Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps

Post New Thread Reply   

chinagreenelvis
Old 02-10-2013 , 01:33   Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #1

SOLVED: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...9&postcount=12

When hosting workshop maps on the server, the CS:GO mapgroups use a path (workshop/12345/map) to reference them. This all works out perfectly well, until you install SourceMod, which still uses mapcycle.txt.

The real problem is that the nextmap plugin absolutely does not like having paths in that file. Even if used with quotation marks, using a path instead of a map name will break the nextmap function and produce the following errors:

Code:
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: SourceMod error session started
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: Info (map "workshop/125794451/1v1") (file "errors_20130210.log")
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: [nextmap.smx] FATAL: Cannot load map cycle. Nextmap not loaded.
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Mapcycle Not Found
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "nextmap.smx":
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: [SM]   [0]  Line 138, C:\builds\build-sourcemod\win32-1.5\build\plugins\nextmap.sp::FindAndSetNextMap()
L 02/10/2013 - 01:15:08: [SM]   [1]  Line 108, C:\builds\build-sourcemod\win32-1.5\build\plugins\nextmap.sp::OnConfigsExecuted()
Needless to say, custom maps cannot be used in rotations with SourceMod as far as I can tell.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 02-11-2013 at 18:46.
Baron Rojo
Old 02-10-2013 , 02:17   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #2

+1 same problem here, searching info for it since days with no answer.

...maybe the other server operators are not using workshop or they found how to solve it :S

Last edited by Baron Rojo; 02-10-2013 at 02:19.
chinagreenelvis
Old 02-10-2013 , 04:05   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #3

They're using the old method of allowing direct downloads from their server. I read that SM is going to implement support for mapgroups, so hopefully that will take care of it.
Baron Rojo
Old 02-10-2013 , 05:06   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagreenelvis View Post
I read that SM is going to implement support for mapgroups, so hopefully that will take care of it.

In what sense support for mapgroups you mean support for workshop collections?

ahh another thing if you are working with workshop in your cmdline you put the mapgroup? because mine launch cmd line have both mg_custom and workshopcollection xD

and the mapgroup generated by workshop collection is on somewhere on the server files? or is "cloud mapgroup"

Last edited by Baron Rojo; 02-10-2013 at 05:10.
chinagreenelvis
Old 02-10-2013 , 13:49   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #5

I just added the maps manually from my client account and it worked. I didn't bother with the hosting commands on the server; as long as you have an auth key defined, the rest seems to take care of itself; people without the maps will automatically download them.

I used gamemodes_server.txt to make sure all game modes use the same map group. Then when I started the server, i put +map workshop/12345/map (where the path was the path to the map I wanted to play).

If you don't use SourceMod, any maps you put in your mapgroups will be part of the rotation. With SourceMod installed, it tries to use mapcycle.txt instead and everything gets fuxored.
chinagreenelvis
Old 02-10-2013 , 23:33   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #6

Well, now, this is interesting.

I took one of the Workshop maps and deleted it from my client folder, and instead copied it to my server folder in the base maps directory instead of using the Workshop/12345/map path. I connected to my server and bam - the map is downloading to my client.

I was sure that I was having problems with "missing map" errors when I tried this sort of thing before, and I'm wondering if it's the auth key, or a function of SourceMod. I know it used to be that you had to upload maps to a server and provide a download url in server.cfg, but has that changed?

Am I downloading the map from myself, or is the map being downloaded from the Workshop, somehow? I wonder, but I'm glad it works either way. For me, the obvious solution is to download the maps through the Workshop to my client, and then just upload them to the map directory on my server. I'm guessing anyone who doesn't have the map will download it when they connect as I am now.
chinagreenelvis
Old 02-10-2013 , 23:54   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #7

Okay, so I disabled SourceMod/MetaMod and deleted the auth key and it's still working. Except for awp_city; that one pretends to download and then says that it's missing.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 02-11-2013 at 00:00.
chinagreenelvis
Old 02-11-2013 , 00:14   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #8

Nevermind, it's any .bsp over a certain file size. I guess this is simply default game behavior. Maybe it always has been unless certain things have been configured, and I just never realized it.
chinagreenelvis
Old 02-11-2013 , 00:55   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #9

I'm talking to myself here, but I get it now; Placing maps in the root map directory uses the old system of server to client download, but having them in Workshop paths allows direct download from the much faster (and file-size limit-free) Workshop servers, and for that, you need the API key as well. The ultimimate down-side, of which, currently, is that those paths don't work with the mapcycle.txt files that SourceMod uses.

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 02-11-2013 at 00:56.
Baron Rojo
Old 02-11-2013 , 02:16   Re: Nextmap, mapcycle.txt, and Workshop maps
Reply With Quote #10

I'm with you man i was thinking of unistall sourcemod too because the mapcycle.
Reupload _se or custom maps under /maps folder to avoid the sourcemod inability is not the right solution , they should support the new cs go map rotation system or at least give us and quick hot fix update.

Well i hope is just a question of time.

Last edited by Baron Rojo; 02-11-2013 at 02:25.