Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ]$ Native language chat channels

Post New Thread Reply   

MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2010 , 12:23   [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #1

Can someone code a plugin that will give the connecting client a choice to choose a voice channel in their own native tongue ?

The plugin should present a menu to the client upon entering the server that they can choose for using voice chat in their own native language. If the client does not make a choice, then they are in the default channel with everyone else.

These languages should be supported by default.

Korean
Chinese
Spanish
Portuguese
Russian
German
French
Japanese

Say you happen to speak french, you would then simply join the french channel and only people in that channel who speak french can hear or talk while in that channel.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 06-11-2011 at 22:21. Reason: updated feature requests
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2011 , 22:22   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #2

I think I have waited long enough to bump this..
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 00:17   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #3

Voice channel? What voice channel?
Old 06-12-2011 , 00:30   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Voice channel? What voice channel?
Different channels based on the individuals language.

ZOR created a plugin called "dod squad talk"

Quote:
Zor
Yes you could change it to like English Channel, French Channel, Deutch, bla bla bla...I can also have a special command that an admin can contact all people
http://www.dodplugins.net/forums/sho...ighlight=squad

I am asking if someone can code one from scratch, because he has not added these features to his plugin.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 01:00   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #5

Well, why didn't you say that before? . I will look at it but no guarantees.

P.S. I don't know how many people will wait 30 minutes to download all those MP3s you have on your DOD server. I ended up creating a bunch of null mp3 files just to get in (not a big deal for me because I've been making null sound files for years now to get rid of all that crap that I don't want to hear that server's make me download; could be a big deal for newer players because they will just find somewhere else to play). Just a thought.

Last edited by fysiks; 06-12-2011 at 01:07.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 01:32   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Well, why didn't you say that before? . I will look at it but no guarantees.

P.S. I don't know how many people will wait 30 minutes to download all those MP3s you have on your DOD server.

I have about 15 files that a client needs to download in order to play on my server and everything is on high speed download. What are you on dial up or something.

I've never really liked you're attitude here Fysiks. You're a rude person and I don't like rude people.
If its a tongue and cheek type of thing, then you need to lose it, because its not funny.
I can point out at least 20 posts on this web site where you act really short sided to others who are just trying to get information about something.

Don't even bother with my request for this plugin

If someone else wants to try to code it, then I would be appreciate it and paypal them whatever they think it's worth.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 06-12-2011 at 01:35.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 02:05   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
I have about 15 files that a client needs to download in order to play on my server and everything is on high speed download. What are you on dial up or something.
No. I'm on DSL. My comment on this wasn't an insult, just an opinion although, some might think otherwise. EDIT: Seems to be working now. Before, I was getting 6 minute downloads per mp3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
I've never really liked you're attitude here Fysiks. You're a rude person and I don't like rude people.
If its a tongue and cheek type of thing, then you need to lose it, because its not funny.
I can point out at least 20 posts on this web site where you act really short sided to others who are just trying to get information about something.

Don't even bother with my request for this plugin

If someone else wants to try to code it, then I would be appreciate it and paypal them whatever they think it's worth.
I can be rude sometimes, many times it's supposed to be sarcasm which doesn't come across well in plain text, also somedays I just get annoyed easily. I generally like to help though.

Last edited by fysiks; 06-12-2011 at 02:45.
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 05:44   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #8

After 15 years on the net and 46 years of living, I pride myself on trying to accurately interpret what someone is attempting to convey to me, and if I cannot, then I ask for clarification, so I don't misinterpret it and end up saying the wrong thing.

On a completely unrelated subject that I have seen you post the wrong answer for in at least 4 different threads, YES the graffix banner that clients see when they connect to a server still does work. ;)
Shadymn
Old 06-12-2011 , 07:17   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #9

COOL idea dude
nikhilgupta345
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2011 , 12:19   Re: [REQ]$ Native language chat channels
Reply With Quote #10

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=159055
If you like my work, please
Send a message via ICQ to nikhilgupta345 Send a message via Yahoo to nikhilgupta345