Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

question about ids and stuff ...

Post New Thread Reply   

shino
Old 10-17-2006 , 15:54   question about ids and stuff ...
Reply With Quote #1

this is code ...
Code:
/* Plugin generated by AMXX-Studio */ #include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define PLUGIN "New Plugin" #define VERSION "1.0" #define AUTHOR "Author" public plugin_init() {     register_plugin(PLUGIN, VERSION, AUTHOR)     register_clcmd("say .ready","check_ready")     register_srvcmd("check_whoisready","check_whoisready") } public check_ready(id) {     UserReady[id] = 1 } public check_whoisready() {     new Name[128]     for(new i=0;i<=get_playersnum();i++) {         if(UserReady[i] == 1) {             get_user_name(i,Name,127)             client_print(0,print_chat,"%s is ready!",Name)         }     } }

as you see, player could say .ready and he would be assigned into UserReady with his id. when someone types into server console check_whoisready, that loop will throw out anyone who has that id and is assigned into UserReady.

i would like to know, if my code would work or the use of UserReady[id] is wrong, ec i mustn't use this loop to get players' ids.

plz reply if you know the solution, ty :*

+karma if i am helpful
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2006 , 16:02   Re: question about ids and stuff ...
Reply With Quote #2

You should declare the UserReady array somewhere. I would change your gets_playersnum to get_maxplayers. The reason for this is that a player can have a higher id than the current amount of players in the server (ie: he is one of only two players in the server but his id is 11), whereas it can't go higher than the max players. You should also set i to 1 instead of 0 then, because there is no player 0.
shino
Old 10-18-2006 , 08:05   Re: question about ids and stuff ...
Reply With Quote #3

thank you but please explain:
"You should declare the UserReady array somewhere."

where should i declare it?

+karma if i am helpful
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2006 , 16:58   Re: question about ids and stuff ...
Reply With Quote #4

Outside any function, so that it is global (all functions have access to it). Most people declare all of their global variables at the top of the script. ie:

Code:
/* Plugin generated by AMXX-Studio */ #include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define PLUGIN "New Plugin" #define VERSION "1.0" #define AUTHOR "Author" new userReady[33]; public plugin_init() {