Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update

Post New Thread Reply   

Helvetica
Old 12-24-2012 , 04:03   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Still, though, I find it odd that some other communities' servers are able to stay seemingly stable with way more downloads/precaches.
This. This bugs the shit out of me. I'm barely pushing anything to my clients compared to some other servers out there. I'll even get these stupid errors with all my stuff disabled. It's not something that can just be dismissed by saying "lol precache less"
GIANT_CRAB
Old 12-25-2012 , 01:43   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #112

Anyone mailed Valve about the Net shit yet?
Old 12-25-2012 , 22:00   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
This. This bugs the shit out of me. I'm barely pushing anything to my clients compared to some other servers out there. I'll even get these stupid errors with all my stuff disabled. It's not something that can just be dismissed by saying "lol precache less"
Luckily Valve hasn't stooped low enough to adopt that kind of attitude, just a neglegent one. All I can suggest now is that each of us personally email the developers and give them the link to this thread with a short description of our problem and a kind request to look into the matter. We've tried mailing lists before with no response, so this seems to be the next step.
Helvetica
Old 12-26-2012 , 04:16   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuhrerMike View Post
Luckily Valve hasn't stooped low enough to adopt that kind of attitude, just a neglegent one. All I can suggest now is that each of us personally email the developers and give them the link to this thread with a short description of our problem and a kind request to look into the matter. We've tried mailing lists before with no response, so this seems to be the next step.
I'll follow up an with an email if someone else brings it up.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-26-2012 , 11:29   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #115

Well, if you want to bug Valve about it, consider signing up for Valve's hlds and/or hlds_linux mailing lists and mentioning it there.

I mention it every so often there myself.

Note: I think those links are right, but I can't check them from work.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-26-2012 at 11:30.
GIANT_CRAB
Old 12-26-2012 , 11:37   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Well, if you want to bug Valve about it, consider signing up for Valve's hlds and/or hlds_linux mailing lists and mentioning it there.

I mention it every so often there myself.

Note: I think those links are right, but I can't check them from work.
I did mail there before, nobody bothered to reply to me.

At first I thought it was because of MvM bots not getting kicked.

I mailed the linux mailing list on 22/12/2012

Quote:
Title: Bots not getting kicked in MvM

Hello,

It seems like dead robots are not getting kicked in MvM game mode, this causes some players to be stucked in "retrieving server information".

Please address this issue, thank you Valve, for this wonderful game, TF2 and its gamemode, MvM.

Last edited by GIANT_CRAB; 12-26-2012 at 11:37.
Dispenz0r
Old 01-02-2013 , 13:50   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #117

Keeps happening over and over again sad!

Last edited by Dispenz0r; 03-09-2023 at 13:17.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2013 , 16:24   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenz0r View Post
Keeps happening on me over and over and oveeeer fucking again ;_;
I've gotten about 4 server resets thanks to this.
Helvetica
Old 01-20-2013 , 16:27   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #119

The topic is currently being discussed on the mailing list, if you have something to say, now is the time to bring it up.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-20-2013 , 17:42   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
The topic is currently being discussed on the mailing list, if you have something to say, now is the time to bring it up.
even though there is more whininess than solutions / workarounds :c
but hopefully valve will hear everyone and do something.