Noblock players and grenades

Post New Thread Reply   

daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2010 , 18:56   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora92 View Post
Oh and I'm also getting the issue with noblock glitching "vehicles" in maps, it doesn't seem to like any players colliding with any moving object and just glitches them through after a few seconds, possibly related to changed collision models within the new engine (that's just a guess, not really sure at all)?
Yea, I talked to bobbo and he told me he probably can't fix that and it's just a side-effect of the OB update. Perhaps map makers can do something to fix it.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
Galaxy9000
Old 07-13-2010 , 06:44   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #32

Is it possible, that also the CSS bots dont block eath other? For CSS Deathmatch Mode would this very good, then the bots also dont blocking themselthes. Thank you!

CSS: 64 Player w/ Bots, ES XA, many Plugins (Splahdmg, ExplosiveDeath etc.), Spawnpointgen.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ NO PUB SERVERS ATM
Pandora92
Old 07-13-2010 , 15:00   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
Yea, I talked to bobbo and he told me he probably can't fix that and it's just a side-effect of the OB update. Perhaps map makers can do something to fix it.
Yeah I was worried that would be the case, I don't really think that map makers can do much about it either since there's only a limited selection of entities you can construct a moving "vehicle" out of and I think they all share the same collision model, I'm going to PM Echo on the Steam forums though (he's the guy in charge of the update) and see if there's anything they can do about it, I probably wont get a response but it's worth a shot.

Also any news on the issue with none of the cvars working? That's a major problem for me and probably a lot of others, although I guess I could (as a temporary workaround) just create cfg files to disable/unload the plugin on every map that I don't want it on for, and then enabling/loading it on the others.
Old 07-13-2010 , 16:11   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora92 View Post
Yeah I was worried that would be the case, I don't really think that map makers can do much about it either since there's only a limited selection of entities you can construct a moving "vehicle" out of and I think they all share the same collision model, I'm going to PM Echo on the Steam forums though (he's the guy in charge of the update) and see if there's anything they can do about it, I probably wont get a response but it's worth a shot.

Also any news on the issue with none of the cvars working? That's a major problem for me and probably a lot of others, although I guess I could (as a temporary workaround) just create cfg files to disable/unload the plugin on every map that I don't want it on for, and then enabling/loading it on the others.
I messaged Echo with no luck last week, so definitely try it. Can't you just unload the plugin by using "sm plugins unload noblock"? Then just reload it using "sm plugins reload noblock".

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
Pandora92
Old 07-13-2010 , 18:30   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleGEND View Post
I messaged Echo with no luck last week, so definitely try it. Can't you just unload the plugin by using "sm plugins unload noblock"? Then just reload it using "sm plugins reload noblock".
Yeah that's what I plan on doing, but since I wont be there 24/7 I just need to create .cfg files for each map to do it for me, bit of a pain but I'll get round to it eventually lol.
Old 07-14-2010 , 09:52   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Getting this in my error logs:

Code:
[SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 190e0334 is invalid (error 3)
[SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "noblock.smx":
[SM]   [0]  Line 82, C:\Users\Hayden\Documents\Server Stuff\sourcemod-1.2.4\addons\sourcemod\scripting\noblock.sp::Event_OnPlayerSpawn()
Any word on a fix for this? It's spamming my error logs, and it's also causing some players to have permanent block on. I'll also add that it usually only happens when there are a large number of players in the server (30+).

Here is the function it's refering to in the error:
Code:
public Action:Event_OnPlayerSpawn(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast)
{
    new user_id = GetEventInt(event, "userid");
    new entity = GetClientOfUserId(user_id);
    if ( g_hTimer[entity] && ( g_hTimer[entity] != INVALID_HANDLE) )
    {
        CloseHandle(g_hTimer[entity]);
        g_hTimer[entity] = INVALID_HANDLE;
        PrintToChat(entity, "\x03[NoBlock] \x01Blocking has been Disabled because of respawn");
    }

SetEntData(entity, g_CollisionOffset, 2, 4, true);
}
Does anything look blatantly wrong there?

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 07-14-2010 at 09:54.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-14-2010 , 11:06   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #37

Not really... I have had no reports of other users having this problem, nor do any of my servers have that error in the error logs. Do you run any other plugins that also use noblock? They could be clashing...

@ Galaxy9000: I don't think bots really walk through each other though, do they? :S I mean... they wouldn't know how, and are designed not to...
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2010 , 11:38   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #38

I don't think I'm running any conflicting plugins, so I'm going to give altex's noblock a try since I noticed he fixed an error like this in his changelog. If I don't see the error anymore with his plugin, I'll mention it back here.
Galaxy9000
Old 07-14-2010 , 15:13   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobagan View Post
@ Galaxy9000: I don't think bots really walk through each other though, do they? :S I mean... they wouldn't know how, and are designed not to...
Yeah, thats true, but i wish it could be possible for the stupid bots hanging each other on starts and doors (64 Player i mean )

Thanks!

CSS: 64 Player w/ Bots, ES XA, many Plugins (Splahdmg, ExplosiveDeath etc.), Spawnpointgen.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ NO PUB SERVERS ATM
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2010 , 01:49   Re: Noblock players and grenades
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy9000 View Post
Yeah, thats true, but i wish it could be possible for the stupid bots hanging each other on starts and doors (64 Player i mean )

Thanks!
Ah ok, I will look into it.