Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Need help with a large plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2012 , 15:59   Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #1

As many of you in the forums may have realized by now, Diegorkable made a pug plugin.

As most of you probably didn't didn't know, Diego actually offered to code this plugin as a private pug plugin for my clan. He was supposed to do this in return for help I gave him setting up servers and for allowing him space on a fastdl server. Unfortunately for me, this did not turn out well. Towards the end of our correspondance, he started adding tons of (in my opinion) extremely stupid features to the pug that I repeatedly told him to remove, and then he suddenly had his "server hacked" and his "script stolen" which "forced" him to post his pug here, instead of keeping it private per the original agreement. So now, the only supported pug on this forum has a ton of extra features that are extremely stupid (in my opinion).

Because of this, I have a pug plugin that is significantly better (in my opinion) in terms of features than Diego's, but also a bit more buggy.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to script, and I also refuse to subject myself to correspondance with the original coder, so I can't fix those bugs. While the pug is still playable, the bugs do cause some significant interference. I've been searching for 6 months or so for a scripter who would fix the bugs privately, but I haven't had any luck. So, I'm posting this pug plugin in public forums in the hopes that somebody at alliedmodders can help.

Can somebody fix the problems in this plugin? Namely:

1. The plugin doesn't unload itself correctly after a match. Players who are connected are not prompted to ready up again, and they are not kicked for not readying up. Furthermore, any new players are also not kicked.

2. When players vote for a new map, the map changes, and a couple of players always get "stuck in limbo", where they are not officially spectators, and are not free to choose a team. These people have to rejoin the server to be allowed onto a team.

[I think this can be fixed by changing the method of teaming players. Right now, after the map change, the plugin assigns the players to a team, and then a vote for "team organization" (eg, random teams, captains) appears. If the plugin instead allowed people to join their own them but then required them to type .rdy again before a team organization vote, it would probably be a good work around.

(It's up to you whether you simply fix the issue or use that work around. It doesn't matter to me either way.)]

So, those are the two main problems. It's a hefty plugin, so take your time. Please reply to the thread if you decide to take on the project so I can stop looking elsewhere so heavily.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (pug6.sma - 620 views - 52.1 KB)

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 04-05-2012 at 05:57.
sylar02
Old 04-04-2012 , 19:12   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #2

diegor has an unapproved plugin here as well

in which he has fixed few issues.

i still dont like it because of team name change and stuff. so i still use yap. however, yap has its own problems that i had to fixed/recode/change.

i suggest u follow his thread and see if he has fixed the issues that u are having.

Edit 1.0v. i belieave u need server_exec() to correctly change a map the way he has it. i am not sure about it, but i just looked up api for server_cmd and in order to change map, u need server_exec. i posted two links below.

your code
public ChangeMap()
{
new maptochangeto[25]

remove_task()
copy(maptochangeto, 24, mapschosen[changemapto])
server_cmd("amx_off")
server_cmd("amx_on")
server_cmd("changelevel %s", maptochangeto)
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

add server_exec()

public ChangeMap()
{
new maptochangeto[25]

remove_task()
server_cmd("amx_off")
server_cmd("amx_on")
server_exec()
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

also i dont like the way he uses amx_off and amx_on for end match or resetting a server. hence u are having these bugs.

sources
http://www.amxmodx.org/funcwiki.php?go=func&id=232
http://www.amxmodx.org/funcwiki.php?go=func&id=281

Last edited by sylar02; 04-04-2012 at 19:47. Reason: saw mapcode
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2012 , 19:57   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Ok, I will try that out. Maybe that is what is causing people to hang. Thanks for that help.

I've updated my attached plugin. If anybody has any other ideas, feel free to add on.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 04-04-2012 at 20:07.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2012 , 21:54   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylar02 View Post
Edit 1.0v. i belieave u need server_exec() to correctly change a map the way he has it. i am not sure about it, but i just looked up api for server_cmd and in order to change map, u need server_exec. i posted two links below.

your code
public ChangeMap()
{
new maptochangeto[25]

remove_task()
server_cmd("amx_off")
server_cmd("amx_on")
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}

add server_exec()

public ChangeMap()
{
new maptochangeto[25]

remove_task()
server_cmd("amx_off")
server_cmd("amx_on")
server_exec()
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE
}
In my experience, server_exec() has never been needed. In fact, it crashes my test server. FYI.
Old 04-05-2012 , 05:57   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Well then I'll just take that back out... Lol.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2012 , 10:30   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #6

bump
Old 05-03-2012, 06:06
ghostofmybrain
This message has been deleted by ghostofmybrain.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2012 , 11:27   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylar
i suggest u follow his thread and see if he has fixed the issues that u are having.
Well, like I said in the original post, his pug was originally supposed to be privately coded specifically for my clan as payment for services. Instead of coding what I was requesting, he coded that pos with all those added features, and then pretended he had to upload it here because he didn't like how critical I was of his new plugin. That's why I can't really read his thread to figure out how to fix my errors. In between my version and his, he added about six large, stupid features, changed some syntax, moved stuff around, etc., so it's really difficult for an inexperienced person like me to be able to decide what exactly he did to fix those issues.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2012 , 18:29   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #8

Bumpity-bump McBumperson
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2012 , 21:02   Re: Need help with a large plugin
Reply With Quote #9

bump