Allows players to equip custom models. Let's not get Valve to shut this down, now, shall we?
Thanks to Damizean, this is basically his TF2 Equipment Manager plugin except with a model changer instead of a hat equipper.
Thanks to Sazpaimon for model conversion research.
Thanks to Pimpinjuice for reskin conversion research.
UPDATE 01/12/2012. SMX only.
- tf_models_admin - Only administrators can use the models.
- tf_models_admin_flags - Having one of these flags marks you as an administrator.
- tf_models_admin_override - Administrators can override the model restrictions.
- tf_models_announce - Announces usage and tips about equippable models.
- tf_models_announce_plugin - Announces information of the plugin when joining.
- tf_models_force_admins - Forces the default model for admin users.
- tf_models_force_users - Forces the default model for common users.
- tf_models_delayonspawn - Amount of time to wait to re-equip a model after spawn. Apparently for compatibility with old melee plugins
- tf_models_blocktriggers - Hides the chat (!mm) plugin triggers so they won't be spammed on the chat.
- tf_models_list - Change the config file used to make the item list. Useful if you want to have a different set of models for each map.
- tf_models - Shows the model management menu.
- equip - Shows the model management menu (Alias).
- mm - Shows the model management menu (Alias).
- em - Shows the model management menu (Alias).
- equipmodels - Shows the model management menu (Alias).
- tf_models_equip <target> <name> - Forces to equip a model onto a client. Don't need quotes around <name>, and it searches for a model in the list. Exact matches come first, then if more than one is found, it tells you what it found and asks for the command again.
- tf_models_remove <target> - Forces to remove a model on the client.
- tf_models_lock <target> <1/0> - Locks/unlocks the client's model so it can't be changed.
- tf_models_override <target> <1/0> - Enables restriction overriding for the client.
- tf_models_reload - Reparses the items file and rebuilds the model list.
Add items using the instructions in the TF2_ItemList.cfg file
- Unsupported for anything below SM 1.4
- You need to have the clientprefs extension for SourceMod (it's a stock SourceMod extension, if I remember correctly)
- Place TF2_ModelManager.smx in addons/sourcemod/plugins/
- Place TF2_ModelManager.phrases.txt in addons/sourcemod/translations/
- Place TF2_ItemList.cfg in addons/sourcemod/configs/TF2ModelManager/
- Once all of these are placed, either do 'sm plugins refresh' in console, change the map, or restart the server. Then, go to tf/cfg/sourcemod/TF2_ModelManager.cfg and change any cvars you want to change.
- If you're compiling yourself, you need exvel's colors.inc file. You'll also need the latest SM 1.4 tf2.inc and tf2_stocks.inc file.
- Ignore the tag mismatches when compiling, I have no idea :/
. You NEED to populate this config with models to have models. You can create more cfg files in the same folder with different names and change the tf_models_list cvar to those names, in order to change up the model list. Basically, multiple item lists, but TF2_ItemList.cfg is the default. The one provided comes with an example model.
READ ABOUT .dep FILES HERE. YOU NEED THESE FOR CUSTOM MODELS (models that aren't already in the game files. models/gman.mdl IS already in the game files, FYI)
*Fixed admin checks not working
*Allowed /mm, /em, /equip, /equipmodels, and /tf_models to be overridden in admin overrides.
*Changing class without respawning should now be accounted for in the plugin (will check on regen/locker touch)
*Accounted for Bootlegger not being a hat
*Changed up the way items are found when using tf_models_equip
*If an admin forces a client to equip a model, and the client has the override flag, the model equips as opposed to rejecting based on class/team/etc.
*Brought back the /em alias because I am so used to it.
(created by Rowedahelicon, ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT DISLIKE PONIES AND STUFF