Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Classic

Post New Thread Reply   

t0r
Old 05-13-2009 , 16:18   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #81

Hiya,

Im using your mod aswell, but having a bit of a problem with the models for the frag- and secondary grenades.

The models only seem to show themself on ctf_2forts.

I tried on ctf_well and a vew custom maps, but the only model we get is the ERROR model (screenshot in attachment)

Only when the model was visible on forts and then when the map changes the console spams error messages about cmaterial (screenshot in attachment)
Also the models are invisible then.

Not sure if i am doing anything wrong, i am fairly new to configure a srcds server. But i'm pretty sure i put the files in the correct places, as they seem to work on 2fort. I even uploaded them in the redirect space, not sure if it would make any difference.

hopefully you can help me a bit out here, would really like to get this mod working.

Ah yea and a small request, as it would be awesome if the demoman could set a HE charge with a timer.

Keep up the good work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	42101   Click image for larger version

Name:	consoleerror.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	42102  
CrancK
Old 05-13-2009 , 17:10   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #82

do you have sv_pure on 0, or have it on 1 but with all the files in the whitelist? if not... then the models probably wont show...

if you do have that already set and they still don't show...

then you might not have a download server set, or set up properly? (though if you don't i think it should still download m off the server...)

though seeing as the errors come up on your client console, it's probably because you've got an sv_pure 2 server, or you have sv_pure 1 and didnt put the models & materials in the whitelist.... (so then the server doesnt use them, and doesnt let you download them and thus you get error models).... or it might even be that cvar which enables/disables downloading from the server, though i think that one is enabled by default...

that's my guess anyway , hope it helps

Last edited by CrancK; 05-13-2009 at 17:13.
t0r
Old 05-14-2009 , 08:36   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrancK View Post
do you have sv_pure on 0, or have it on 1 but with all the files in the whitelist? if not... then the models probably wont show...
I guess i was using the wrong whitelist, i found whitelist.cfg on the server and added the folders/files in there.

Anyway i should have used pure_server_whitelist.txt and everything works fine for now.

What do you think about my request for that HE charge aka DET pack for the demoman?

Thx for the help
Ampersand
Old 05-14-2009 , 08:42   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0r View Post
I guess i was using the wrong whitelist, i found whitelist.cfg on the server and added the folders/files in there.

Anyway i should have used pure_server_whitelist.txt and everything works fine for now.

What do you think about my request for that HE charge aka DET pack for the demoman?

Thx for the help
Why have your server on pure anyway? ',: \ It doesn't prevent hackers, believe me, I know.

Also, Detpack is coming. We're working on getting a model for it.
t0r
Old 05-14-2009 , 11:08   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Why have your server on pure anyway? ',: \ It doesn't prevent hackers, believe me, I know.

Also, Detpack is coming. We're working on getting a model for it.

pure 1 came with the setup :p
anyway if there is no point in using it, i might aswell change it 0.

Good to hear detpack is comming
CrancK
Old 05-17-2009 , 07:13   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #86

UPDATE:

-Infection completely reworked:

infection now has range falloff, meaning at close range you'll infect people a lot quicker then at medium range, and past medium range there is no infection (still damage from the needle though)

infection now spreads in that same falloff way, on close range it spreads quickly, on medium range nearly not (but still a bit) and past that it doesnt

linear progressing of levels of infection

infection level infos: (most of these values are default values which can be changed through cvars)

lvl 1, amount of needles needed = 5 at close range, about 25 at max range, damage 2 (per 3 seconds), max distance on spreading 320.0 units
lvl 2, needles needed = 15 at close range, about 75 at max, damage 3, max distance spread 384.0
lvl 3, nn = 25min, 125max, damage 4, maxdistance 448.0
lvl 4, nn = 35min, 175max, damage 6, maxdistance 512.0
lvl 5, nn = 45min, 225max, damage 8, maxdistance 576.0
lvl 6, nn = 55min, 275max, damage 10, maxdistance 640.0

Walljumping!

the way it works:
basically, the walljump converts all your speed (minus fall speed), to the direction your looking at, plus... it pushes you off the wall.
it is possible to stay close to the wall however.., by strafing into the wall while walljumping.

to walljump, you need a minimum speed of 133.33 (as defined in tf2c_walljump_minspeed) towards the wall, and press crouch and jump at the same time

it's extremely versatile, and it's uses are (but not limited to):

