Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mysql issues Im seeing with ver 1.17

Post New Thread Reply   

Rock Daddy
Old 08-03-2004 , 19:09   Mysql issues Im seeing with ver 1.17
Reply With Quote #1

++++ This might want to be moved to the Bug report fourm. I didnt see it at first +++

I have lots of experience with shmod and mysql as I rent tons of server and support them. I am seeing something new with 1.17 here is what Im experienceing.

use the shconfig.cfg for my mysql information.
After an undetermined period xp stops loading giving the user the message xp will be loaded next roung over and over again.

The only way I seem to be getting around this is uncommenting the adminmysql plugins in the plugins.ini for amx even though they are not use mysql for admins. Then I have to load the admin.amx after that in order to read admins in the users.ini.
I put the mysql info in the mysql.cfg for the admins.
Server reports not finding the admin table of course but now xp loads again and seems to stay connected.

So to me it seems to lose connection unless Im doing this trick with the mysql admin part.

Server still reports the correct cvar info for all the sh_mysql_host and so forth even when it wont retrieve xp.

Database connection seems to check out as I have probably 15 shmod server running the old ver fine. I have jsut 2 1.17 ones and they both do this.

I'm not looking for an imideate answer as much as I'm bring up issues to look at.

Thx for you time.
Send a message via AIM to Rock Daddy
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2004 , 19:32  
Reply With Quote #2

there was a bug thats already been fixed where if the freezetime is set to 0 the XP will randomly never be loaded.

if your freezetime 0?

BTW I did not touch ANY of the mysql code ever.... so if it worked in the 1.16 rls then it works in 1.17
Old 08-03-2004 , 19:39  
Reply With Quote #3

I jsut checked and freezetime is set to 1 on both servers Im seeign this.
Ill just try uping it to 3
Send a message via AIM to Rock Daddy