Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

PreThink Question...

Post New Thread Reply   

omghax
Old 12-29-2006 , 21:24   PreThink Question...
Reply With Quote #1

I was wondering, before changing lots of code...

If PreThink could catch a users command, before the server crashed. Or if commands could even be run from PreThink... I've never mess around with it before.

e.g. if amx_bslap Bob 20 slaps the player Bob 20 times, but crash's instantly, if checking to see if the user ran the command through PreThink if it would make any difference logging wise.

-- Thanks,
-- Have a nice day, !
George Carlin: Reminds me of something my grandfather used to say. He used to say "I'm going upstairs and fuck your grandmother." Well, he was an honest guy, you know? He wasn't going to lie to a little kid.
Send a message via AIM to omghax Send a message via MSN to omghax Send a message via Yahoo to omghax Send a message via Skype™ to omghax
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2006 , 21:33   Re: PreThink Question...
Reply With Quote #2

I'm guessing you run an EntMod server and want to know if someone crashed the server by using a certain command. If that's the case, search for EntMod Manager.

Anyway, to see which command crashed the server, just log all commands executed that could possibly crash the server. That means writing the commands to a file, like a txt file as they are executed. Also, write a line in the file when the server starts. That way, you can see what the last command was before the server started, which is also the last command executed during the previous session. This last command is most likely the one that caused the crash.

client_PreThink cannot help you to find the command that caused the crash.
omghax
Old 12-29-2006 , 21:39   Re: PreThink Question...
Reply With Quote #3

Well, I'm somewhat running an EntMod server. And I have all of that running already, but it never logs the last command.

Is there anything that would?
George Carlin: Reminds me of something my grandfather used to say. He used to say "I'm going upstairs and fuck your grandmother." Well, he was an honest guy, you know? He wasn't going to lie to a little kid.
Send a message via AIM to omghax Send a message via MSN to omghax Send a message via Yahoo to omghax Send a message via Skype™ to omghax
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2006 , 21:56   Re: PreThink Question...
Reply With Quote #4

Place AMXX above Entmod in Metamod's plugins.ini file, if it isn't already. You could then use the client_command forward and log whatever comes through.
omghax
Old 12-29-2006 , 22:09   Re: PreThink Question...
Reply With Quote #5

Would this be more efficient then using plugin_init? Or does it receive it semi faster... ?

Thanks for the replys by the way,
spider853
Old 12-30-2006 , 05:51   Re: PreThink Question...
Reply With Quote #6

You Wana Say Something Like Try() Catch??
Send a message via ICQ to spider853