-getting up high places, where a normal jump wouldnt suffice, and a nadejump would be overkill
-getting a quick minimum bhop speed (it can give about 266.66 speed from a normal jump to walljump, if you time it right, thus providing you with about 500+ speed to bunnyhop with)
-jumping over large gaps: since the walljump pushes you off the wall, if you look uppish +airstrafe off the wall, you can walljump pretty far
-and possibly people could go advanced with stuff like walljump to airstab, or making lengthy combos of walljumps to get to weird places, walljumping to dodge, or whatever you want

-another new feature: sniper shot giving a slow, but not in the sense of actually slowing a person down... only in the sense of making that persons bunnyhopcap lower (will probably only work with bunnyhopmode 3, since so far i haven't been able to find a suitable solution to the problem of adding it to the others)

-bug fix: demo mirv nade;
demo mirv secondary explosions now go off one at a time, so anything killed by it won't be killed 4times with 1 mirv
-cvar for throwspeed of nades (tf2c_nades_throwspeed)
-cvar for disabling the current sandman doublejump (or basicly i fixed it, and i give people the option of still having a sandman doublejump) (tf2c_sandmanjump_enabled)
-cvar for forcing everyone on the server to use a specific mode of showinfo
(tf2c_forced_showinfo)

-feature?? addition: (tf2c_jump_info)
ahwell, don't know if it can actually be considered a feature yet (not untill i work it out some more, and make it a bit more extensive anyway) but anyway, basically a cvar to show everyone on the server either:

- how far you jumped(total travelled distance) + how high you jumped (heighest point)
- max forward speed in a jump, max upward speed in a jump
- both
-detailed version, though atm this one is a bit screwy and shouldnt be used, but i'll probably have this fixed before i upload the new version, since it shouldn't be that much work...

-possible bugfix of the pyro nade, crashing windows servers, by making the pyro nade not burn himself (plz tell me if it still does)

-cvar showinfo expanded, there's now option 4, which shows nades + status effects (status effects atm are D = drugged, I = infected, S = slowed)

-reworked the spynade a bit, still not 100% happy with it, but better then the last one

-added the option(cvar) of enabling emp and/or conc nade blast to go through walls

-several small bugfixes i can't remember right now...

all the new cvars in a nice list:
PHP Code:
"tf2c_nades_emp_ignorewalls""1""enables the blast to go through walls"
"tf2c_nades_conc_ignorewalls"
"1""enables the blast to go through walls"
"tf2c_nades_throwspeed"
"950.0""this + the playerspeed = speed at which the nade is thrown"
"tf2c_sandmandjump_enabled"
"0""on 1, enables sandman scouts, to do a bodged up doublejump"
"tf2c_walljump_enabled"
"0""enables the spy to wall-jump"
"tf2c_walljump_power"
"266.66""power of the spy-walljump"
"tf2c_walljump_delay_g2w"
"0.25""delay in seconds before being able to walljump again from ground"
"tf2c_walljump_delay_w2w"
"0.75""delay in seconds before being able to walljump again from walls"
"tf2c_walljump_distance"
"40.0""distance to wall"
"tf2c_walljump_minspeed"
"133.33""minimum total speed required to walljump"
"tf2c_infect_enabled"
"1.0""enables infection"
"tf2c_infect_hits"
"5.0""amount of hits needed to infect players"
"tf2c_infect_basedamage"
"2.0""base amount of damage from infection"
"tf2c_infect_mindistance"
"128.0""upto this range, infection is 100% effective"
"tf2c_infect_maxdistance"
"640.0""max range of infection, any further and the needle wont infect"
"tf2c_forced_showinfo"
"0""makes all clients have this mode of showinfo displayed"
"tf2c_snipershot_enabled"
"0""makes snipers shots slow people down (only works with bunnymode 3)"
"tf2c_snipershot_delay"
"5.0""time in seconds for which the debuff lasts"
"tf2c_snipershot_debuffamount"
"0.1""amount of slowdown per shot, if you change this, mapchange is recommended"
"tf2c_quickdoors_enabled"
"1""enables/disables doors to be opened instantly, needs mapchange"
"tf2c_jump_showinfo"
"0""shows info about jumps, 1 for speed, 2 for distance, 3 for both, 4 for detailed" 
check the first post for the updated files

note: the walljump and snipershot aren't enabled by default for 2 reasons,
1 they both work best with bhopmode 3, and only with that one so far...
2 walljump and snipershot weren't ideas from tfc, which the name of the mod kinda implies its going for.
so ahwell, anyway... just make sure that if you want to use them, to change the cvars to 1 for enabling them

Last edited by CrancK; 05-17-2009 at 07:23.
h0mpy
Old 05-17-2009 , 12:30   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #87

hi,

i have some questions and some stuff to share with you.
let's start with the questions.

