PDA

View Full Version : WC3 Help

RangerFA
04-10-2004, 14:52
My server provider wont let me put wc3 server on unless i pay more because he says it takes up more resources and bandwith...

Is that true...

BigBaller
04-10-2004, 15:28
your server provider should go the hell and fuck himself, charging more because you wish to use a plugin is a shitty business.

RangerFA
04-10-2004, 15:40
he said it uses more resources and what not...

n3x1s
04-10-2004, 19:15
Must be talking about IGS. They told me same thing. I said piss off. Now I have 4 WC3 servers running for what IGS was gonna charge for ONE!!. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

As far as it using more resources and bandwidth: The reason for more bandwidth would come into play only if it stayed full all the time. Like alot of WC3 servers do. I really cant answer about the resources. I'm not sure how many CPU cycles were used by our old linux server. But I can say that we are running 4 WC3 servers from one box (as most server providers do). And when I checked the system monitor with a total of 42 players on 4 servers, the CPU usage was only topping out at 16%. And this is a single processor Windows Server 2003 machine. I'd venture to say that most good server providers use dual xeon machines with Linux.

QwertyAccess
04-10-2004, 19:43
any company that charges more just because you have a plugin that uses more cpu. You should quit having a server with them there are many server providers that are much better. and cheaper.

RangerFA
04-11-2004, 02:21
anyone have any suggestions for chicago based servers...

Jeremy|GH|
05-15-2004, 09:21
anyone have any suggestions for chicago based servers...

I have a couple st. louis servers and a future chicago server coming.. whats your location?

--Jeremy