Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch

Post New Thread Reply   

Mrcolin
Old 02-14-2010 , 10:23   [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #1

Little Introduction :
Hi there , I was thinking last night about a playable (controlable) witch.
As this is impossible because she is a common infected I started thinking how I could establish this, I am Not a sourcepawn scripter so I cant make it myself but I like to share my idea to the community of the Modders who can do impossible things with sourcemod

The idea :
As The witch is a common infected you cant control her.
So to establish this it involves some modding on several points
I try to make my images so clear as possible to you

What we need :
- A damn good Scripter/Modder
-The witch model : Bugzee Made a plugin who can place models on people so this is possible
-With the build-in basecommands we can freeze players , This would be used on the player to they cant move until they are shot by a survivor (Not hitted by a infected)
-A sort of Mod which changes a special infected class for a certain amout of time (and maybe blocks the spawn of the same special infected class)

How its going to work :
1.) The plugin checks if there is a witch (If not possible goto 3)
2.) The plugins Kills the witch and respawns the player on the witch location) (If not possible goto 3)
3.) The Plugin Disables Witches when the infected team has more then 1 player
4.) After a certain amount of time in (normal) common levels it spawns the player in a frozen state on a location (We can use the tank spawn mechanism)
5.) As the player is spawned in a frozen state with the spitter class (Why spitter class ? -> As the witch model can be placed on the spitter model, it changes the model , not the FPS view that the player sees , so the spitter has the "Spitter" Claws , so It kind of looks the same to the witch claws)
6.) The plugin Disables the spit function ,or blocks primary attack or hooks it to the modded charger function -> see (8.)

+.) At this point the player is spawned in a frozen state in a witch model with a spitter class who cant spit,

7.) If a survivor shoots the witch the plugin unfreezes the player and plays the witch sounds
8.) the player can run arround (spitter speed) but if he presses the Primary attack button the plugin executes the charger attack , so the witch can charge (like the common witch does) if it hits the player with the modded charger attack it will incapitate the survivor , just like the normal witch does
9.) the player can also do secondary attack (the normal spitter attack) or a modded , tuned up spitter claw attack (more damage)
10.) The player can only charge 1 time (in a certain amount of time)
11.) The player will have a big health bonus , (If we cant spawn spitters with 1000 HP we can make a script that counts the damage and heals the player again -> Ex: Spitter had 100hp -> player takes damage -> Spitter hp = 50 -> plugin registers it and starts little calculation -> 1000 - 50 = 950 and executes the heal process , and so on until all 1000Hp is gone ! -> Important Notice here ! If we spawn a 1000 HP spitter you wont be able to kill it with a one shot hit (like you can with headshotting the witch with a shotgun) so if it has 100HP you will be able to kill it (witch hunting style)

12.) Witch is dead , and we have a playable witch

The whole plan

Please Comment ! Share your Idea's !

Sorry For Spelling/Language Mistakes

Update :
I found someone who is working on it DieTeetasse [Click Here]

Last edited by Mrcolin; 02-23-2010 at 10:52. Reason: <3 DieTeetasse
dani1341
BANNED
Old 02-14-2010 , 10:45   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #2

Cool idea i hope you can make it because it will be so cool that the witch will be playable
Mrcolin
Old 02-14-2010 , 10:49   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani1341 View Post
Cool idea i hope you can make it because it will be so cool that the witch will be playable
I cant script If I could I would make this
So I am sharing it with others
Cuthbert
Old 02-14-2010 , 12:21   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #4

That was a very spirited post, hope it pays off! And yeah it'd be cool for the witch to be playable.
Luke Penny
Old 02-14-2010 , 16:24   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #5

Sounds like a good idea, detailed information on how it could be done also. However, I don't think you can give charge to a spitter, so most likely a charger would have to be spawned with model changed if you want charge special ability. Or you could simply set the spitters/chargers speed very high and increase the mouse2 damage. Very good idea.
Old 02-14-2010 , 16:30   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #6

I like the picture of the witch + spitter
Old 02-22-2010 , 07:15   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #7

Bump for creative Scripters !
DieTeetasse
Old 02-22-2010 , 14:50   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #8

I am working on it...

This is what i got so far:
- a witch is spawning: a player as a tank (unshovable) is spawned in ghost mode, get the spitter model, teleported to the witch and is not capable to move
- the witch is shot: the witch will despawn and the player will be spawned, able to run around and to scratch (instant incap)
- after scratch the witch player cant move anymore

Not working:
- shredding of the incap one

Need:
- SDKHooks 1.3
- L4D2 Infected Spawn API 1.3
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_playwitch.sp - 356 views - 9.9 KB)

Last edited by DieTeetasse; 02-22-2010 at 17:55.
Mrcolin
Old 02-23-2010 , 10:45   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #9

wow ! thx man ! If you need my servers to test it on (versus,campaign,...) contact me,ill give you all you need !
EHG
Old 02-23-2010 , 13:07   Re: [L4D2] Concept/Idea - Playable Witch
Reply With Quote #10

I have been pondering about this for a while now. And I think I have come up with a usable concept on how to easily use a real witch to control. This would be accomplished by spawning an invisible survivor bot directly in front of where the player is looking. The witch would be locked in place if the player is not pressing forward. No doubt there is a netprop to set the witches target to be the bot survivor.
And to control the claw attack you could move the invisible bot closer and further away depending on if the player is pressing attack. If the bot is close the witch will start clawing. Otherwise she will run towards it.

As for taking control of the witch how about a thirdperson camera view on the witch until she is startled. If I am not mistaken there is an event that fires upon startling a witch.

Last edited by EHG; 02-24-2010 at 10:40.