Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Can't use the keys "6" and "7" and my zps server won't show up on the internet list.

Post New Thread Reply   

Super relax
Old 09-18-2010 , 03:17   Can't use the keys "6" and "7" and my zps server won't show up on the internet list.
Reply With Quote #1

The title explains much. I have just started my own srcds server for Zombie Panic! Source with sourcemod. And I have two problems..

1. I can't use the keys "6" or "7" in the sourcemod in-game menu. Whatever it is, it just doesn't register the keystroke.
I can still use the functions which is "sm_burn" and "sm_beacon" if I type it in console, but it just won't register the keystroke if I use the in-game menu. I've tested it with map change aswell "6 - zpo_biotec" and "7 - zpo_keretti" won't work just because of the numbers.

2. My server won't show up on the internet list, but my friends can connect to it if I give them the IP.
I have tried turning off my firewall and enabling DMZ. My server.cfg file looks like this:
Code:
hostname "xxx"
rcon_password "xxx"
sv_usescustom 0
mp_friendlyfire 0
sv_alltalk 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_voiceenable 1
mp_timelimit 45
sv_timeout 200
sv_minrate 4000 
sv_maxrate 8000 
decalfrequency 60 
sv_maxupdaterate 60 
sv_minupdaterate 10 
sv_logbans 1 
sv_logecho 1 
sv_logfile 1 
sv_log_onefile 1
sv_lan 0
sv_region 3
exec banned_user.cfg 
exec banned_ip.cfg 
writeid
writeip
IP "my ip":27015
Malak101
Old 09-18-2010 , 07:25   Re: Can't use the keys "6" and "7" and my zps server won't show up on the internet li
Reply With Quote #2

Hey,

For your keys problem you need either manually bind them in the console or use the website compiler to compile this bit of code below and then add it into your SM plugins folder.

Code:
public OnClientPutInServer(client)

{
    ClientCommand(client, "bind 8 \"menuselect 8\"")
    ClientCommand(client, "bind 9 \"menuselect 9\"")
    ClientCommand(client, "bind 0 \"menuselect 10\"")
 }
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2010 , 10:32   Re: Can't use the keys "6" and "7" and my zps server won't show up on the internet li
Reply With Quote #3

Mess up clients button bindings isn't right ? slowhack or what was it ?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-18-2010 , 13:56   Re: Can't use the keys "6" and "7" and my zps server won't show up on the internet li
Reply With Quote #4

There's a big difference between binding someone's menu keys for them and slowhacking them (although asking permission first with a menu or something would be nice).

Two other sidenotes:
The next release of zps will have these already bound in the default config.
It was also finally have the client command restriction on by default so that you can no longer mess with a player's binds.