Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

S.A.S
Old 12-06-2023 , 09:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.12) [11-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #41

Dynamic light remains after killing special infected, everything works fine with others.
bug gif

Last edited by S.A.S; 12-06-2023 at 09:55.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-06-2023 , 11:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.12) [11-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #42

Because their body would still be burning afterwards in roughly that same position, cannot attach the light to ragdoll since that becomes client side. Either the light disappears and their body burns for a few seconds extra, or the light stays in the place where they died but at risk of this issue. Didn't know which to decide so went with the current method.
Old 12-07-2023 , 07:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.12) [11-Dec-2022]
Reply With Quote #43

"Either the light disappears and their body burns for a few seconds extra"

Is it possible to do this and remove the dynamic light?

Maybe add choice, enable or disable the dynamic light for special infected.
Silvers
Old 12-11-2023 , 06:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #44

Code:
1.13 (11-Dec-2023)
    - Added cvar "l4d_infected_glow_death" to decide if the glow disappears on death or remains in last position.
Old 04-29-2024 , 01:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #45

I really like your plugin, but there are some minor issues like not glowing zombie corps(there is no light on surfaces, except on survival) I just want to show you workshop add-on thath might will help you modify your plugin for use it as a reference
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...=Dynamic+light
You can use it to enhance your other glow plugins. I don't like to use this add-on, I prefer your plugin instead, due to workshop add-on requires vscript which brakes planty other addons. I hope this will help you to make your plugins better.

Last edited by N0MAD; 04-29-2024 at 01:03.
Silvers
Old 04-29-2024 , 06:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0MAD View Post
I really like your plugin, but there are some minor issues like not glowing zombie corps(there is no light on surfaces, except on survival) I just want to show you workshop add-on thath might will help you modify your plugin for use it as a reference
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...=Dynamic+light
You can use it to enhance your other glow plugins. I don't like to use this add-on, I prefer your plugin instead, due to workshop add-on requires vscript which brakes planty other addons. I hope this will help you to make your plugins better.
Change the cvar "l4d_infected_glow_death" to "1". Reason is ragdolls are client side, the faster they're moving, or if they fall etc the glow will not be in the same place as where they die.
Old 04-29-2024 , 11:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Change the cvar "l4d_infected_glow_death" to "1". Reason is ragdolls are client side, the faster they're moving, or if they fall etc the glow will not be in the same place as where they die.
I understand it, but I want you to check addon that I've already pasted. It contains glow effect just like your, but slightly works better. Major minus that it is working with Vscript so it conflicts with other script addons. Also it contains glowing burning corps and glows after commons die even works with survivors(if there is a ragdoll addon) Just check source code of addon
Silvers
Old 04-29-2024 , 15:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0MAD View Post
I understand it, but I want you to check addon that I've already pasted. It contains glow effect just like your, but slightly works better. Major minus that it is working with Vscript so it conflicts with other script addons. Also it contains glowing burning corps and glows after commons die even works with survivors(if there is a ragdoll addon) Just check source code of addon
The cvar I suggested will allow glow after death, but it may/will appear differently dependent on whose observing.

Maybe if you run the addon on a local server you would see it fine, otherwise no - it's local to the server and exclusive to that. I don't see any difference with the addon than what this plugin is doing already. There's nothing else I can do unless you use custom ragdolls that are local to the client and not the server.

Also: for L4D/2 addon community: love that so many addons are copying stuff from my plugins and not giving any credits to me or their original author ideas. Thanks a lot. Plenty addons replicating my plugins already. Please appreciate where/who these ideas came from.
Old 04-30-2024 , 16:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Glow (1.13) [11-Dec-2023]
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
The cvar I suggested will allow glow after death, but it may/will appear differently dependent on whose observing.

Maybe if you run the addon on a local server you would see it fine, otherwise no - it's local to the server and exclusive to that. I don't see any difference with the addon than what this plugin is doing already. There's nothing else I can do unless you use custom ragdolls that are local to the client and not the server.

Also: for L4D/2 addon community: love that so many addons are copying stuff from my plugins and not giving any credits to me or their original author ideas. Thanks a lot. Plenty addons replicating my plugins already. Please appreciate where/who these ideas came from.
I play only local, but I have custom ragdoll mod. Thank you for your job! I hope I will see another your great projects for l4d2