Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Module: Max Money

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

cs1.7
Old 03-11-2010 , 20:41   Re: Module: Max Money

one thing though:

i have been using this for many month and had no crashes or errors whatsoever.

Are you sure using the 350kb large orheu + your plugin is less heavy on HLDS than this module?
./..............\▓
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-12-2010 , 06:58   Re: Module: Max Money

Look you are comparing two modules which don't have the same purpose...
Anyway it's not a matter of being "heavy", it's a matter of doing the job properly. This module doesn't do the job properly. Don't ask such question because you don't know what you are talking about and it's irrelevant. Also, my plugin is efficient too since it changes the value only one time at mapchange.
Old 03-12-2010 , 07:48   Re: Module: Max Money

A "little" bit i know what i'm talking about

This module is not calculating properly on the one hand but on the other hand there is the concern with HLDS beeing allways less stable with increasing memory usage and hence there is the general aim of avaoiding further plugins or large plugins (or Modules).

So as an administrator i have to weigh in the pro/contra factors of

• only 1 middle sized, internally miscalculating, yet errorless & stable module. Created solely for my purpose (>16000$)

vs.

• a big flawless module + a further plugin. A lot of features that i don't need.

I thought maybe you could have said that orpheu is that much better coded that although it's a giant module (3 x bigger than this one) it still causes less RAM or CPU usage than this module and sowith would be less "heavy" on HLDS.

But i am not interested in the answer anymore. I will ask jim_yang to fix the bugs. Hopefully he comes back.
./..............\▓
Arkshine
Old 03-12-2010 , 08:15   Re: Module: Max Money

You don't understand nothing lol. Orpheu, is like fakemeta, engine, etc. It's just another module with provided natives to do some things. So module is used only if a plugin uses this module. Orpheu will be used more and more because you can do now a lot of things more efficiently by executing/hooking directly CS functions or from another libraries or patching memory. It's clear you have no idea how this module is extremely powerful. Which is funny is you compare the size dll, it's totally irrelevant. A bigger module doesn't mean more cpu eaten.

Quote:
I thought maybe you could have said that orpheu is that much better coded that although it's a giant module (3 x bigger than this one) it still causes less RAM or CPU usage than this module and sowith would be less "heavy" on HLDS.
You still say such thing. You really don't know what you are talking about. Both modules don't do the same thing. This module search into the memory all value which match 16000 without checking if this value is used for money... That's why you get a weird noise because some value should not replaced and used for another thing. Orpheu is more dynamic since it does more thing, using a plugin I do the same thing as the module but the difference it doesn't search the value 16000 ; it alters values at known place and mp_startmoney can be between 0 and 2147483583. ( this module only 800 to 999999 which is the max value that the hud can show )

Please don't try to argue with CPU/RAM if you don't know how it works. It's totally irrelevant there. Even if the orpheu native to alter memory uses more code thus a slightly more the cpu, you are trying to argue for something which will be executed one time and where the difference is trivial because you will notice no difference. -_-

If the module was doing the job properly and safely, for sure I would recommend to use it since it matches to your need, but that's not the case.
Anyway do what you want. I was just answered to your wrong assumption.

Last edited by Arkshine; 03-12-2010 at 08:46.
Owyn
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2010 , 10:16   Re: Module: Max Money

as i already said just edit game .dll file and no modules at all would be needed if you worry
Израильский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе задают вопрос.
Русский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе долго рассказывают, какой ты мудак.
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
Arkshine
Old 03-12-2010 , 10:28   Re: Module: Max Money

Altering dll is illegal and if there is an update you would need to redo each time the modifications, also for people who want such thing depending the map. It's something which needs some skill to find the the proper address to modify. So, that's not something you should advice.
Old 03-12-2010 , 14:31   Re: Module: Max Money

Quote:
Altering dll
that's what you do with Orpheu but in memory

*you may not answer me, not gonna argue
Израильский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе задают вопрос.
Русский форум - Задаёшь вопрос, потом тебе долго рассказывают, какой ты мудак.
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
Arkshine
Old 03-12-2010 , 15:08   Re: Module: Max Money

Altering a file and altering memory is a different thing. You may read the license it you are not aware.
Old 03-12-2010 , 18:15   Re: Module: Max Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1.7 View Post
But i am not interested in the answer anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
*you may not answer me, not gonna argue
What the fuck here ?

Why are some guys give their "opinion" if they can't explain themself later ?

- my plugins -
DjOptimuS
Old 03-29-2010 , 14:27   Re: Module: Max Money

.so module exists ? Thank You
Closed Thread