Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
KAMINARI
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Survivors vs Zombies, standard stuff.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Discontinued. See: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=131282
    Old 02-01-2010 , 14:36   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
    Reply With Quote #1

answer please
    Ritsuka
    Old 06-09-2010 , 21:05   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
    Reply With Quote #2

I tried this mod out and it seems to sadly give you the false weapons every time. This also has major problems with the survivors which they can not get ammo for the weapons. There is also a sound of someone falling and dieing that repeats on every map I play on. Any fixes for these? I have seen some servers using this and do not have these problems.
    Ritsuka
    Old 06-09-2010 , 23:45   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
    Reply With Quote #3

Issues with weapons now fixed no crashing of server. I am just having a problem with a sound playing over and over of a player dying over and over once every 2 seconds or so.
    MjrNuT
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 06-13-2010 , 14:03   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirtyminuth View Post
    Zombie Fortress 4.0.5.0

This version fixes a few crash bugs and improves overall stability. It also adds SDKHooks as a dependency, and divides the source into two files for better organization. Thus, the smx file is now included. Thanks to Obliterous and clutchh for their help!

Changelog (4.0.4.0 > 4.0.5.0):
    • [General]
      • Server browser game description now reads "Zombie Fortress <version>."
    • [Zombies]
      • Added Crit-a-Cola for the scout.
      • Reduced spawn times for all spawn states.
        • Rest: 16 (from 20s)
        • Hunger: 8 (from 10s)
        • Frenzy: 0 (from 1s)
    • [Survivors]
      • Increased pyro max ammo to 125 (from 100).
    • [Bug Fixes]
      • Fixed crash caused by killing all survivors on maps without a "game_round_win" entity. This primarily affected KOTH maps.
      • Fixed crashes caused by global timer handles persisting across map changes.
      • Fixed Demo Eyelander / Soldier Equalizer speed bonuses not applying correctly.
      • Fixed issue where overhealed survivors could lose health when killing a zombie.
    Notes

Requires SM 1.3.2 / MM 1.8.1 / SDKHooks. Main post (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=382) has been updated to reflect the new features.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sirot View Post
    This has been an ongoing project for me and while the code for it is very simple, making it balanced (and exploit free) was not. The Penny-Arcade community helped me out a lot on that. There has been one map made so far for Zombie Fortress, it is found in the website.
    Commands:
    sm_zf_enable - Activates the Zombie Fortress plugin. Restarts the round.
    sm_zf_disable - Deactivates the Zombie Fortress plugin. Restarts the round.
    sm_zf_force_on "0/1" - Toggles whether the plugin should deactivate on non-zf map changes.
    sm_zf_ratio "0.0 to 1.0" - Percentage of players on the survivor team at start. (Default 0.60 or 60% survivors).

Credits:
    This was my first plugin for SourceMod and I used bl4nk's sudden death redux as a start. Also, I need to credit whoever designed the "#define TF2_class". I found it somewhere using search but I don't know who it is from.

Known Issues:
    - On occasion, the zombies will spawn with "false" versions of their normal weapons.

Website for more details and download links: Zombie Fortress Blog

Dirtyminuth,

I think I have figured out that you picked up this plugin where the author seems to have discontinued. If I recall correctly, then there were one or 2 others even before you.

Did I quote the right post of the latest ZF people are using?

Are the same cvars from the OP (Sirot) still being used or are there more? Is there an auto config?

Moreover, are there still ZF specific maps people are using or are any maps being used for the mod?

Pardon my questions as it's a bit to go through all the pages to see where the change occurs from OP to you.

Is it worth starting a new thread for ZF if you are going to be the curator? Seems like it would be of merit considering your efforts thus far, which many people have come to appreciate.

Thanks
    dirtyminuth
    Old 06-13-2010 , 14:49   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)
    Reply With Quote #5

Happy to answer your questions!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
    Dirtyminuth,

I think I have figured out that you picked up this plugin where the author seems to have discontinued. If I recall correctly, then there were one or 2 others even before you.

Did I quote the right post of the latest ZF people are using?
    The new "main" post is here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=382. You are correct about the development history, too. Sirot stopped working on ZF, and it was passed between a few authors before I rewrote it from the ground up.

Quote:
    Are the same cvars from the OP (Sirot) still being used or are there more? Is there an auto config?
    The old cvars are intact, along with some new ones. An auto config is also generated, so make sure to delete any old ones you may have!

Quote:
    Moreover, are there still ZF specific maps people are using or are any maps being used for the mod?
    There are many ZF-specific maps being used, and many more in development. Two active ZF communities are GFL (thecrazygfl.co.uk) and ATG (addictiontogaming.com). You can also check FPSBanana, as they now have a ZF-specific section under TF2 maps.

Additionally, I'm trying to add greater support for ZF on non-ZF maps. A lot of that is still a work in progress.

Quote:
    Is it worth starting a new thread for ZF if you are going to be the curator? Seems like it would be of merit considering your efforts thus far, which many people have come to appreciate.

Thanks
    I'm working on a significant update to ZF that adds survivor and zombie perks. It's a completely new way to play ZF. Once this version is out of alpha test, I'll start a new thread that offers both "vanilla" ZF and "perks" ZF.

If you're interested in trying it out, search for servers running ZF 4.1.X.Xx.
    willy1234x1
    Old 09-20-2008 , 15:01   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress
    Reply With Quote #6

The screenshots on the website suggest this is highly tipped in the favor of the Survivors.
    Sirot
    Old 09-20-2008 , 15:04   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willy1234x1 View Post
    The screenshots on the website suggest this is highly tipped in the favor of the Survivors.
    It is actually quite the opposite, zombies win way more often than survivors. What happened was that the teams switched every round and the scores got skewed. The new version of the map fixed that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
    Any chance you could have this use bots? Would be nice if you can somehow spawn a bot and have it parent to one of the zombie players and then mimic that zombie players action. If anything it would just create more fodder for the un-infected to attack or they can be a distraction allowing the infected to attack their enemy's while their clone is taking brunt of the blows. Also be helpful on hosts that do not have larger player base to have 2-3 zombie bots parented to one of the zombie players until the host fills up and they can be replaced with real players.

Any thoughts?

-Teddy
    To be honest, that's just way beyond me.
    teddyruxpin
    Overseer of lost packets
    Old 09-20-2008 , 15:16   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress
    Reply With Quote #8

Most of what I am talking about is part of the stock game and could be tweaked to work. Hard part would be to attach the bot back to the player on each spawn so the offset for mimics is correct. Means that when the player dies his clones die with him and respawn and attach when he does.

"bot_forcefireweapon" = ""
    game
    - Force bots with the specified weapon to fire.
    "bot_flipout" = "0"
    game
    - When on, all bots fire their guns.
    "bot_changeclass" = "0"
    game
    - Force all bots to change to the specified class.
    "bot_jump" = "0"
    game cheat
    - Force all bots to repeatedly jump.
    "bot_changeteams"
    game cheat
    "bot_mimic" = "0"
    game
    - Bot uses usercmd of player by index.
    "bot_mimic_yaw_offset" = "0" ( def. "180" )
    game
    - Offsets the bots yaw

This also over my head but I am sure one of the more senior SM plugin guys could whip this up.

-Teddy

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
    L4D Player Info
    skatelouis
    Old 09-20-2008 , 15:20   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
    "bot_flipout" = "0"
    game
    - When on, all bots fire their guns.
    If you put bot_flipout 3 they run in circle without shooting