who are you guys?
who are working on this mod?
what is your goal and what are the potentials?
do you have a website?
is anyone else but judge and i playing this mod?

we got tf2, hoping that it would satisfy our hunger for fortress as we extensively played q3f and etf.
sadly tf2 was nothing we hoped for. but then we came across this mod.

at the moment there are 2 servers running this mod and we are 1 of those 2 running it in the netherlands.
at the moment it's running a map by judge called 'putdat'. it's like a private laming map..though it seems to attract players.
it has nothing to do with ctf though.
i have some other maps on it like chaos and mach but they were made for tf2 and are worthless for tf2c.
at this moment judge is working on a version of the map openfire which is supposed to make tf2c worth playing with bunny hopping and all.
CrancK
Old 05-17-2009 , 12:59   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #88

hello h0mpy,

you're the i3d.net server? i saw it in the server list (about that... there's actually 3 servers with my mod atm)

who are we guys? well mainly me making this mod, and since recently i've found ampersand/ampersand found me, and he's helping me out with the mod, making/finding/getting others to do models and making a website, it isn't done yet, but when it is, i'll be sure to put the link all over this thread

as for the goal of this mod... well, basically (my goal anyway) is to make tf2 a movement-based game again, as all the other tf games were movement-based games, so far i've reimplemented lot's of features making it closer to tfc, but then again, i've also implemented a walljump to balance out the spy a bit, yet it wasn't in tfc, so i'm not sticking completely to converting tf2 to tfc, but then again... if you don't like any of the options in the mod, you can disable it...

potentials... err... what do you mean exactly by this?

and no, you're not alone in playing this mod, ampersand's server seems to be full nearly every american-evening, and mine is usually full when i get my clanmates to join me and seed the server a bit. (i got quite a few regulars, but they only show up if about 6+ ppl are on the server )

a better version of openfire then the one currently on fpsbanana would be GREAT! since it is true that many of the normal maps, and even most custom maps are not really designed for this mod

there are a few nice ones though, and myself, i somehow find pl a very good mode for the mod (although it would be better if the cart was an intel, like avanti ), or it could just be because nearly all ctf maps so far suck... ahwell...

hope this provides you with some of the info you asked for, if you have any further questions/suggestion, feel free to ask/tell them

edit:
small list of some maps which work quite well/good with the mod:

-cp_badlands
-well (ctf&cp, though on cp 2nd point is a bitch to get)
-cp_gravelpit
-cp_warpath2 (though it'd be better if it were avanti style, remake of tfc map)
-ctf_crossing_b2 (nice for conc-capping flag, but then again, is quite hard to defend, and is assymetrical :S)
-ctf_crossover_b3 (remake of tfc map)
-ctf_well_classic_b2 (remake of tfc map)
-ctf_badlands_classic_b2 (remake, dunno if it works as well as the other remakes, since it's so big i never got enough players to test the map properly, we only got a 14man server)
-ctf_epicenter2_b2 (remake)
-ctf_shutout_b1 (for up to 4v4, no more, since it's quite a small map)

and i myself like nearly any pl map with the mod, because they're nice and open, and they give a twist to the speedy-movement, as in you have to go slow to push the cart...

there are more ok-ish maps, but so far i haven't found any besides the remakes that scream: BUNNYHOP ME! or CONC ME!, and most of the remakes have the old tfc textures...

Last edited by CrancK; 05-17-2009 at 13:59.
h0mpy
Old 05-17-2009 , 14:18   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #89

yes, that's us..the i3d server.
and i saw you on a private server.
judge is t0r btw.

you've provided enough answers to clarify most of the things to me.
what i meant with potential is something like player base. i mean..do you think many people will play the mod? recent fortress mods haven't been that popular.

tfc doesn't mean anything to me. i remember when i was playing q3f for [TFT] and the clan leader asked me to play tfc. i played it once and never again :p

the other day i downloaded ff and when i played it, i got flashbacks to that single game of tfc. i didn't like it very much.. probably because i'm used to quake.

i don't care about eye candy..i want it sleak and fast.. with fov 130 and 3 concs!
CrancK
Old 05-17-2009 , 14:31   Re: TF2Classic
Reply With Quote #90

well, with my mod, you can make the game as fast as you'd like, and have as many concs as you could ever use

as for fov... atm i've capped it at 120.... but i might be persuadable to change it to higher...

as for how popular it'll be.... hell.. no idea, at first i just simply wanted to concjump in tf2, i didnt even know i was gonna make all this stuff , got no idea where i'm headed, but hopefully it's in the right direction anyway