Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ][TF2] Gun Game

Post New Thread Reply   

albokid2468
Old 04-08-2009 , 19:35   [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #1

Is this possible? Why haven't people tried this? Could you use like the weapon restrictions and class restrictions and combine them?
Im worthless at coding, and I wouldn't know where to start. So thanks
Theme97
Old 04-10-2009 , 04:57   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #2

It's definitely possible, but it hasn't been done most likely because it just wouldn't work with TF2.

Draw up a schematic of how classes and weapons should be ordered and pretty much just how to copy every feature from the original into a TF2-compatible alternative and maybe I'll see what I can do.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2009 , 05:18   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #3

I considered it a long time ago but it would just be stupid. Most classes dont have the animations for holding other weapons correctly, so it just looks all around stupid when you try it. Some weapons work with various classes, but for the most part they dont.
Old 04-18-2009 , 22:25   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #4

What if you pick a class, but then the mod picks one for you. I mean if you are on level one, you get a heavy with just the minigun. Then if you kill someone, the mod changes your class to soldier and you only wield the rocket launcher? And so on?
kortul
Old 05-11-2009 , 19:33   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #5

I am developing a gungame style leveling mod for TF2. It works just like albokid said: when you join and pick a class, you are automatically set to the class of the first level in the level order, along with the proper weapon. So if level 1 is scout pistol you start as scout but without the scattergun. When a player levels up they get their new class and weapon on the fly, like gungame turbo. When someone wins the round end is triggered.

I looked into mixing and matching classes and weapons, but as crimson says, it doesnt work very well. A scout with a syringe gun holds the gun in the left hand for some reason, but when you shoot you see the needles come from the right side.

The mod is still in early development. I'm close to having it good enough to distribute a beta version to those who are willing to host it on a public server. My latest stable version is up and running at my server, so feel free to join and have a look:

connect 68.232.166.90:27015

Add me on steam (username bigstan312) if you have any questions relating to the project.

Also, if anyone can think of a catchy name for the mod (cant really call it tf2 gungame) let me know.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-11-2009 , 22:38   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortul View Post
cant really call it tf2 gungame
Why not?
kortul
Old 05-11-2009 , 23:01   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #7

well gungame is the name of the addon for css. Wouldn't want people to get confused, plus it wouldn't be fair to the gungame makers to use the name of their mod.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2009 , 23:55   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #8

GunGame is like Ketchup, its not a brand, heinz ketchup is not the same as hunts. CSS ES Gungame is not the same as TF2 SM GunGame.

kortul
Old 05-13-2009 , 21:56   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #9

You know how to make a good point. I'm still (slightly) concerned about confusion between the 2. Like if someone searches google for tf2 gungame without quotes they'll probably get lots of css gungame related hits.

Anyways It'll be a little while before I have a release version ready, but if anyone wants to help beta test let me know I need admins to join the server and get games going. People join if someone's in there but same as regular tf2 someone has to join empty server and get the ball rolling. Also sinces there are still lots of bugs It's probably best to have admins in there so they can restart the plugin/server, change maps, etc.

Oh yeah, gonna need maps too...
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2009 , 02:56   Re: [REQ][TF2] Gun Game
Reply With Quote #10

I helped with ES GunGame a little a year or 2 ago. I made the, this server is running gungame 5 sound.