Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Help I need a developer 1 blocker

Post New Thread Reply   

oddbilly
Old 10-23-2007 , 15:54   Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #1

hey this is odd from odd scoutzknivez server cs:cz

as many of u know the (developer 1) setting boosts fps and if u turn off vsync u can reach 200+ fps...these settings combined with the scoutzknivez map settings allows a retarded amount of strafing....

i need a plugin that does not allow anyone to turn on developer 1 at all
someone made a plugin that sets everyones developer to 0 every few seconds but someone made a scripts that overides it...

contact me for questions or if u have suggestions
help anyone
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2007 , 16:28   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #2

Try this :

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #define MAXPLAYERS  32 new max_reset new count[MAXPLAYERS+1] public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Check fps", "1.0", "connor")     max_reset = register_cvar("max_bad_value", "5") } public plugin_cfg() {     set_task(5.0, "fps_check", _, _, _, "b") } public client_connect(id) {     count[id] = 0 } public client_disconnect(id) {     count[id] = 0 } public fps_check() {     new players[MAXPLAYERS], inum     get_players(players, inum, "ch") //don't collect BOTs & HLTVs     for(new i; i<inum; ++i)     {         query_client_cvar(players[i] , "fps_max" , "cvar_result")         query_client_cvar(players[i] , "developer" , "cvar_result")     } } public cvar_result(id, const cvar[], const value[]) {     if(equal(value, "Bad CVAR request"))     {         server_cmd("kick #%d Please remove the alias that blocks fps_max or developer cvar", get_user_userid(id))     }     new iValue = str_to_num(value)     if(equal(cvar,"fps_max"))     {         if(iValue > 101)         {             client_cmd(id, "fps_max 101")             client_print(id, print_chat, "Your ^"fps_max^" cvar has been set to 101, don't touch it")             count[id]++         }     }     else if(equal(cvar,"developer"))     {         if(iValue)         {             //developer is higher than 0             client_cmd(id, "developer 0")             client_print(id, print_chat, "Your ^"developer^" cvar has been set to 0, don't touch it")             count[id]++         }     }         if(count[id] == get_pcvar_num(max_reset))         server_cmd("kick #%d You have bad cvar values to play on this server", get_user_userid(id)) }

attachment below is only with developer feature :
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (developer_check.sma - 1314 views - 1.1 KB)

Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 10-23-2007 at 17:40.
oddbilly
Old 10-23-2007 , 16:34   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #3

i dont need to check for fps_max only developer 1
if they have dev 1 then kick with msg "youve been kicked for using developer 1"or something would be great..
i dont mod nor do i compile so i need the actuall amxx file
thanks alot for the quick response
oddbilly
Old 10-23-2007 , 20:15   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #4

thank u im going to test now
...testing looks good
thanks

Last edited by oddbilly; 10-23-2007 at 20:22. Reason: tested
oddbilly
Old 03-27-2008 , 18:15   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #5

it seems they have found a way around this blocker by setting it to developer 0.9 ...can we add it so anything but 0 gets changed back to 0 or kick
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2008 , 04:51   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #6

Code:
#include <amxmodx>

public plugin_init()
    register_plugin("Dev blocker", "1.0", "v3x");

public client_infochanged(id)
    CheckForDev(id);

public client_putinserver(id)
    CheckForDev(id);

public CheckForDev(id)
{
    new info[2];
    get_user_info(id, "developer", info, 1);

if(str_to_num(info) != 0)
    {
        client_print(id, print_console, "* Developer must be set to 0 in this server");
        set_user_info(id, "developer", "0");
    }
}
That should do the trick.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (devblocker.sma - 1346 views - 445 Bytes)
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2008 , 05:55   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #7

I'm not sure your method works, as you also convert first result char into an integer.

Try this :

PHP Code:
#include <amxmodx>

#define MAXPLAYERS    32

new g_pcvarMaxCount
new g_iCount[MAXPLAYERS+1]

public 
plugin_init()
{

register_plugin("Developer 0""1.0.1""connorr")

g_pcvarMaxCount register_cvar("max_bad_value""2")

set_task(10.0"taskDeveloperCheck"___"b")
}

public 
client_putinserver(id)
{

g_iCount[id] = 0
}

public 
taskDeveloperCheck()
{
    new 
players[MAXPLAYERS], inum
    get_players
(playersinum"ch"//don't collect BOTs & HLTVs

for(new ii<inum; ++i)
    {

query_client_cvar(players[i] , "developer" "cvar_result")
    }
}

public 
cvar_result(id, const cvar[], const value[])
{
    new 
Float:fValue str_to_float(value)

if(!
fValue)
        return

client_cmd(id"developer 0")

client_print(idprint_chat"Your ^"developer^" cvar has been set to 0, don't change it")

if(++
g_iCount[id] >= get_pcvar_num(g_pcvarMaxCount))
    {

server_cmd("kick #%d Developer isn't allowed on this server"get_user_userid(id))
    }

- my plugins -
Halflifeplayer
Old 03-28-2008 , 08:33   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #8

You should use this plugin and you can block and set whatever cvar you want your choice

AMX CVAR Guard - AlliedModders

I use it if you try to type in the command says this cvar is blocked. This plugin blocks it all the time no matter what...

CS must be weird cause someons fps shouldn't effect how they move in game. FPS is how fast they render frames. How fast you render frames can't make the game play speed up in the real game. Plus if they don't have there monitor set to refresh the same amount they don't even see those frames. Plus if there cl_cmdrate is lower than there fps there not even sending that many updates. But I am sure you don't want to hear the netcode crap....

This cvar guard works perfect you pick the cvar and the setting and it is blocked they can't excute the command at anytime while there in your server.

Last edited by Halflifeplayer; 03-28-2008 at 08:38.
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2008 , 09:13   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halflifeplayer View Post
You should use this plugin and you can block and set whatever cvar you want your choice

AMX CVAR Guard - AlliedModders

I use it if you try to type in the command says this cvar is blocked. This plugin blocks it all the time no matter what...

CS must be weird cause someons fps shouldn't effect how they move in game. FPS is how fast they render frames. How fast you render frames can't make the game play speed up in the real game. Plus if they don't have there monitor set to refresh the same amount they don't even see those frames. Plus if there cl_cmdrate is lower than there fps there not even sending that many updates. But I am sure you don't want to hear the netcode crap....

This cvar guard works perfect you pick the cvar and the setting and it is blocked they can't excute the command at anytime while there in your server.
If you block your cvar before joining the server, this plugin just does nothing

- my plugins -
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2008 , 09:35   Re: Help I need a developer 1 blocker
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbilly View Post
hey this is odd from odd scoutzknivez server cs:cz

as many of u know the (developer 1) setting boosts fps and if u turn off vsync u can reach 200+ fps...these settings combined with the scoutzknivez map settings allows a retarded amount of strafing....

i need a plugin that does not allow anyone to turn on developer 1 at all
someone made a plugin that sets everyones developer to 0 every few seconds but someone made a scripts that overides it...

contact me for questions or if u have suggestions
help anyone

From what I understand, Setting devloper to 1 doesn't really give you any higher FPS it just looks like it does. HLDS has a hard coded FPS of 100 max.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 03-28-2008 at 09:42.