Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)

Post New Thread Reply   

realwx
Old 05-17-2014 , 18:58   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #221

It's still not applying attributes on any of the two FF2 servers I'm on sadly.

edit: Working. I forgot to restart the server. Oops.

Last edited by realwx; 05-18-2014 at 14:35.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2014 , 19:35   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies.net View Post
Tried it out a bit, the signature for "CAttributeList:estroyAllAttributes" wasn't correct and caused a crash when called, tried playing a bit around with the TF2 Attributes Example plugin, and from what I tried, TF2Attrib_RemoveAll was the only one not working, causing a crash - so here's the gamedata with the corrected signature.

If you have some crashes caused by this still (or something that just doesn't work), please try to figure out which native is the culprit, since it'll make it easier to pin down the signature in question.
CEconItemSchema::GetAttributeDefinitionByName is different between the two, is that one of the sigs you updated?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2014 , 01:28   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #223

The modified file presented by Cookies.net on post #220 seems to be working fine on my server.

Thanks!
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2014 , 02:35   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #224

Thanks Cookies. There's some wildcarding I might do so that future updates don't need gamedata updates, but thanks for the help!
I've been going through some sudden life stuff these past few days (nothing particularly horrendous, just time-consuming) so I haven't had a chance to do anything, but since it's now summer, I should have time to check and release the latest TF2Attributes update, which'll allow you to see the static attributes on an item, as well as the item-server attributes (strange kill counts, etc).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Cookies.net
Old 05-18-2014 , 02:57   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
CEconItemSchema::GetAttributeDefinitionByName is different between the two, is that one of the sigs you updated?
Voided took mine and shortened 2 of the signatures (removed 1 byte from CEconItemSchema::GetAttributeDefinition and 6 bytes from the one you mentioned), never bothered to to replaced my local copy when I saw it was just that. Would like to know why he felt it was necessary to shorten those 2, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Thanks Cookies. There's some wildcarding I might do so that future updates don't need gamedata updates, but thanks for the help!
No problem, it's the first time I've been finding signatures, no prior experience, so not exactly sure what to wildcard.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2014 , 11:18   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies.net View Post
Would like to know why he felt it was necessary to shorten those 2, though.
It was the shortest unique signature. I don't manually do these, I have IDA scripts which automate the searching and wildcarding.
Old 05-21-2014 , 01:27   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #227

I cannot seem to prevent my changes from sticking to other classes/weapons, I tried TF2Attrib_ClearCache with just the entity I am editing, m_hOwnerEntity and even both but the changes just keep sticking.

Code:
case 132, 266, 482, 1082:  // Eyelander and skins
{
  TF2Attrib_SetByName(iClient, "max health additive penalty", -50.0);
  //TF2Attrib_ClearCache(iEntity); // first attempt
  TF2Attrib_ClearCache(GetEntPropEnt(iEntity, Prop_Send, "m_hOwnerEntity")) // second attempt
}
Does any of you have an idea or way on how to prevent this issue from happening?
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2014 , 01:30   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #228

You seem to be setting max health additive penalty on the client, there, instead of the weapon...on clients, attributes will permanently be attached, even past disconnects, until you remove them.

The Eyelander already has that attribute, though, so if you use that instead of max health additive penalty on the weapon itself, it will be overwritten rather than stack.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-21-2014 , 10:10   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
You seem to be setting max health additive penalty on the client, there, instead of the weapon...on clients, attributes will permanently be attached, even past disconnects, until you remove them.

The Eyelander already has that attribute, though, so if you use that instead of max health additive penalty on the weapon itself, it will be overwritten rather than stack.
Oh yeah, I see, thanks for noting me on that.

About the second note, my intended use of SetByName was to further decrease the health penalty the Eyelander and its skins give.
ygor.almeida
Old 05-21-2014 , 17:57   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.1.1, 08/27/2013)
Reply With Quote #230

My tf2attributes no longer works on servers with Windows after this last update, any tips or fix for this?