Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2011 , 13:32   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #11

New version!

Version 1.1
-Fixed a possible crash with precache models
-Minor code changes

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2011 , 19:39   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #12

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I'm still having pbs with loading models on mapchange because I want to use it with mapscfg so that it is enabled only on soccer maps.

Maybe there's a conflict with another plugin, or maybe plugin needs to be enabled on server start because when I enable it only for ka_maps, sometimes models won't load and I get the "error" skin.

Anyway otherwise plugin works fine.

++

EDIT: I tried everything but models won't load at map change. I am using mapscfg that can be found here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=543922
I set my configs this way:
In sourcemod.cfg: sm_soccermod_enable "0"
In ka_.cfg (using mapscfg): sm_soccermod_enable "1"
But I guess the value should be set to 1 before mapchange or else models won't precache.

This is not your fault Franc1sco and I guess there's nothing to do...
However, maybe you could try to make plugin precache models even if sm_soccermod_enable ist set to 0.
This way, players would preload models as soon as they join the server, no matter if the current map is a soccer map or not.
The rest of the plugin would be disabled using mapscfg (-> sm_soccermod_enable 0).
Then, when the server changes to a soccer map, players will already have models, and the rest of the plugin (like the no damage function, etc...) will be activated via mapscfg (-> sm_soccermod_enable 1).
If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

In the meantime, I'll keep on using your plugin that I edited and recompiled without all the "models part".

Anyway many thanks for making and sharing this plugin, I might be wrong but it seems that it's the only plugin for soccer existing on this website...

Last edited by St00ne; 11-24-2011 at 08:39.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2011 , 14:35   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ne View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I'm still having pbs with loading models on mapchange because I want to use it with mapscfg so that it is enabled only on soccer maps.

Maybe there's a conflict with another plugin, or maybe plugin needs to be enabled on server start because when I enable it only for ka_maps, sometimes models won't load and I get the "error" skin.

Anyway otherwise plugin works fine.

++

EDIT: I tried everything but models won't load at map change. I am using mapscfg that can be found here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=543922
I set my configs this way:
In sourcemod.cfg: sm_soccermod_enable "0"
In ka_.cfg (using mapscfg): sm_soccermod_enable "1"
But I guess the value should be set to 1 before mapchange or else models won't precache.

This is not your fault Franc1sco and I guess there's nothing to do...
However, maybe you could try to make plugin precache models even if sm_soccermod_enable ist set to 0.
This way, players would preload models as soon as they join the server, no matter if the current map is a soccer map or not.
The rest of the plugin would be disabled using mapscfg (-> sm_soccermod_enable 0).
Then, when the server changes to a soccer map, players will already have models, and the rest of the plugin (like the no damage function, etc...) will be activated via mapscfg (-> sm_soccermod_enable 1).
If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

In the meantime, I'll keep on using your plugin that I edited and recompiled without all the "models part".

Anyway many thanks for making and sharing this plugin, I might be wrong but it seems that it's the only plugin for soccer existing on this website...
In the new version, the models is precached always, no matter the value of the cvar (sm_soccermod_enable).

Maybe your problem is with downloading content server (your server host, fastdl, etc)

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2011 , 06:48   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
In the new version, the models is precached always, no matter the value of the cvar (sm_soccermod_enable)
I think it's wrong. Sorry but it seems that in the latest version models are still loaded only if sm_soccermod_enable is set to 1 (see code below):

Code:
public OnMapStart()
{
  if (GetConVarInt(sm_soccermod_enable) == 1)
  {
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/skin_foot_a2.vmt");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/skin_foot_a2.vtf");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.dx80.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.dx90.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.phy");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.sw.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.vvd");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.xbox.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/skin_foot_a2.vmt");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/skin_foot_a2.vtf");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.dx80.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.dx90.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.phy");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.sw.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.vvd");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.xbox.vtx");

//PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
    //PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
  }
  PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
  PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
}

Last edited by St00ne; 11-30-2011 at 08:43.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2011 , 13:25   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ne View Post
Sorry but it seems that in the latest version models are still loaded only if sm_soccermod_enable is set to 1:

Code:
public OnMapStart()
{
  if (GetConVarInt(sm_soccermod_enable) == 1)
  {
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/skin_foot_a2.vmt");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/skin_foot_a2.vtf");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.dx80.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.dx90.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.phy");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.sw.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.vvd");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.xbox.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/skin_foot_a2.vmt");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/skin_foot_a2.vtf");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.dx80.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.dx90.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.phy");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.sw.vtx");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.vvd");
        AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.xbox.vtx");

//PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
    //PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
  }
}
The models are prechached always, are not within the cvar (so the server does not freeze if you change the cvar suddenly), however the downloads are within the cvar for reducing download contents in maps that not are
soccer.

If you want that the soccer contents are downloaded in any map, you can use this code and recompile:

PHP Code:
public OnMapStart()
{

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2011 , 18:26   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #16

I did something like that already, and it works.

If you want to use that plugin with mapscfg (I'm using this one: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=543922), you have to make players download and precache models before mapchange, regardless of sm_soccermod_enable.

Code:
public OnConfigsExecuted()
{
}
I maintain that if you do not do so, models won't load properly on a soccermap. It is much better to make players download the skins as soon as they enter the server, even if it's not a soccer map. Every other function of the plugiun is disabled (sm_soccermod_enable "0").
Then when you go to a soccer map, there is no bug, no crash, skins are applied at respawn because sm_soccermod_enable is set to 1.

I have just one more question:

Instead of removing completely "crush damages" (when the ball hits a player), is it possible to lower them?

Thanks for your anwsers,

Regards,

St00ne

Last edited by St00ne; 01-05-2012 at 23:15.
duydangle
Old 11-29-2011 , 20:55   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #17

I found that this plugin has a bug when disable and enable instantly. Because I use some config to switch between mods, so by default i put sm_soccermod_enable "0" and on ka_ maps i use sm_soccermod_enable "1". The bug is when I use this, when the one team win, there is no round restart.

Last edited by duydangle; 11-29-2011 at 20:55.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2011 , 08:37   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #18

?

That must come from somewhere else. When a team scores a goal, round always restarts because all players of the losing team die, no matter if you installed the plugin. That's part of any ka_soccer map.

Last edited by St00ne; 12-08-2011 at 02:47.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2011 , 11:53   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Instead of removing completely "crush damages" (when the ball hits a player), is it possible to lower them?
Anyone knows?

Regards,

St00ne
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2011 , 06:44   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #20

Yes it is possible, how much you want to lower them?