Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 05-17-2007 , 14:17   SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

This is a general announcement filled with goodies about recent SourceMod developments.

Metamod:Source 1.4.1 has been released to fix a few bugs and to address the current Source beta. Download it at www.sourcemm.net.

Automated Builds of SourceMod are now hourly instead of nightly, and the builds are now available in an SVN repository so you can update your servers with one SVN command. Head over to the builds page to see!

Build Changelogs of SourceMod are now available. Are you wondering what mysteriously happened during the latest build increment? Check it out here (viewable from the builds page).

Menu APIs are now stable in SourceMod. This is a very comprehensive API that spans a weeks of intensive design and implementation. It offers both low-level display abstraction and a high-level menu building interface, both for SourcePawn and C++ extensions. See the wiki article to learn more! (Examples and screenshots included.)

A New Forum has been added for posting extensions, code snippets, and tutorials. If you have some isolated code, stocks, or information that you think other people could use, but doesn't deserve a wiki article, post it here! Extensions will get stickied (as long as they work).

What's up next for SourceMod? That would be the long-awaited SQL API!

As always, thanks for your support!
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2007 , 15:06   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

My God...you went all out, great job man...
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-21-2007 , 07:33   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

Looking good. Eagerly awaiting.
Old 05-21-2007 , 09:33   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

When can we expect sourcemod to be at an 'AMXX level'?
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2007 , 10:44   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

I'll answer for him...

When it's done :p
dutchmeat
Old 05-21-2007 , 10:50   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
I'll answer for him...

When it's done :p
Hmm, I could live with that, but at which stage is SM in comparison with AMXX?
Old 05-21-2007 , 13:34   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

dutchmeat: I can't imagine what metric you're expecting us to answer your question with. Stability? Default plugins? Scripting features? Speed? Engine-related features? Game-related features? Extension API? External libraries?

If you're looking for a specific feature set, ask about it and I can tell you how it fits or will/will not fit into SourceMod. But it's a different project from AMX Mod X, and Half-Life 2 is a different game. They're not directly comparable in that sense except in terms of library features (like string manipulation, timers, etc which have remained very similar).

If you were to ask me, I'd of course say SourceMod leaped past AMX Mod X ages ago. It's a much more advanced, well coded, and well designed system. But I don't know what metric you're looking for.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 05-21-2007 at 13:36.
dutchmeat
Old 05-21-2007 , 17:04   Re: SourceMod News, Metamod:Source 1.4.1 Released

Well I was actually thinking of how easy amxx plugins could be created, but you explained the big difference between the two engines, so i'll shut up now.