Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Mapcycles

Post New Thread Reply   

Snoopdazydaz
Old 02-10-2005 , 09:14   Mapcycles
Reply With Quote #1

Hi

At the moment we use different map cycles depending on what we feel like. We have an aim map rotation, a standard rotation, a fun map rotation etc etc. To change the rotations is a matter of copying, renaming moving around of the different txt files on the server then restarting the server.
I think it would be quite handy for a mod to be able to give you the ability of naming mapcycle files differently, ie mapcycleaim.txt, mapcyclestandard.txt etc, and have a command which will implement whichever rotation you want to switch too, ie :

amx_mapcycle "mapcycleaim.txt"

If there is already a functionality for this somewhere, then I apologise (and could you let me know what it is )

Thanks

Snoop
Send a message via MSN to Snoopdazydaz
DopeFish
Old 02-10-2005 , 13:59  
Reply With Quote #2

there is a cvar for that called "mapcyclefile"
Send a message via ICQ to DopeFish
Snoopdazydaz
Old 02-11-2005 , 04:04  
Reply With Quote #3

Hey Dopefish

Thanks for that

Snoop
Send a message via MSN to Snoopdazydaz
lunatic00
Old 02-14-2005 , 21:41  
Reply With Quote #4

the only problem with using other map cycle files is that [ at least it is this way with Beatles mod ] next map reads from the default mapcycle.txt so next map will all report the wrong map. I believe the way AMX got around that was to read the mapcyclefile cvar to get what file was the map cycle file then looked in it to find next map.

As it stands now on our server most of the time the server is giving the wrong next map because we change that map cycle file to other map line ups we have set up. I hope this is addressed with any future naxtmap plugins