Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Clan_Tag_Protection

Post New Thread Reply   

[AoL]Demandred
Old 08-21-2004 , 19:57  
Reply With Quote #21

Wow, I always forget that the main version of this plugin hadn't been fully re-done the way we did it.

I have a plugin that was entirely based on this, and all we did was just modify it to read from a mysql database. So our clan tag protection, admin lists, etc, are all mysql database.

We love mysql, and have ported several plugins over in custom ways for our servers. I would be willing (as long as the person who actually did the mysql work on it is okay with it) to post that .sma here (it's still based on amxmod, and not amxmodx at the moment - also, it would have to be re-written when the new mysql commands/etc are released with 0.20).

Lovely plugin, though - I use it in it's natural form on my personal test server, and mysql version on our clan servers
Shinko
Old 08-21-2004 , 23:04  
Reply With Quote #22

Lets say I have a pub server and I want to stop people from wearing a certain tag at the end of their name.

Lets say I dont want non clan members to have "| #amx" at the end of their name such as " bob | #amx". But I want multiple people to be able to use this tag, how would I set it so all the clan members can wear the tag and others cant.
Send a message via AIM to Shinko
[AoL]Demandred
Old 08-24-2004 , 02:30  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko
Lets say I have a pub server and I want to stop people from wearing a certain tag at the end of their name.

Lets say I dont want non clan members to have "| #amx" at the end of their name such as " bob | #amx". But I want multiple people to be able to use this tag, how would I set it so all the clan members can wear the tag and others cant.
You would add a line for each person, with the information for each of them.

Code:
amx_protclantag "| #amx" "STEAM_0:0:xxxx"
amx_protclantag "| #amx" "STEAM_0:1:xxxxx"
amx_protclantag "| #amx" "STEAM_0:0:xxxxxx"
The three people with those exact three steamids would be able to use | #amx in their name, but nobody else would be able to.

As a side note, you could add:

Code:
amx_protclantag "| #badword" "NOACCESS"
And NOBODY could ever use | #badword as ANY part of their name.

Note:
The first example doesn't explain fully. The plugin will not allow anybody to put | #amx as ANY part of their name, EXCEPT for those three people. The following names would be kicked when joining (or have their name changed, can't remember which happens):

| #amx | IAmElite
IAm| #amx | Elite
IAmElite | #amx

Unless it was a person who had an entry from above, that person would be kicked/have their name changed by the plugin.
Shinko
Old 08-24-2004 , 17:28  
Reply With Quote #24

Thank you for the post. Very helpful and well explained.
Now to find the rate a post button and give it a 6.

Thanks,
Shinko
Send a message via AIM to Shinko
Gunny
Old 09-01-2004 , 15:58  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AoL
Demandred]Wow, I always forget that the main version of this plugin hadn't been fully re-done the way we did it.

I have a plugin that was entirely based on this, and all we did was just modify it to read from a mysql database. So our clan tag protection, admin lists, etc, are all mysql database.

We love mysql, and have ported several plugins over in custom ways for our servers. I would be willing (as long as the person who actually did the mysql work on it is okay with it) to post that .sma here (it's still based on amxmod, and not amxmodx at the moment - also, it would have to be re-written when the new mysql commands/etc are released with 0.20).

Lovely plugin, though - I use it in it's natural form on my personal test server, and mysql version on our clan servers
I contacted thomastj and he stated he was not interested in continuing work on this plugin, OLO has not responded or told me the same thing, I can't remember.. but you are more than welcome to convert this to a Mysql.
That is actually what I would prefer to use. I am currently using Amxxbans plugin for my admin and bans but this would be great if I could just add a table to my sql and this plugin connect to it.

Please post it or email me a copy, I would love to test it out.
TEAM FORTRESS 2 - 70.85.30.25:27015
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE - 70.85.30.22:27015
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE DEATH MATCH - 70.85.30.23:27015
hasta
Old 09-08-2004 , 11:46  
Reply With Quote #26

Can i use it for LAN?
Send a message via ICQ to hasta
Gunny
Old 09-08-2004 , 18:10  
Reply With Quote #27

Should Work, However, I have not tried.
madprofessor
Old 11-04-2004 , 07:38  
Reply With Quote #28

hi. nice work here. in my case i have an sql list of admins like this
[admin] name1
[admin] name2

all i need is to make sure no one uses [admin] nameX
and imitates an admin without having access.

so isn't it more handy to have a plugin check if a user having [admin]/[Admin]/[ADMIN] on his name, is on that list and if not
kick him?

i don't use steam id's cause if an admin uses a public pc his steam id and ip cound be anything from time to time.
Gunny
Old 11-11-2004 , 01:56  
Reply With Quote #29

I wish I could answer you but I have no clue, I did not write this plugin but simply added the X at the end of the amxmod and posted it here for others to use. Maybe someone who is a coder will asnwer.
sedativejam
Old 11-23-2004 , 23:29  
Reply With Quote #30

I would like this pluging to change the name and not kick them, how do i set this?