Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Release] Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin [Open Source]

Post New Thread Reply   

Fruchtzwerg
Old 07-06-2011 , 13:54   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #71

It's included in the download file.
Old 07-07-2011 , 19:14   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #72

Hi, here a version which works with hlbeta update. Credit for Rulzy.

Some notes :

- The way of memory patching is different and it would work only under a windows/linux dedicated server with the hlbeta update.
- Now all attempts are logged in a file named anti_dlfile.log in logs/ directory.
- If you think it doesn't work, check the message at server start, it will say if the patch has failed or not.
- The installation is the same as the first post of this thread.

EDIT : the hlbeta integrates a fix for that now, so my module is not needed anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip antidlfile-binaries.zip (78.2 KB, 4061 views)
File Type: zip antidlfile-source.zip (56.4 KB, 1882 views)

Last edited by Arkshine; 09-07-2011 at 11:31.
neoRT
Old 07-07-2011 , 19:38   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #73

thanks a lot, you're the man . it really works. it doesn`t crash anymore, but i can`t see the log file. it`s created after mapchange?
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-07-2011 , 19:56   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #74

No, once you have an attempt. It should be located in $moddir/logs/. I've tested and xPaw also, and it works fine. It would log only the attempt with dlfile command.
Old 07-08-2011 , 03:17   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #75

I understand.I didn`t test the dlfile command, i used cs death sploit. GJ
Fruchtzwerg
Old 07-08-2011 , 03:19   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #76

Just get the latest hlds beta update, it will cover this exploit. I was able to point Alfred to the right direction.
Old 07-08-2011 , 04:25   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #77

Valve released a new update. This isn't required anymore:

Code:
We have released a beta update for Half-Life 1 engine based games (Half-Life, Counter-Strike 1.6, Day of Defeat, etc). To grab this update run the hldsupdatetool with "-beta hlbeta" on the command line. This update continues on some exploit fixes we have already shipped within this beta. 

Changes: 
- Added sv_filetransfermaxsize cvar to limit the size of a file a server will try to send to a client, by default 10mbytes. 
- Prevented halflife.wad from being downloaded from a server (fixes server hang/stall). 

There is also a couple client side fixes, if you run your Steam client with "-beta hlbeta" on its command line and run Half-Life games you will have some fixes that prevent server redirection.
Old 07-08-2011 , 04:34   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLiriuM View Post
Valve released a new update. This isn't required anymore:

Code:
We have released a beta update for Half-Life 1 engine based games (Half-Life, Counter-Strike 1.6, Day of Defeat, etc). To grab this update run the hldsupdatetool with "-beta hlbeta" on the command line. This update continues on some exploit fixes we have already shipped within this beta. 

Changes: 
- Added sv_filetransfermaxsize cvar to limit the size of a file a server will try to send to a client, by default 10mbytes. 
- Prevented halflife.wad from being downloaded from a server (fixes server hang/stall). 

There is also a couple client side fixes, if you run your Steam client with "-beta hlbeta" on its command line and run Half-Life games you will have some fixes that prevent server redirection.
can you pls give me a direct link to steam forums to read more about this update?
DeLiriuM
Old 07-08-2011 , 04:38   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoRT View Post
can you pls give me a direct link to steam forums to read more about this update?
This isn't from the forums. And that's all they posted.
Old 07-08-2011 , 04:41   Re: [Release] CS 1.5 Anti "cmd dlfile" Plugin V1.4 [Open Source]
Reply With Quote #80

Damn, I've wasted my time. grrr.

EDIT : I've tested and indeed, it blocks well dlfile with halflife.wad and others. But the maps you still can download them and it generates a lag or hang if you flood with that. So I guess the module can be useful. :p

Last edited by Arkshine; 07-08-2011 at 04:45.