Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!

Post New Thread Reply   

PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-27-2012 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #81

Hi el Psycho,

I am trying out ACS again on the versus and co-op servers, and overall it works as intended. One issue has arisen due to all of my servers having some custom maps/campaigns installed.

First, when playing a custom map, ACS does not display the vote option during the finale.

Second, when players exit the server after a custom map, the map change feature of ACS will not work and actually crashes the server. There is an Sourcemod error log that reports:

"<blank> is an invalid map name, unable to switch map"

Looking at the .sp, it appears that this error comes from the custom maps not having a properly defined name, which I cannot change since the maps are .vpk files. If the server is left on the custom map, players cannot connect from a lobby unless they chose the current custom map, and that blocks a lot of players from accessing the server.

Question: Can the code be edited to allow ACS to function properly on a custom map with a blank name? All I am hoping to do is have ACS allow voting at the end of a nameless custom map and then change to the winning map or, when the server is empty after a custom map, change to the default map as defined in "acs_autochangemap_fixedmap".

Any ideas on how can I make this work?

Thank you,

Patriot
el_psycho
Old 08-27-2012 , 20:54   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #82

I Don't think that can be done. How can you change to a map if you don't know its name?

Instead, configure ACS properly. Type the following in the server console to get a list of maps in your server:
Code:
maps *
The proper map names will be printed there.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-28-2012 , 18:56   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_psycho View Post
I Don't think that can be done. How can you change to a map if you don't know its name?

Instead, configure ACS properly. Type the following in the server console to get a list of maps in your server:
Code:
maps *
The proper map names will be printed there.
Hi el Psycho,

Thank you for the quick reply.

And thanks for the tip on "maps *" command, very helpful.

To be clear, I do not want to include custom maps in the rotation because any players who do not have that map will not be able to reconnect to the server after it switches from an official map. Custom maps are only used when players connect directly from a lobby.

Objectives:
1. Have ACS load only Official maps (i.e. c1m1_hotel as defined in acs_autochangemap_fixedmap) when the server is empty AND left on a custom map.
2. Have the !mapvote function work during the finale of a custom map but only offer Official maps as candidates.

Is it possible to add the proper names for all of the custom maps to the .sp to accomplish those objectives, but not have those custom maps included in the automated rotation or as candidates when voting?

Thank you for your help,

Patriot
el_psycho
Old 08-29-2012 , 02:11   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #84

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be adding such functionality. Doesn't the plugin kick everyone if the next campaign is NOT one of the stock campaigns? I added that in my last update.

I guess, to prevent custom maps from showing up in the vote menu you could delete them from the "campaign name" array (g_strCampaignName).
I dont know how well that would work, but you can give it a try and see. Don't delete them from the other arrays though.

I am releasing a new update to deal with a bug i encountered affecting the vote menu.

Last edited by el_psycho; 08-29-2012 at 02:15.
el_psycho
Old 08-29-2012 , 02:15   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #85

New version ACS v1.2.2-1.3e

New in this version:
- *BUG FIX*, Changed the way the plugin checks when a player spawned, from using the "player_spawn" event, to OnClientPostAdminCheck(). After the latest update to the server, "player_spawn" wasn't working for me anymore.
- Added a new CVAR to choose a difficulty to change to after the server has been empty for a set amount of time specified in the acs_autochangemap_time CVAR.

Add the following CVAR to your cfg file.
Code:
// The Difficulty to change back to after the server has been empty for the time specified. Leave empty to turn off. (values are Easy, Normal, Hard, Impossible)
// -
// Default: ""
acs_zdifficulty ""
As always, read the OP to learn how to configure this plugin, as well as the info in my previous release HERE.

EDIT:
Wrong version uploaded. FIXED.

EDIT 2: (sep/11/12)
Fixed a small mistake preventing acs_zdifficulty from working.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ACS_v1.2.2-1.3e.sp - 1235 views - 66.9 KB)

Last edited by el_psycho; 09-11-2012 at 18:02.
WhiteCat
Old 09-05-2012 , 11:26   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #86

Hi

I have used this plugin for a while and running right now with ACS v1.2.2-1.3e, but it's always the same problem with scavenge maps, when a round is over and it will change the map to the other people have voted for and the works fine, but when the map should start there is no gas can. Does not matter which map it is or if you choose best of 3 or 5.
This always happens, does anyone know why this is so? Does it happen all or just me?
I have no other plugins that can interfere.
Hope someone knows what the problem is, have tried to find it myself but failed.
el_psycho
Old 09-05-2012 , 11:39   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #87

That's strange. I would recommend you disable ALL other plugins except ACS and see if it still happens.
WhiteCat
Old 09-05-2012 , 11:43   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
That's strange. I would recommend you disable ALL other plugins except ACS and see if it still happens.
it's just that I have no other plugins.
It's so weird ...
el_psycho
Old 09-05-2012 , 11:48   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCat View Post
it's just that I have no other plugins.
It's so weird ...
can you post the output of
Code:
sm plugins list
and of
Code:
meta list
WhiteCat
Old 09-05-2012 , 12:12   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
can you post the output of
Code:
sm plugins list
Results:
[SM] Listing 18 plugins:
01 "Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS)" (v1.2.2-1.3e) by Chris Pringle, el_psycho
02 "Admin File Reader" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Help" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Admin Menu" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Anti-Flood" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Chat" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Comm Control" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Commands" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Basic Votes" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Client Preferences" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Fun Commands" (1.4.3-dev) by AlliedModders LLC