Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
EVOL
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
All
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Old 03-16-2009 , 01:05   [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #1

I've been very hard at work for the last 3 or 4 weeks developing HUNTER GAMES.

There is an excellent HD youtube vid up showing the gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q7CKpAoX4Y&fmt=22

This is my first mod, so there are definitely some bugs, but it is VERY playable, and VERY addicting.

Version 1.0 is available for download at www.huntergames.org

Also, here's the original thread from steam forums:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=821493

Enjoy!

-EVOL

(Here's the description we posted on the steam forums a few days ago

EVOL has been diligently working on on a plugin for SourceMod for weeks and he has a very playable plugin we call Hunter Games. We plan on releasing it very very soon, I'm thinking Sunday afternoon. There are a few dev servers running it 24/7, IP's in the Steam Group below.

Play with 8 hunters at one time in games like Tag, Infection, 25 damage pounce sessions, and more.

Join our Steam Group for announcements and events.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/huntergames

Features so far...

FIVE playable game play types, more in development.

25 Damage Pounce Sessions
    Survivor Pounce Races
    Tag
    Reverse Tag
    Infection

25 Damage Pounce Sessions
    Survivors start in the map and hunters try to do 25 damage pounces. 200 points are given when you do 25 damage. Any amount below 20, you respawn and get zero points. Damage between 20-24, you get the number of points that your damage does. Then you respawn and try again.

Survivor Pounce Races
    Survivors spawn randomly around the map and hunters spawn in the safe room. First hunter to pounce a survivor receives 200 points plus pounce damage. Second hunter to pounce a survivor gets 100, third gets 50 and fourth gets 24. If you kill a survivor before the last survivor is pounced, you get an extra 200 points. Hunters respawn in the safe room and survivors are randomly spawned again.

Tag
    Game chooses a first player to be "it". Being it is bad. To tag another player, claw them. Insanely fun! Receive points for every second you are not it. Being it is indicated by a beeping sound around the player... and they are on fire (doing no damage)

Reverse Tag
    Game chooses a first player to be "it". Being it is GOOD. Claw that player to steal being it. Points collected for every second you ARE it.

Infection
    Game chooses a first player to be infected. That player has to slash another player and the second player is now infected as well. Infected are indicated by being on fire. Last one infected receives the most points.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip hunter-games-1.0.1.zip (101.4 KB, 1672 views)

Last edited by EVOL; 03-16-2009 at 03:18. Reason: Fixed a map change bug (uploading new zip file)
    Downtown1
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-16-2009 , 02:49   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #2

Very cool, haven't played this yet, but have heard good things about it .

By the way, you forgot to attach the plugin to your post. Go into advanced mode and then upload the .sp file for it .

Last edited by Downtown1; 03-16-2009 at 02:51.
    DarkNoghri
    Old 03-16-2009 , 03:26   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #3

BTW, is there an easy way to turn this on/off in game? I'm almost ready to install this on our clan server, but we need the server available for normal play as well.
    EVOL
    Old 03-16-2009 , 03:40   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkNoghri View Post
    BTW, is there an easy way to turn this on/off in game? I'm almost ready to install this on our clan server, but we need the server available for normal play as well.
    Well, I considered that from the beginning, and have put a lot of effort into supporting it. However, I have not tested it extensively. Also, since this is the first mod I've made, I'm not sure what the "best practice" would be.

I have 2 methods named EnabledHunterGames() and DisableHunterGames(). Each one does a bit of work. What I'm not sure about (best-practice-wise) is if I should unhook all of the events that I normally need hooked for my mod to work.

Anyway, give it a try. To disable:
    hg_enabled 0
    at console. Back to 1 to turn it back on.

Alternatively, any mod that doesn't have a "switch off" feature can still be switched off if it's in sourcemod. Set up 2 cfg files:

hg_enable.cfg will contain 1 line
    sm plugins unload sm_hunter_games

hg_disable.cfg will also contain 1 line
    sm plugins load sm_hunter_games

Then from your console you can
    rcon exec hg_disable

And then just change the map. I think that would work just fine.
    KawMAN
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 03-16-2009 , 11:36   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #5

force own sv_tags, will be easier to find servers using this mod

Last edited by KawMAN; 03-16-2009 at 11:57.
    Send a message via ICQ to KawMAN Send a message via Skype™ to KawMAN
    {7~11} TROLL
    Old 03-16-2009 , 12:30   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #6

i must say i watched the video and this looks hella fun nice work

also what program you use to record the video with?
    Old 03-16-2009 , 12:59   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #7

servers with this mod http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...&type=variable
    Send a message via ICQ to KawMAN Send a message via Skype™ to KawMAN
    santaclaus
    Old 03-16-2009 , 13:15   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #8

yeah i too have heard of that mod.
    you guys know how to deal with communication. Almost Valve level without extra delay (joking).

Will be testing it.

EVOL
    Old 03-16-2009 , 14:20   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KawMAN View Post
    Wow! That's crazy. Unfortunately, I checked my 3 original HG servers this morning, and none of them were running correctly, and required that I unload and reload the plugin, and then restart the hunter games (hg_enabled 0, hg_enabled 1). So the plugin isn't really self sufficient yet, and requires babysitting. It's great that so many servers have it installed, but I hope someone is watching over them too.

Hopefully I get these show-stopper bugs ironed out soon.
    Naow
    Old 03-16-2009 , 14:21   Re: [L4D] HUNTER GAMES Mod 1.0 is available for download!
    Reply With Quote #10

I will test your plugin tonight ;)