Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

tentative
Old 12-02-2009 , 06:55   I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Hello,

My knowledge of AMXX is very limited, but i've always known enough to be able to install some plugins on my (cs1.6) server, configure them correctly, etc. Just enough to get me by.

I want it to snow on my server. I cannot for the life of me figure out how. I believe this (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=358960) is what I want, but I just cannot get it working.

If I use the AMXX file in that topic, I get a bad load and it doesn't work.

I have read that I need to include the ojos.inc in my scripting/include folder when compiling the plugin. I put ojos.inc in my scripting/include folder, open the sma file and compile it (creating a new amxx file) which also gives me a bad load when I try to use it.

The whole concept of includes and compiling plugins manually is a little too advanced for me, so im sure im just doing something wrong.

Im fully aware that im going to come across as a useless noob, but I just really want to get this working. Can anyone give me some tips or an explanation of anything obvious that im doing wrong?

Or alternatively, if theres a better way to get a snowy server, I am all ears.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.
Old 12-02-2009 , 08:18   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Code:
    #include <amxmodx>     #include <engine>         public plugin_precache()     {         create_entity( "env_snow" );     }         public plugin_init()     {         register_plugin( "Snow", "1.0", "Amxx Comunity" );     }
Old 12-02-2009 , 08:30   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Hi Arkshine,

I'm at work right now so I can't test that out - but if it really is as simple as that, Im going to feel really stupid for being stuck for the last 2 days!

Thanks for your help

Edit:
Also, thanks to Hawk552! Very much appreciated Im feeling festive already.
I guess the reason I couldn't find anything in my searches was purely because it was so simple.

Last edited by tentative; 12-02-2009 at 08:32.
SnoW
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2009 , 09:24   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

If you have anything more related to SnoW you need help with, let me know. Btw, thanks Hawk works like a charm.
Send a message via MSN to SnoW
KadiR
Unnecessary Member
Old 12-02-2009 , 12:31   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

OneEyed plugin works perfectly...
tentative
Old 12-02-2009 , 12:35   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Hello,

My knowledge of AMXX isn't great, but looking at the source you have posted, Hawk552, it appears to just write "quit" into server.cfg
Old 12-02-2009 , 12:36   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

He is just a fu**er...
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 12-02-2009 , 12:38   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

No, that just makes sure that anyone who doesn't have the snow sprite gets kicked out smoothly as opposed to having their game completely crash.
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-02-2009 , 12:38   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentative View Post
Hello,

My knowledge of AMXX isn't great, but looking at the source you have posted, Hawk552, it appears to just write "quit" into server.cfg
No, Hawk's plugins works great. I'm running it right now and I see snow

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
tentative
Old 12-02-2009 , 12:40   Re: I feel like a failure. Please help me, clever people!

Hello,

According to the amxmodx documentation, the function "write_file" writes a line into a file.

Therefore, the line:
write_file( "server.cfg", "quit" )

Will write "quit" into the server config. Correct me if I am wrong