Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition (unsupported for now)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2012 , 05:08   Re: Notepad++ AlliedModders Edition
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Sadly not, you have to do it manually, and it's a pain. Like said in the todo list, making an external lexer in a plugin and we could make what we want, but not going to happen soon :p. The other solution is to fix Pawn Studio or using AMXX studio :p
Ouch. I have always been hoping for a Pawn IDE that would just display natives with documentation correctly like what Netbeans or Eclipse does with Java and C++. I tried creating a Netbeans module to support Pawn, but I didn't understand it. I would like to just create my own IDE, but it would be a lot of work to make it work and look good just to add in a simple function. I would love to create or find a lexer though. I really couldn't care less about the IDE telling me about syntax errors since none of the Pawn IDEs ever had any. I'm more concerned with auto-completion and highlighting (my life would suck without it).

I just thought this up while typing. What about creating a program that runs in the background that when you type something, it tries to parse it and auto-complete and display documentation. It would be otherwise redundant outside of programming, but I think it could work nicely. It would basically just display the information either as a tooltip, in a static message box (in the corner if your screen or something), at the cursor, or underneath the carrot.

The question is, how would this program add the methods into the table. I figure they might just be automatically loaded. Like you choose the directory of your includes folder and it parses everything. So it would auto-complete, even if the include isn't within your code. Still, I think it isn't too bad of an idea, and I don't believe it would be difficult to make.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]

Last edited by Tirant; 03-09-2012 at 05:12.