Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)

Post New Thread Reply   

bubba_
Old 09-24-2009 , 22:05   Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #1

i do not know a whole lot about this stuff, but could some1 steer me in the right direction to resolve this issue? when trying to load a plugin, this is the message i get in server logs:

Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)

now im sure this is an easy fix to most of ya'll, so as your picking yourself up off the floor after laughing out of your chair, could you please give me some info for a fix?

DoD:s
linux server

thanks for your time.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2009 , 18:03   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #2

What plugin? What version of SM are you running?

It sounds like you have a bad copy of SM, or of the plugin.
Old 09-25-2009 , 18:39   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #3

The plugin sounds corrupted. If you used FTP, make sure the transfer was binary, not ASCII.
Old 09-25-2009 , 23:04   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #4

the plugin(s) are b52f_realism (medic only) and b52f_weapons (pistols/nades for all). these plugins are from a friends server, which of course they work there.

i tried to recompile (as i was told), but i get this message: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64bit OS.

sourcemod version 1.2.3

Last edited by bubba_; 09-25-2009 at 23:22.
bubba_
Old 09-25-2009 , 23:13   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
The plugin sounds corrupted. If you used FTP, make sure the transfer was binary, not ASCII.

i have absolutely no clue as to what that means. to be honest with you, i have as much experience with this stuff, as a nun does in a whorehouse!

the plugins are made by a friend, which work properly on their server. they are a medic (b52f_realism), and a pistols/nades (b52f_weapons). i did upload them through FTP, but thats all i can tell you. the binary, and ASCII may as well be german or french. not being a smart ass, im just being honest with ya. i do appreciate everything you're tryin to help me to fix it, i just dont understand it.

thank you for your time. and thank you for your response.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2009 , 01:35   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba_ View Post
the plugin(s) are b52f_realism (medic only) and b52f_weapons (pistols/nades for all). these plugins are from a friends server, which of course they work there.

i tried to recompile (as i was told), but i get this message: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64bit OS.

sourcemod version 1.2.3
My guess is you can't compile on 64bit operating systems.

Binary and ASCII are two methods to transfer files over FTP. One is used for text files, and the other for binary files (like plugins). Your FTP should have an option to transfer files in binary or ASCII mode (most FTP clients also have an auto mode as well).
Old 09-26-2009 , 02:19   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #7

You can run spcomp on 64-bit operating systems. I'm not sure what error message you were seeing.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 09-26-2009 at 16:26.
bubba_
Old 09-26-2009 , 12:26   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon0 View Post
My guess is you can't compile on 64bit operating systems.

yes, that is the message i get.
bubba_
Old 09-26-2009 , 22:00   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #9

all is good now. everything works! had some1 else recompile pugins on their system and install. thanks for the help and replys.
McDonalds
Old 12-02-2009 , 11:56   Re: Load error: Unable to load plugin (error 2: Decompressor was not found)
Reply With Quote #10

I am having this problem now. I think it might be when I accidentally opened the plugin in Notepad and make all files with .smx attached to Notepad. Could that be the problem? If so, how do I fix that?