Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2006 , 20:34   0.7.0b released!

0.7.0b is out and makes all the nick tag problems completely obsolete as nick tags are not used anymore.
this way the update made the plugin pretty much more tolerant for every mod favour. i think this is important because i want the plugin to be completely mod independant.

and there is good news for you, -=STN=- MaGe, as well: the server now checks where someone is redirected from and doesn't redirect back there. this way your problems with people in an endless redirection loop spamming the chat should be gone!

of course there are some other changes and bug fixes in there as well, check the changelog.

i am sorry, superbulette.nordend, but redirect_user is not already implemented. i will do it in the next version and hurry to come up with the next release very soon.
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2006 , 06:51   Re: Server redirection

so my problem is the linux sockets?

what settings can i use on this new version?

will this stop the timeoutS?

Send a message via Yahoo to -=STN=- MaGe
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2006 , 13:39   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=STN=- MaGe
so my problem is the linux sockets?
it seems like. or the firewall. no matter what causes the problems in the end, i am afraid i have no idea anymore what i could do about it :-(

Quote:
what settings can i use on this new version?
as the socket problems won't be fixed with this version you can still only use redirect_check_method 0. all other CVAR's can be used as you wish of course.

Quote:
will this stop the timeoutS?
what timeouts? you mean the server hangs? no
it will just save you from having people caught in an endless redirection loop that caused the spam. so as requested i fixed what you stated in this post.

i wish i could tell you something better but i can't help you and dominion with the crashes. if you have a root machine i can only suggest you try a kernel upgrade, network module update or maybe firewall update.
if it helps you i could find out the system specs and software versions on my test machine where everything works so you can compare them.

oh, and do you update your server regularly with the steam updater shipped with it? because i do - maybe it could help to check whether your hlds version is up-to-date.

Last edited by xOR; 07-18-2006 at 13:41.
superbulette.nordend
Old 07-19-2006 , 10:36   Re: 0.7.0b released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR
0.7.0b is out and makes all the nick tag problems completely obsolete as nick tags are not used anymore.
this way the update made the plugin pretty much more tolerant for every mod favour. i think this is important because i want the plugin to be completely mod independant.

and there is good news for you, -=STN=- MaGe, as well: the server now checks where someone is redirected from and doesn't redirect back there. this way your problems with people in an endless redirection loop spamming the chat should be gone!

of course there are some other changes and bug fixes in there as well, check the changelog.

i am sorry, superbulette.nordend, but redirect_user is not already implemented. i will do it in the next version and hurry to come up with the next release very soon.
thanks for the update, works perfectly now.. nice work...
and for the redirect_user: im not in a hurry, keep your time.. thanks anyway..
Noordin
Old 07-22-2006 , 04:02   Re: Server redirection

Thanks for the great plugin. I have a basic question on how to disable text "say /server to switch between servers:" completely?

Code:
          amxx cvars
          [ 55] redirect_version         0.7.0b                   serverredirect. 
          [ 56] redirect_active          1                        serverredirect. 
          [ 57] redirect_auto            2                        serverredirect. 
          [ 58] redirect_manual          1                        serverredirect. 
          [ 59] redirect_follow          0                        serverredirect. 
          [ 60] redirect_external_addre                           serverredirect. 
          [ 61] redirect_check_method    2                        serverredirect. 
          [ 62] redirect_announce        0                        serverredirect. 
          [ 63] redirect_announce_mode   3                        serverredirect. 
          [ 64] redirect_show            0                        serverredirect.
Thank you
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2006 , 10:35   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noordin
Thanks for the great plugin. I have a basic question on how to disable text "say /server to switch between servers:" completely?
redirect_announce 0 is what you need. in your listing it is already set but did you restart your server after you set it to 0? you should add this setting to your amxx.cfg to work best.
if this doesn't help and you restarted your server already you can still try to set redirect_announce_mode 0, which could help as well.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-30-2006 , 03:11   Re: Server redirection

Wow, I can't believe I had overseen this plugin for two weeks !

Good idea, excellent realization and a perfect description/changelog - great!

I want to use this on my servers, actually running a simple adminslot
plugin. This brings me to my first questions regarding:
Quote:
redirect_auto
This only affects players already on the server, trying to connect to another?
So I can keep my adminslot/redirection plugin, handling the players connecting
on a 'full' server (slotmax+adminslot)?

Furthermore, the options of redirect_auto do not fit my needs: I want everyone,
who tries to connect to a full server be redirected to a 'hardcoded' server, not
a random, not the next in the list - could I realize this?

Another question regarding this:

Quote:
when the server is full (one free slot left, that is) people are automatically forwarded to a random server from the list
Hopefully I got it right and did not overread something. Is it possible to let the plugin
assume a server is full, if it's connectedplayers-1/maxplayers (e.g. 20/21)? I have a reserved
admin slot on every server, hence they are never full (21/21).
But maybe I just don't understand the sentence "one free slot left, that is", do you mean it IS considering a server with one slot left as a full server?

