Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Various weapon speeds

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff       
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 16:41   Various weapon speeds
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all! This is my first plugin, so please point out any errors if you find any!
Code:
/*
*   Name: Various Weapon Speeds
*   Version: 1.03
*   Author:      v3x (www.clanlock.com)
*   Date:      Feb. 18, 2004
*   Description:   Allows you to adjust the speed with these weapons/items: knife, c4, awp
*   Cvars:
*         knife_speed      Default 410
*         c4_speed          Default 410
*         awp_speed       Default 320
*         speed_glow      Default 1
*   Updates:
*   V1.03 
*    - Added cvar: speed_glow <1:on|0:off>
*    - Fixed a LOT of things
*    - .0 is no longer needed in cvars
*   V1.02 
*    - Added glow when knife is out (team color based)
*    - Changed cvars
*   V1.01
*    - Updated with switch statements
*   To do:
*    - Fix freezetime bug
*/

#include <amxmodx>
#include <cstrike>
#include <fun>
Thanks to all that helped me .

NOTE: You are better off with mp_freezetime set to 0 until I fix the bug.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (speeds.sma - 6578 views - 2.8 KB)
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
genesis
Old 02-18-2005 , 16:58  
Reply With Quote #2

this has to be quite possibly thee' worst plugin i have ever seen, well I suspect it has more to do with the amount of speed you set, on a different note, while trying to have a knife fight on your server your players gang bang others while knifing, they say use knife then its 3v1 and im the one???
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:04   Re: Various weapon speeds
Reply With Quote #3

I didn't ask for any negative comments..As I said in my post, this is my first plugin.

If you don't like the idea, then don't use it.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
genesis
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:15  
Reply With Quote #4

I'm trying to alert you that, changing the players maxspeed DRASTICALLY changes gameplay, so tweak it with care, I wouldn't recommend anything past 325, I mean while your at it can you make the awp more powerfull, or the m4 more precise, or the ump slower.

Negative comments are inheirent with any PUBLIC work.
NiGHTFiRE
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:21  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis
I'm trying to alert you that, changing the players maxspeed DRASTICALLY changes gameplay, so tweak it with care, I wouldn't recommend anything past 325, I mean while your at it can you make the awp more powerfull, or the m4 more precise, or the ump slower.

Negative comments are inheirent with any PUBLIC work.
Just to alert you so is the DEFAULT speed 320 and 5 more isn't very much. You can change the speed yourself if you want then. It's not very nice to say that it's the worst plugin you have seen. Let's say you make your first plugin then just some person comes and says that this plugin sucks. I suggest that you say sorry for that. Like he said, this is his first plugin. Give him a brake.

@v3x This is a good job for your first plugin. I like it, but gensis has litttle right. I woudn't have it as 475, i would have it on 410 to start with.
Send a message via AIM to NiGHTFiRE Send a message via MSN to NiGHTFiRE
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:23  
Reply With Quote #6

Bro, I don't care about your personal opinion...my clan mate suggested it to me, so I made it.

When you switch back to the other weapons, it will change your speed back to default.

Enough said..

--

Thanks, NiGHTFiRE... I'll do that.

NiGHTFiRE
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:27  
Reply With Quote #7

No problem, like i said before, GJ. This is your first plugin and it's nice done by some one that just started.
What I like about this plugin is basically that I don't think anyone won't be fine with increased speeds. More speed = Intenser Rounds, More Killz, Tougher Knife Fights and Faster Movements.
genesis
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:30  
Reply With Quote #8

nightfire maybe if you were in his server and saw the complete pandamonium[sic], you'de understand but actually on my server knife does have a speed of 325 and its perfect. 5 is a lot in cs motion terms. I will reterm it though anything under 350 should be fine.

v3x I know you don't care about others' opinions, and thats ok, be servers are basically a popularity contest, so I hope you go far you ruthless dictator.
NiGHTFiRE
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:33  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
What I like about this plugin is basically that I don't think anyone won't be fine with increased speeds. More speed = Intenser Rounds, More Killz, Tougher Knife Fights and Faster Movements.
That's the fun about it! Every thing goes so fast so no one can camp! userstand now?
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2005 , 17:38  
Reply With Quote #10

Also, if you are running with a knife or C4, you are a lot more vulnerable than if you were holding an M4 (so to say). If you don't like one of the speeds, just set it to default. You can bitch/spam all you want, it doesn't affect me one bit .