Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (1.3.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Frus
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Adds several improvements to competitive L4D
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Bugs in plugin left unfixed for months.
    Old 08-14-2009 , 22:06   [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (1.3.2)
    Reply With Quote #1

I created this plugin as a competitive L4D player, and being frustrated that most competitive teams are easily able to walk out of a level with 170-180 health bonuses quite easily, bar lucky early tank spawns on certain levels.

I designed this plugin to increase the difference in score at the end of a level, and to more accurately reflect what team is beating the other, while trying to maintain the same gameplay L4D already has.

If you need help installing this plugin for the PTV tournament please refer to this post.

Features
    • Replace all Medkits with Pills - This will remove all medkits in the game, including safehouse, nm3 ambulance, and finale kits, and replace them with pills.
    • Add 4 kits in finale- This will make sure there are 4 medkits by the finale button.
    • Disable Autoshotguns and Rifles - Replaces Autoshotguns with Pump Shotguns, and Rifles with Uzis
    • Enable Autoshotguns and Rifles in Finales - Allows you to control how many AS/AR spawn in finales.
    • Stop Rushing/"Pre-Mollying" AI Tanks - The AI tank is frozen in place before a player gets control, And after 2 seconds of control, you will be extinguished and given full health. Giving you 2 seconds to run out of a pre-molly.
    • Adds pausing to L4D - Hate it when a player disconnects or otherwise the game is unexpectedly stopped mid game? Now if both teams agree, the game can be paused until they are ready to play again. This is as close I can get to stopping all activity during the pause, but it could be exploited still by a "convenient pause" so both teams must agree.
    CVARS
    • l4d_comp_version (1.3.2) - The plugin version
    • l4d_comp_enable (0) - Globally Enable/Disable the plugin
    • l4d_kit_disable (1) - Enable/Disable converting all kits to pills
    • l4d_finale_kit_enable (1) - Enable/Disable making sure 4 kits are present in the finale
    • l4d_finale_tier2_enable (3) - 0: No tier 2 in finale; 1: All tier 2 spawns in finale; 2: Survivors get 1 Autoshotgun and 1 Rifle; 3: Survivors get 1 AS and AR in safe room, and another AS and AR at finale button.
    • l4d_tier2_disable (1) - Enable/Disable converting autoshotguns and rifles to their tier 1 equivalents
    • l4d_tankfix (1) - Enable/Disable the tweaks to prevent rushing AI tanks.
    • l4d_dupepillfix (1) - Enable/Disable trying to delete duplicate pills
    • l4d_tankcontrolfix (1) - Enable/Disable showing tanks their control in a hint box if they lost their rage meter
    • l4d_pauseenabled (1) - Enable/Disable allowing players to pause the game
    Commands
    • sm_fpause (type !fpause in chat) - Requests a pause for the game. The other team must agree by typing !fpause as well. (NOTE: !pause(sm_pause) is used by Downtown1's Ready Up Plugin, so I opted to use !fpause)
    • sm_funpause (type !funpause in chat) - Unpauses the game, as long as you are on a valid team it will instantly unpause the game. Can also be used to cancel your team's pending request to pause.
    • sm_forcepause (type !forcepause in chat) - Admin command to force toggling pausing. Requires ban permissions.
    Known Bugs/Issues
    • Survivor bots prefer tier 2. This means all bots will pick up hunting rifles, since there is only tier 1 and hunting rifles available.
    Shoutouts
    • Downtown1 - For inadvertently getting me interested in coding a plugin, and answering my questions. Also, the code to stop the director is from his plugin, for which he credited Liam.
    • Blight Gaming L4D - My L4D team for their help trying to improve L4D, and making it a competitive game. And putting up with arbitrary bug testing.
    • Vyxx - For creating ASCII art and a config for this plugin.
    • AtomicStryker - The idea to detect survivor's distance to crescendo events was from his Survivor AI fixes plugin.
    • depraved and Xanath - A very special shoutout to the biggest fans of the plugin, and really helping to get the plugin out there and used. It wouldn't have been as popular as it is without you.
    • Jerkstore - He will always be known for his personality in the L4D community. And for his relationship with the witch.
    • Pwnage TV - For being the first tournament to use my plugin, and help make it the new standard of comp l4d.
    I hope to continually improve on this plugin, and would like to know other improvements that you think could be made to Competitive L4D.

This plugin is being used in PTV's current L4D tournament, and other future tournaments are considering it.

This plugin is designed to be used in conjunction with a competitive config, and in order to be loaded on the most popular configs.

Notes on casual version:
    Current Version: 1.3.2-casual

This version is designed for server owners that plan to have the plugin enabled and active all the time. Generally because it is a public server or some other server that an admin will not be on all the time, and the plugin has to run without an admin execing a config or restarting the map.