As you can see in my sig, I run a couple of servers on two boxes (=two IPs).
This makes me a victim of point 1 of your known issues section . Nevertheless
I will give it a try, because the information about map/players is one of the
most important features for me. Please keep trying to fix this.
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-30-2006 , 04:03   Re: Server redirection

I got an error with 0.7.5b:

Quote:
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: String formatted incorrectly - parameter 6 (total 5)
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "serverredirect-beta.amxx")
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: [AMXX] Run time error 25: parameter error
L 07/30/2006 - 10:06:12: [AMXX] [0] serverredirect-beta.sma::(null) (line 660)
my serverlist.ini:

Quote:
[italy RUSH ONLY]
address=85.214.36.125
port=27015

[sHclachthaus]
address=87.106.1.37
port=27035

[TittyTwister DeathMatch]
address=85.214.36.125
port=27025

[chilled kreedzing]
address=87.106.1.37
port=27135

[DeathMatchServer I]
address=85.214.36.125
port=27055

[DeathMatchServer II]
address=87.106.1.37
port=27015

[DeathMatchServer III]
address=87.106.1.37
port=27025
I set
Quote:
#define MAX_SERVERFORWARDS 8
and recompiled it.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2006 , 08:20   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl2003
Wow, I can't believe I had overseen this plugin for two weeks !

Good idea, excellent realization and a perfect description/changelog - great!
thanks

Quote:
I want to use this on my servers, actually running a simple adminslot
plugin. This brings me to my first questions regarding:
This only affects players already on the server, trying to connect to another?
So I can keep my adminslot/redirection plugin, handling the players connecting
on a 'full' server (slotmax+adminslot)?
my plugin considers a server "full" when there are (maxplayers-1) players. so e.g. if there are 12/13 players and someone connects he will be redirected. as i don't know how your adminslot plugin works i can't predict how the plugins would work together but in general i guess it won't work very good.
i thought of adding reserved slots myself already but think of the following situation:
there are 12/13 players and you connect. you don't get redirected, because you are admin, so now we have 13/13. players that connect now will see the default message "server is full". they don't come far enough into the connection process to get handled by the plugin. aside from the fact that most people won't even try to connect to a full server anyway, when they see in server browser/steam browser (or their connect tool like HLSW or ASE) that the server is full. so, in fact, the redirection is broken in this case just because an admin connected to his reserved slot (which i believe will happen often).

so to your question again ("This only affects players already on the server, trying to connect to another?"): no it doesn't. it does affect people connecting. you can set redirect_auto 0 to prevent the plugin from handling connection people. in this case only manual redirects work (either when redirect_user is used by an admin or people used /server or /follow command). and these manual redirects, again, are prevented if the target server is "full" (maxplayers-1).

wow, i hope i did not confuse you more than even before now

Quote:
Furthermore, the options of redirect_auto do not fit my needs: I want everyone,
who tries to connect to a full server be redirected to a 'hardcoded' server, not
a random, not the next in the list - could I realize this?
just add "noauto=1" to every server in the list except the one you want to have people redirected to. i'd suggest to set redirect_auto 2 for this though, so it can't happen that the plugin is wasting time calculating random server numbers where in the end only one can be used anyway

Quote:
Another question regarding this:
Hopefully I got it right and did not overread something. Is it possible to let the plugin
assume a server is full, if it's connectedplayers-1/maxplayers (e.g. 20/21)? I have a reserved
admin slot on every server, hence they are never full (21/21).
But maybe I just don't understand the sentence "one free slot left, that is", do you mean it IS considering a server with one slot left as a full server?
yes, see above

Quote:
As you can see in my sig, I run a couple of servers on two boxes (=two IPs).
This makes me a victim of point 1 of your known issues section . Nevertheless
I will give it a try, because the information about map/players is one of the
most important features for me. Please keep trying to fix this.
yeah please try and tell whether it works for you. for now my experience is that on some servers it works and on some doesn't (e.g. my server works fine with several game servers on it checking each other with mode 2). i am afraid i can't fix this, it's no error in the plugin but either in AMXX sockets module or in sockets drivers of the machine running the server. it could be the firewall there as well.
regardless of whether mode 2 is crashing for you or not, it would greatly appreciate when you could tell me your system specs (if it's a root machine and you have access to such information). maybe someday we can at least find out what versions of what modules/drivers/firewalls calls the problem to have some workaround.

Quote:
I got an error with 0.7.5b:
my bad, download 0.7.5b2, it's fixed there
Old 07-30-2006 , 08:30   Re: Server redirection

+karma
Send a message via MSN to Waylay
Closed Thread