Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Your favorite game mod for counter strike source is now available for TF2 ! In sourcemod form! (not affiliated with ES CSS gungame)
    Old 07-14-2009 , 16:07   [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod Version 0.970-->Last Update: August 2nd 2010
    Reply With Quote #1

Public beta now available for download below.

How it works:

Player's classes are controlled by the plugin based on the level order currently set. Players cannot switch classes manually. Levels can be any class with all weapons, any class minus the primary or secondary weapon, or any class melee only. When a player gets a kill, they move up to the next level, and switch to the level's classes, then some weapons are removed it the level calls for it. The first player to complete all the levels wins the gungame.

I will update this post as new updates are available. As the plugin is in it's early beta stage, updates could be frequent. Be sure to check regularly! You can also use the TF2 GunGame forums at www.a3gaming.com for downloads, news, feature requests, bug reporting, etc.

Old versions will still be available in the Downloads section of www.a3gaming.com

Changelog:

version 0.970, August 2nd 2010

-added config option to add a bot with bot mimic enabled when there is only 1 player on server

-added config option to disable AFK check for debugging

-reduced filename length of sound files to prevent play errors on some servers

-spawn protection timers are now closed when a player disconnects

-ClearPlayerData function now handles resetting variables on client indices

version 0.969, July 26th 2010

-added weapon blocker module. This prevents unlockables from being used

-joining players are no longer told via center text their starting level when they join during a warmup round

-fixed a bug that would cause a new gungame round to start when the server is changing maps

-when loaded manually via tf2gg_enabled cvar, TF2 GunGame now refreshes config settings to reflect changes to tf2gg_config.cfg

version 0.968, July 27th 2009

-roundmode end of round sounds now play the correct sound for the corresponding team

-warmup round is now always played in deathmatch mode, even if roundmode is enabled

-fixed bug where players would somtimes not switch to the correct weapon on spawn

-warmup round is now handled fully by the plugin, rather than using the built in "waiting for players" round

-fixed a bug that would sometimes cause 1 or more players to not be respawned to the correct level for a new game

-commands are now only hooked/registered if gungame is enabled, except for "tf2gg" command which is always registered

-added spawn protection and config option for spawn protection time

version 0.967, July 21st 2009

-TF2 GunGame now loads on maps listed in tf2gg_maplist.txt when option tf2gg_enable_maplist_load is enabled

-Greatly improved functionality when enabling/disabling TF2 GunGame on the fly

-timers are now properly tracked and closed when TF2 GunGame is disabled

-random number generator seed is now taken from the server's tick count rather than game time

-fixed issue where handicap level was not being updated when enabled

-players can no longer skip multikill requirement by melee killing a player that they cannot steal from

-disabling TF2 GunGame now restores any values changed by the plugin, rather than attempt to execute server config file

-kills no longer count towards levelups when the victim is afk

-added cvar tf2gg_version to facilitate tracking tf2 gungame versions installed on servers

version 0.966, July 19th 2009

-fixed issue where players suiciding at start of game on some custom maps caused server crash (this is a valve issue, not a sourcemod issue)

-added config option to strip point_clientcommand and point_servercommand entities from custom maps

version 0.965, July 18th 2009

-added FCVAR_PLUGIN flag to all cvars

-disabling TF2 GunGame now sets "mp_disable_respawn_times 0" and executes server config file

-fixed typo in default multikill sound filename which caused the file to not download to clients

version 0.964, July 17th 2009

-fixed the bug that caused engineer buildings to not be destroyed when they should be

-added config option to load TF2 GunGame when the current map matches an entry in cfg/tf2gg/tf2gg_maplist.txt

version 0.963, July 16th 2009

-config option disable map objectives now only removes intelligence and not control points (this was causing crashes)

version 0.962, July 16th 2009

-added public cvar "tf2gg" to inform clients that the plugin is running/loaded along with the version number

-added cvar "tf2gg_enabled" to allow the plugin to be enabled/disabled

-added multikill config option for requiring players to get x amount of kills before leveling up

-added custom sound config option for multikill progress sound

-fixed another bug that caused engineer building counts to be incorrect

-hooked server command "mp_waitingforplayers_cancel" to prevent errors when used by users or other plugins

-hooked server command "mp_waitingforplayers_restart" to prevent errors when used by users or other plugins

-fixed a bug that would cause the leader/tied for lead messages to be incorrect

version 0.961

-added config option to disable melee steal protection

-changed config option tf2gg_steal_protection to allow 0 and negative values (see tf2gg_config.cfg for details)

-added config option for how many gungames a team must win before the map is changed

-debug logs now write to a different file each day with format tf2gg_debug_##-##-####.log (##:day, ##:month, ####:year)

-added config option to write logs to a single file rather than use a new file for each day

-added additional debug info for when engineer levels up/down to non-engi class and their buildings are destroyed

-fixed a bug where each player's existing building count was not reset for a new gungame round

version 0.960

-added level stealing for melee kills

-added config option to enable/disable level stealing

-added config option for stealing multiple levels during a melee kill

-added config option for prevent lower leveled players from losing levels from higher leveled players during melee kills

-added custom sound options for level stealing levelup & leveldown sounds

-added config option for enabling/disabling chat command !feed to allow players to give feedback

-created LevelDown function for better clarity. Before, level downs were handled by LevelUp with a negative level change value.

