Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How to attract people to your server?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

risky
Old 03-19-2005 , 17:47   How to attract people to your server?

Well I have a 20 Man CS:S Server, and to be honest its not the easiest thing to get it full. Is there any tips or tricks for it to attract people?

Thanks @ SM
Send a message via AIM to risky Send a message via MSN to risky
XAD
Old 03-19-2005 , 17:58   Re: How to attract people to your server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky
Well I have a 20 Man CS:S Server, and to be honest its not the easiest thing to get it full. Is there any tips or tricks for it to attract people?

Thanks @ SM
The only way I found out is to have such a low ping that it will be on the "first" browser page (players are lazy) or already have regulars who have it in their favorites and are willing to hang on it alone for a while...

/X
imported_TheOne
Old 03-20-2005 , 01:23  

Add bots to your server

==================================
www.cssprays.co.uk
www.digitalservers.org
Tim
Old 03-20-2005 , 06:50  

Put in 3 / 5 bots on "Fill" mode, which makes them disappear
once a third or fifth player joins the server...
No one is going to join an empty server, nor join a server with
a large amount of bots. Three to five bots will keep your ping
low and attract at least the first few players to join...
Webring
Old 04-04-2005 , 12:36  

Bots are a good idea but also man people go to servers that are fast. So if the connection the server is on sucks, you should consider getting a better one. As far as keeping people on the server goes playing sounds and songs helps
onedamage
Old 04-04-2005 , 12:50  

get urself cs addicted admins
have them play as much as possible, for over a period of a few months (talkin 3 to 6 months)

times of the year are important, such as school summer vacation, roughly may till august, its the best time to concentrate on having a good filled server.

now, with your cs addicted admins playing alot, publicise your server, do it via clanyellowpages.com, do it in mIRC (join as many channels as possible, such as the 20 max), make sure you perform 20 'CS' channels or its not worth being there !

on mirc, use timers, they will run a msg command automatically every X seconds, so when you're in these chans all day while ur gone to work, people will see the server IP

an example of a timer (not the command, that i have written down at home, if you want it pm me and i`ll send it to you)

Come play on XX.XXX.XXX.XX home of YOUR-CLAN-NAME

come up with different neat ways of having messages

and, if your cs addicted admins also happen to love mIRC, then have them join 20 differenet channels than you to do the advertising

you could even open 2 mIRC's, and run your timers on 40 chans !
Send a message via ICQ to onedamage Send a message via MSN to onedamage
scout121
Old 05-13-2005 , 09:22  

the one server i play at for cz has a number of fake spectatots increase and decrease depending on how mnay people are in the server. The names are also either ranomized or past player names are just used over again as spectators. Not sure the name of the pluggin or if a simialr pluggin is out for cs source yet.

The best way is for you and a bunch of your friends to just play together during set times around 8:00. And maps like ice world jave always attracted people in the past. I hate that map btw.
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2005 , 18:02  

No ones going to play by themselves against bots when they could play agaist real ppl on a hundred other servers. Just need to get some regulars. Perhaps entice them with admin access.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2005 , 18:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedamage
get urself cs addicted admins
have them play as much as possible, for over a period of a few months (talkin 3 to 6 months)

times of the year are important, such as school summer vacation, roughly may till august, its the best time to concentrate on having a good filled server.

now, with your cs addicted admins playing alot, publicise your server, do it via clanyellowpages.com, do it in mIRC (join as many channels as possible, such as the 20 max), make sure you perform 20 'CS' channels or its not worth being there !

on mirc, use timers, they will run a msg command automatically every X seconds, so when you're in these chans all day while ur gone to work, people will see the server IP

an example of a timer (not the command, that i have written down at home, if you want it pm me and i`ll send it to you)

Come play on XX.XXX.XXX.XX home of YOUR-CLAN-NAME

come up with different neat ways of having messages

and, if your cs addicted admins also happen to love mIRC, then have them join 20 differenet channels than you to do the advertising

you could even open 2 mIRC's, and run your timers on 40 chans !
And when you get banned from the channel/glined from the network, I will sit and laugh at you.
Old 05-13-2005 , 18:40  

been doin it for 1 year +, havent had prob yet
Send a message via ICQ to onedamage Send a message via MSN to onedamage
Closed Thread