Specific changes:
    • l4d_comp_enable defaults to 1
    • Automatically disables the plugin if the server is in co-op mode
    • Adds CVAR l4d_comp_casual_enablereset (defaults to 1) which will automatically enable the plugin when mp_gamemode is versus.
    • The above CVAR will also change the pill conversion cvars, and may conflict if you try to run CEVO config on a co-op server

Updates:

1.3.2 - Fixed a typo.
    1.3.1 - Reworked Infected 'spawn time' allocation to prevent rare bugs where the wrong person got a 'spawn time'.
    1.3.0 - Removed the need to put a timer on converting kits, which resulted in a cosmetic bug
    - Tweaked ghost spawn time calculation for after the game is paused. Any feedback is appreciated.
    - Re-added support to disable the 4 finale kits.
    - Now uses the proper cvar to disable the director converting pills, which was an issue if you did not use a cfg with this plugin.
    1.2.3 - Fixed weapon pickups while paused to work as they did before CC DLC.
    - Added CC1's Howitzer crescendo to the places where you can not pause.
    1.2.2b - Hotfix to have l4d_comp_enable default to 0 again.
    1.2.2 - Fixed Kits not appearing in finale because of Crash Course DLC
    - Fixed Tier 2 not removing in finales because of CC
    - Fixed Tier 2 not removing in the CC map
    - Removes the tank control hintbox when the tank is lit again.
    - Medkits now spawn correctly in finales without having to pick up pills first
    1.2.1 - Removed that NM3 ambulance kit for good.
    1.2.0 -Added unpause countdown timer.
    1.1.3 - Quick fix to stop dropping weapons if there are too many on the ground already.
    1.1.2 - Added a dropweapon function to the plugin, allowing me to completely avoid deleting weapons picked up in pausemode
    - Also allowed me to fix a problem with finale tier 2, where you were able to delete one of your limited tier 2 weapons by doing a specific sequence of picking weapons up.
    1.1.1 - Fixed having to delete the majority of items survivors pick up in pause mode
    - Added enabling tier 2 for finale using l4d_finale_tier2_enable
    - Fixed a cosmetic bug
    - Removed NM3 ambulance kit again
    - Fixed some coding errors
    1.1.0 - Vastly improved pause functionality.
    - Found a way to fix the duplicate pill glitch, and implemented it.
    - Changed the way tier 2 is removed to remove some cosmetic bugs.
    - added admin sm_forcepause command.
    1.0.0 -Added pause functionality
    - Fixed bug causing the AI tank to freeze for 5 seconds when a player passed to it
    - Added tank control in a hint box for the tank if he lost his real control meter due to a pre-molly
    - Attempted to fix valve's bug that causes duplicate medkits(pills) to spawn in the safe room
    0.2.1 - Fixed bug that caused tanks to be extinguished at unintended times.
    0.2.0 - Fixed bug that caused incompatibilities with Downtown1's ready up mod because of 0.1.2.
    - Removed comp_ffannounce to make it it's own plugin.
    0.1.2 - Fixed bug that caused tier 2 to spawn under certain circumstances
    0.1.1 - Changed cvar and plugin names to be more user friendly
    0.1.0 - Initial Release
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dcomp.sp - 5992 views - 68.2 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dcomp-casual.sp - 3895 views - 69.8 KB)

Last edited by Frus; 10-13-2009 at 23:28. Reason: 1.3.2
    Downtown1
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-15-2009 , 13:09   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #2

I like the sound of this!
    Whosat
    Old 08-15-2009 , 13:23   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #3

I think you can make the compplugin_ffannounce feature a seperate plugin, I'll most definitely get that if you made one.

The plugin sounds good for matches!
    Old 08-15-2009 , 13:31   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
    I think you can make the compplugin_ffannounce feature a seperate plugin, I'll most definitely get that if you made one.

The plugin sounds good for matches!
    I was considering that, but with so many friendly fire plugins (mind you I am not aware of any that announces total damage immediatly after like mine), I do not think it would get much notice by itself.
    Edhmelus
    Old 08-15-2009 , 17:43   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #5

Disabling the M6 and replacing with an UZI and he auto with a pumpshotgun is unfair.

The survivors have to scale somewhere with strenght or IT IS BORING.

Sorry. Do not approve this imo. Cute idea but ... Not really.

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
    Whosat
    Old 08-15-2009 , 22:43   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frus View Post
    I was considering that, but with so many friendly fire plugins (mind you I am not aware of any that announces total damage immediatly after like mine), I do not think it would get much notice by itself.
    Yeah precisely. We need that
    Old 08-16-2009 , 15:51   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
    Yeah precisely. We need that
    I just split up the plugins, you can find the FF plugin here:
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=902507
    n0limit
    Old 08-16-2009 , 16:30   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
    Disabling the M6 and replacing with an UZI and he auto with a pumpshotgun is unfair.

The survivors have to scale somewhere with strenght or IT IS BORING.

Sorry. Do not approve this imo. Cute idea but ... Not really.
    As Frustian said, some teams enter the safe room with 170-190 hb with cevo now. There are teams that are already strong enough on survivor. This plugin is designed to make it more competitive. Tanks are scarier on tier 1. Rounds are harder with no medkits. Tanks are more fun to play when they're not pre-lit. If it's not for you, then ignore it, but having a flippant attitude about a pretty cool plugin is disrespectful.

I think a lot of competitive l4d players have wanted something like this, and I'm glad to see it realized. One minor nitpick,
    Quote:
    SetEntityHealth(client, 6000);
    Some servers run modified tank health, it'd probably be better to retrieve that from the con-var.
    Otherwise, this looks like a cool plugin and I hope it receives adoption by some servers.
    RoyBatty
    Old 08-16-2009 , 16:46   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
    Reply With Quote #9

Have you checked it on the DA finale? Where sometimes the tank will spawn in the fire pit?
    Frus
    Old 08-16-2009 , 16:55   Re: [L4D] Frustian's Competitive L4D Plugin (0.2.0)
    Reply With Quote #10

Thanks nolimit, I'll add that in the next update.

And roy, it should extinguish any fire, whether from a molly or environmental such as fire barrel or the fire pit.

I have no way to reliably run into such a spawn though, so if it doesn't work I'd love to know.