Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

News, Metamod:Source 1.1.2 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 12-08-2005 , 05:35   News, Metamod:Source 1.1.2 Released

As a quick update, Metamod:Source 1.1.2 has been released. If you experience problems, don't forget to post in the SourceMM Support forum.

I'd like to take this opportunity to do some cleaning up. I've reorganized the forum to concentrate focus on Metamod:Source plugins, rather than Valve's Server Plugin interface. The HL2 Plugins posting section is locked and all coding posts have been moved to the SourceMM forum.

This move shouldn't come as a surprise - the SourceMod project is inactive now. We spent a lot of time working on SourceMM because it was clear the HL2SDK was not viable for what we wanted to develop. It still isn't, and we'll continue to promote the Metamod:Source platform as the best option available for writing plugins on the Half-Life 2 engine.

However, the SourceMod project is not dead - it's on the table until the developers have the time to reconvene and begin work again. It won't be today, or tomorrow (we're expecting about two months), but it will someday. In the meantime this site will exist to further support and develop the platform that SourceMod will run on (SourceMM).

For those interested, core1 and core2 of SourceMod are still available in CVS.
Old 12-08-2005 , 06:17  

Okay, I can handle it with the locking of the HL2-Plugins Section, but however:

You said Sourcemod is inactive, and this site was a pool for plugins, which fill this inactivity.

After locking the HL2-Plugins-Forum, I think this side will obviously not have so much traffic anymore.

Why do you lock it, if sourcemod is inactive at all? Lock it, if sourcemod is there and active

Debian LAMP
AMD 64 3700+
2xCS:S
Send a message via ICQ to tron73
XAD
Old 12-08-2005 , 07:26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron73
Okay, I can handle it with the locking of the HL2-Plugins Section, but however:

You said Sourcemod is inactive, and this site was a pool for plugins, which fill this inactivity.

After locking the HL2-Plugins-Forum, I think this side will obviously not have so much traffic anymore.
Agree...

Bailopan, this is your site so you are entitled to do whatever you want with it (unless I'm wrong)...

BUT...

The "SourceMod" forum has been more a "Source Modification Forum" and eventhough a lot of plugin developers have their own sites they still admin, monitor, and announce news on this site. This site has been the common ground for all us to "meet" and discuss but also to discuss hacker-ala-vance style of programming.

It's very hard to get a website and a forum to be visited and used. So why not keep this as before, unless it cost you a lot (but wasn't a money funded by the members on this site), or you think the administation of the site is really heavy.

A lot of sites have been created and later stopped to exist but almost everyone knows that they can come back to this site...

Why not "pretend" SourceMM is only another mod, with it's own forum and keep the SourceMod forum independent??

IF you lock this site from plugin owners, promoting the SourceMM site, then the only reason to get to SourceMod is the hsoted section, which is almost only mine, as everyone else have their own site or is not longer active. Then, as for me, you can lock everything and I will have to find another forum to host it as my plugins alone are not important enough to attract users... (hopefully you will let me get an extract of my section first).

/X
cybermind
Old 12-08-2005 , 12:25  

I think the closing was not to prevent competition with SourceMod, but in order to try to promote moving server plugins over to the SourceMM interface. The SourceMM plugin section is still open.
lunatic00
Old 12-08-2005 , 15:09  

Well seeing as Source Mod has nothing to offer us or our servers, unless we want silly add-ons, it looks like we will have to wait for admin mod or another plug author to step up and fill the hole.

Beetles is dead for you if you run Linux, Mani has no interest in adding the parts of Beetles that many of us want, so tat leaves a big opening for any mod that will combine the two plugins.

Good luck with your war on Valve, but I don't wish to put our servers in that war zone.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2005 , 16:41  

Quote:
Well seeing as Source Mod has nothing to offer us or our servers, unless we want silly add-ons, it looks like we will have to wait for admin mod or another plug author to step up and fill the hole.
Both xaphan and bat are good basic admin tools that use metamod:source. They both aim to be simple, basic admin plugins and let funky things like burning players and time bombs be done by other plugins.

This is the exact opposite of what you said Mani has those things integrated in his plugin, so the metamod admin plugins are the only admin plugins that don't have add-ons.
tcviper
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2005 , 16:57  

There will be a mani version for sourcemm soon!
Send a message via MSN to tcviper
BAILOPAN
Old 12-08-2005 , 17:08  

XAD: If you wish to have a DB dump of your section you can PM me.

I am not concerned about traffic, I am concerned about promoting SourceMM. After all we are coders, not advertisers. We've developed what we believe to be a superior platform and keeping HL2 Plugins section open only helps to detract from what we've spent so much work on.
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2005 , 18:03  

It's not like the switch to sourcemm is hard. It can easily replicate the default hl2 plugin interface.

There is no downside to switching over to sourcemm.. Infact, you gain easier hooking of a lot of functions.

Also, I see no real reason for a plugin with hundreds of functions. I run the plugin I write on a server, and I find that there is no need to do much more then the basics. Not many people want or even need the "fun" features.. which lose their fun rather quickly.
Old 12-08-2005 , 19:02  

I think the people WANT the funny things, known from the old amxmodx ....

like:

Goremod
Hostitron
Zombie-Server (with infection)
WC-Mod

Some of them werew brought to SourceMM, but look at the plugins section at amxmodx, if I could, I would do ALL of them for source!!!

There will be a Mani-Version for SourceMM ???

GREAT (it you are right ....)

Debian LAMP
AMD 64 3700+
2xCS:S
Send a message via ICQ to tron73
Closed Thread