-moved debug log files and feedback file to cfg/tf2gg/ folder rather than using the root game folder

-changed cvar flags for all cvars from FCVAR_NONE to FCVAR_NOTIFY

version 0.951

-fixed an issue where the winner of the gungame would sometimes start the next game on the final level.

-added config option to allow custom sounds for level up, level down, red team wins (roundmode win), and blue team wins (roundmode win).

-changed default level up/down sounds to the same defaults found in ES CSS GunGame

version 0.950

-first public beta release of the plugin
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip tf2gungame_v0_970.zip (144.4 KB, 1524 views)
    File Type: zip tf2gungame_v0_970_source.zip (184.2 KB, 996 views)

Last edited by kortul; 08-02-2010 at 17:30. Reason: updated to version 0.970
    alinayg
    Old 07-16-2009 , 00:03   Re: [TF2] GunGame
    Reply With Quote #2

I loved gungame in CSS, I would like to see how It Is implemented in TF2.

What are the weapon orders?

And I doubt that It will be turbo, also how will melee weapons count? and stealing levels and such.
    Old 07-16-2009 , 00:25   Re: [TF2] GunGame
    Reply With Quote #3

u may use code to set player weapon and fix engi stuff from _here_

Last edited by krolus; 07-16-2009 at 00:29.
    kortul
    Old 07-16-2009 , 00:59   Re: [TF2] GunGame
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alinayg View Post
    I loved gungame in CSS, I would like to see how It Is implemented in TF2.

What are the weapon orders?

And I doubt that It will be turbo, also how will melee weapons count? and stealing levels and such.
    Level order is fully customizable to whatever you want. There is also an option to scramble all levels from the level order except the last one.

The default mode is deathmatch, so you level up when you get a kill and respawn when you die. I've also included "roundmode", which pretty much makes the game be played the same as CSS gungame turbo. No respawns until a team is dead and a new round starts.

I've also just added a multikill option, look for it in version 0.962.

As for stealing levels, it's also fully customizable. You can enable/disable it, and set it so that leading players can't steal from lower leveled players. You can even set it so that a player must be x levels ahead of you before you can steal from them. I felt this was necessary since there will be much more melee killing in TF2 than knife killing in CSS.

One big thing which I hate about CSS gungame is the fact that when you knife someone that you cannot steal a level from, you don't level up. If you get the kill, you should still level up even if you can't steal. So in TF2 GunGame even if you can't steal you still level up!

If you want to check it out, connect 68.232.172.186:27015

Let me know if you can think of other features I should be implementing.

Last edited by kortul; 08-01-2010 at 01:44. Reason: updated server ip address
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 07-16-2009 , 08:13   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kortul View Post
    -sometimes engineer buildings don't explode when they should based on config options. Due to the method the plugin uses to change player classes, engi buildings are not destroyed automatically. Instead, the plugin tracks the building count of each engi and does a search and destroy pattern based on the building count of the engi. Not sure but this problem could be causing the server to crash sometimes.
    Are you tracking buildings with anything besides just player_builtobject and object_destroyed? Because while player_builtobject gets called on the start of any object building, I don't think object_destroyed gets called if an engineer destroys his own building. I at least couldn't get that to work when testing something else. It could lead to an incorrect count.
    fpsbrian
    Old 07-16-2009 , 09:47   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
    Reply With Quote #6

Awesome!
    Who is running this? I must play!!!
    Old 07-16-2009 , 11:42   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
    Reply With Quote #7

kortul, plz make enable/disable plugin cvar
    kortul
    Old 07-16-2009 , 14:50   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
    Are you tracking buildings with anything besides just player_builtobject and object_destroyed? Because while player_builtobject gets called on the start of any object building, I don't think object_destroyed gets called if an engineer destroys his own building. I at least couldn't get that to work when testing something else. It could lead to an incorrect count.
    Yeah I just realized that. I tried to remove the destroy menu by removing the weapon slot but that didn't work. However the way buildings are destroyed they should still be destroyed if there is a higher count that the real amount of buildings. It loops through all the entities in the map searching for the sentry netclass name, and stops after either going through all the entities or after the building count reaches 0. The only thing I can conclude at this point is the entity search is not finding the sentries sometimes.
    arm5ky
    Old 07-16-2009 , 15:42   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
    Reply With Quote #9

Cant get it to run.

You connect, game starts, then server falls over.

Windows Server
    MetaMod:Source v1.7.1V, SourceMod v1.2.1-dev

on a server we are not using 87.117.195.16:27015
    kortul
    Old 07-16-2009 , 16:14   Re: [TF2] GUNGAME Leveling Mod
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by krolus View Post
    kortul, plz make enable/disable plugin cvar
    Done