VAC Status Checker
VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) bans cheaters on an engine-specific basis. So if someone is banned by VAC on one engine, they can still connect to secure servers on another engine. For example, someone that is banned on CS 1.6 can play on CS:S servers until they are caught hacking there. Fortunately, each players VAC status is readily available on their Steam Community profile.
This plugin uses that information to take a desired action (kick, ban, or log). This way, server admins can decide to lock out anyone who has ever used hacks on any engine.
- Download vacbans-x.x.x.zip
- Extract to addons/sourcemod
// Action to take on VAC banned clients (0 = ban, 1 = kick, 2 = log to file)
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "2.000000"
// How long in days before re-checking the same client for VAC status
// Default: "30"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// The named database config to use for caching
// Default: "storage-local"
- sm_vacbans_reset - Clears the local SQLite database. Run from server console or client with sm_rcon access. Recommended when upgrading from previous versions due to SteamID to FriendID change.
- sm_vacbans_whitelist <add|remove|clear> [SteamID] - Run from the server console or client with sm_rcon access to control the whitelist:
- add <SteamID> - adds a SteamID for the plugin to ignore
- remove <SteamID> - removes a SteamID from the whitelist
- clear - removes all SteamIDs from the whitelist
- I cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the Steam Community website, from which this plugin gathers data.
- This will not compile with the web compiler due to the 3rd party extension, download the .zip containing the compiled .smx
- This works with SourceBans
- Data is logged to sourcemod/logs/vacbans.log
- voogru - finding the relationship between SteamIDs and friendIDs
- StrontiumDog - the fixed function that converts SteamIDs
- berni - the function that converts SteamIDs
- Sillium - German translation
- jack_wade - Spanish translation
- Tournevis_man - French translation
- OziOn - Danish translation
- danielsumi - Portuguese translation
- Archangel_Dm - Russian translation
- lhffan - Swedish translation
- ZuCChiNi - Turkish translation
- 1.0.0 - 11/24/2008
- 1.0.1 - 2/19/2009
- Changed file naming to avoid conflicts
- 1.1.0 - 2/23/2009
- Now uses DataPacks instead of files to store temporary data
- Added RegEx for scanning downloaded data
- Verifies client against original ID before taking action (in case another user joins the slot during checking)
- Now uses FriendID instead of SteamID as the database keys
- Various code organization improvements
- Added command to reset the local cache database
- 1.1.1 - 3/19/2009
- Fixed bans triggering before client is in-game
- Removed dependency on the regex extension
- Added logging to vacbans.log for all action settings
- Added Portuguese translations (danielsumi)
- 1.2.0 - 3/26/2009
- Added whitelist support
- Changed some messages to reflect the plugin name
- 1.2.1 - 4/13/2009
- Fixed conversion of long SteamIDs (StrontiumDog)
- Added Russian translations (Archangel_Dm)
- 1.3.0 - 5/25/2009
- Added support for other named database configs
- Added Swedish translations (lhffan)
- 1.3.1 - 7/18/2009
- Removed format from translations to fix odd error message
- 1.3.2 - 7/24/2009
- 1.3.3 - 2/09/2010
- Added filter for bots on client checks
- 1.3.4 - 9/04/2011
- Fixed some race conditions
- 1.3.5 - 3/27/2013
- Fixed bans firing too early
- 1.3.6 - 11/15/2013
- Fixed DataPack operation out of bounds errors