Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2 Dedicated Server a few issues and nitpicks

Post New Thread Reply   

RichardMarsh
Old 08-10-2014 , 21:37   TF2 Dedicated Server a few issues and nitpicks
Reply With Quote #1

To start off I am NOT having connection issues, I, and other players can connect and play fine.

I have just a coup small issues

1. In sourcemod I have myself set as a root admin, this should allow me to use cheats and other things.

I can do admin stuff, and root stuff, but I cannot use cheats. At least without sv_cheats set to 1.
Which would screw me up if I wanted to do special events with friends, and also allow non admins to use cheats. Is there any way to fix this? or do I have to have sv_cheats set to 1 to have even Admins use cheats? Or should I be able to use them no matter what?

2. sv_pure
I have sv_pure set to 1, and my current white list allows the use of sprays, and sprays only. I myself have a few retexture mods (making the charge and targe look like a gauntlet, loose cannon bombs being bob-ombs, etc) and I was wondering if
A. some one has a whitelist pre made that allows unharmful mods (no cheating ones)
or
B. someone can tell me the directories I need to add into my whitelist to allow unharmful mods.

3. map cycles, the .txt I have set up doesn't to seem to be working, it is based off the default one but with hydro and doomsday removed. and tips on that?
and how do I set up a default map that my server starts up on? I'm not the biggest fan of ctf_2fort and would like my default be Koth_harvest_final.

and as a final request, if someone can suggest a few basic plugins to add to spice up the server, and a possible guide to install said plugins, that would be highly appreciated!

Thank you for reading and helping out, this all goes towards the first TF2 server of the group I'm in.

Last edited by RichardMarsh; 08-10-2014 at 21:49.
Donski
Old 08-12-2014 , 10:29   Re: TF2 Dedicated Server a few issues and nitpicks
Reply With Quote #2

1.) You still need sv_cheats 1 for you to be able to use cheats. I think (not entirely sure) you need a plugin to allow admins to use cheats without enabling it for everyone.

3.) You can either change the default mapcycle file, or if you have created a separate one you need to add a line to your server.cfg

Code:
mapcyclefile <filename.txt>
To set another map as your default you need to add +map koth_harvest_final to your startup command.
RichardMarsh
Old 08-12-2014 , 21:46   Re: TF2 Dedicated Server a few issues and nitpicks
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski View Post
1.) You still need sv_cheats 1 for you to be able to use cheats. I think (not entirely sure) you need a plugin to allow admins to use cheats without enabling it for everyone.

3.) You can either change the default mapcycle file, or if you have created a separate one you need to add a line to your server.cfg

Code:
mapcyclefile <filename.txt>
To set another map as your default you need to add +map koth_harvest_final to your startup command.
You have any suggestions for a plugin to allow admins to use cheats? all google searches lead me no where..
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 08-12-2014 , 22:20   Re: TF2 Dedicated Server a few issues and nitpicks
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardMarsh View Post
You have any suggestions for a plugin to allow admins to use cheats? all google searches lead me no where..
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1790026
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2014 , 22:27   Re: TF2 Dedicated Server a few issues and nitpicks
Reply With Quote #5

You shouldn't need to use cheats. If you need godmode, use a Godmode plugin. If you need to use noclip, sm_noclip is built into sourcemod. Replenish ammo? There's a plugin for that too. Etc, etc, etc.

There are a few things that a plugin wouldn't be able to do, I'm sure, which is why the plugin linked to in the previous post would be useful.