbol "gPlayerInCooldown"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(98) : warning 21
5: expression has no effect
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(98) : error 001:
expected token: ";", but found "]"
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(98) : error 029:
invalid expression, assumed zero
// C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \sh_shinobi.sma(98) : fatal erro
r 107: too many error messages on one line
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 10 Errors.
// Could not locate output file C:\Users\Nina.Ayline.Summer\Desktop\scripting \co
mpiled\sh_shinobi.amx (compile failed).
//
// Compilation Time: 0,33 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...

vittu
08-31-2009, 19:18
I have amxx 1.8.1That may be, but either you don't have SH 1.20 or you don't have SH 1.20 includes in that folder you are using to compile with... Though since it did not complain about missing the superheromod include file, im guessing you are compiling with an older sh which server server is probably running.

vittu
09-04-2009, 15:34
Nice hero :) but with a gravity powers the gravity dont works =/
Test this out if it works ok I'll update the main post with it...

heliumdream
05-20-2011, 01:30
i havent played in a minute. does this hero work again yet? is it cool to change the trigger button from e somehow? how do i bind stuff. and why isnt this called ninja gaiden? can i change the name on my server? where is the source or is it just a compile?

keen point. what happens when you drop the black hole hero ball next to people. does it suck up ninja wall crawlers? i think with a x+crossscript-check you could easily put a flag next to certain heros, that when actives, the black hole acts as a direct check.

GhosT489
07-17-2011, 14:45
I dont know if anyone knows, but with the wall hold , yes the low gravity from other heroes does work with this from the last update from Vittu, and if anyone knew you are able to wall hold to the sky, dont know if that is a problem or not. Just thought id throw my 2 cents in for using this hero, which is a great hero. Thanks