Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Final word about zBot!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 10-17-2006 , 01:18   Final word about zBot!

I do not support zBot!

zBot is an illegal hack which activates CZ bots that are built into the CS binary. Valve builds the bots into the CS binary, but they're de-activated unless you run the game as Condition-Zero. Trying to get around this is a license violation.

Furthermore, zBot leads to stability issues. It patches memory in order to work, and apparently it does a messy job - I've heard many reports of it causing crashes. Also, this causes CSDM to fail loading if CSDM is loaded after zBot. CSDM looks for patterns in memory, and zBot is altering those.

Don't use, don't mention, don't ask me about, don't link to zBot here. It is a support nightmare.

Check out http://www.bots-united.com/ for bots.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-20-2006 , 03:21   Re: Final word about zBot!

Some time ago the people at bots-united found the legall way to enable CZERO bots in CS1.6 (the mp.dll of CZERO and CS1.6 is exactly the same). The dll checks the directory it is running from. If it's cstrike - the bot is disabled, if it's czero - the bot is enabled. As Bailopan said - patching/hacking/fixing that mp.dll binary is illegal (against EULA). Even if You buy both games (CZERO and CS1.6) - it's still the same - changing the binaries is prohibited and still is a licence violation. But Whistler (yapb bot developer) found a legal way to enable these bots in CS1.6. He is not patching the binaries (which would be illegal), but he is patching the memory to lie the original - not touched - mp.dll. Well - Valve probably doesn't like it, but there is no paragraph against that (otherwise patching the memory by CSDM module aganst this what Valve wanted as the original game behavior would be also illegal, btw). But still the result is the same - mp.dll is lied about the game directory which is started from and it is causing CSDM module to load incorrectly and that is causing the crash of CSDM, too (I may attest - I've tryied that method, too). So - the only bots You can try to get working correctly with CSDM under CS1.6 they are: yapb, epodbot and podbot mm (I'm just precising the info about bots). The rest You can find at bots-united for CS1.6 (as realbot, joebot, ivpbot) they are not supported anymore. The only advantage CZERO bot has is autowaypointing system (so You don't need to make or find the waypoints for them). But with this there is really no problem, because we have the Waypointing section and You can just ask/request the waypoints for the particular bot for some map/maps and someone either will find it for You (if it's already existing) or it will do them for You from the scratch. You really don't need to be worry about that.
ajinkya_x
Old 04-26-2007 , 01:45   Re: Final word about zBot!

I found podbot mm 3 useful .. lol they chat with each other & BF2 ranks works well with them
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-26-2007 , 03:29   Re: Final word about zBot!

Seriously... you can't get any better than PODBot MM. It's legal and has everything you might need. Why would anyone use zBots?
Penalized Member
Old 08-05-2007 , 18:18   Re: Final word about zBot!

auto waypointing!

pod bot should figure out a way to do the same
Old 08-05-2007 , 21:29   Re: Final word about zBot!

Also, PODBots have crap aim when very close to an enemy!

So I use PODBots AND the CZ bots in 1.6...
Fredd
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2007 , 23:00   Re: Final word about zBot!

if you guys are that hungry, why not just run cz? there is nothing wrong with cz. and it won't be illegal.
Old 08-12-2007 , 23:08   Re: Final word about zBot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
if you guys are that hungry, why not just run cz? there is nothing wrong with cz. and it won't be illegal.

I do run CZ as well.
But there are more 1.6 players. And when they join my server and find they're playing against bots they're like "BOTS? WTF?!"

It's quite amusing.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-13-2007 , 03:52   Re: Final word about zBot!

Then use other bots.
Old 08-19-2007 , 09:24   Re: Final word about zBot!

podbots don't attack eath others ((
Closed Thread