Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Provides an in-game price check command that uses prices from backpack.tf
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Abandoned, doesn't work
    Old 06-14-2016 , 12:35   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
    Reply With Quote #1

About once per month, one or more of my TF2 servers hosted on my dedicated Windows 2008 server box will start crashing every few minutes. When this happens I also notice my all my servers being to lag. It took sometime to figure out why and then I saw this message being spammed non-stop in the console of the crashing servers(s) which is preventing it/them from fully starting and starting and staying online. Basically, when this happens, it floods the network connection for not only that server, but everything on the server box.

Quote:
    KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file addons\sourcemod\data\backpack-tf.txt
    (*600*), (*0*), (*last_update*), (*-2*), (*0*), (*0*),
    KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file addons\sourcemod\data\backpack-tf.txt
    (*600*), (*0*), (*last_update*), (*-2*), (*0*), (*0*),
    (*600*), (*0*),
    I read somewhere a while back that deleting the backpack-tf.txt file in the addons\sourcemod\data folder and then restarting the offending server would allow a fresh copy of that file to be created which will fix the problem. I've done that in the past and it has worked several times before to resolve it, but not today. And it's not just one server but all the server I have running this plugin are doing it. When I delete the old file and restart the server, a new file is created but the spamming and network flooding continues accompanied with the console spam. The more servers you're running with this plugin on a server box, the worse it affects them all. As a result, I was forced to disable the backpack.tf plugin on all my servers to get them to run normally and it resolved the network lag as well.

I'm hopeful the Dr. is on and has an idea what the problem is.
    Thanks!

Lt. Maverick
    BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
    www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 06-14-2016 at 19:54.