Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6.9 (now compatible with KrX upgrades)

Post New Thread Reply   

spiderlemur
Old 08-22-2009 , 06:25   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
If their connecting lasts more than 15 seconds, they wont get any pills because timer is set to 15 seconds and if they didnt connect before that time expires, they wont give pillz. I will increase it or just add cvar for that. Though for me its is enough time for all users to connect.
Well, I have yet to see the first team on the first map get any pills. The message even shows up after they have all loaded.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2009 , 06:56   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #72

Working on new version now actually. Wait till evening, if there wont be any errors i will post it when i come home.
Old 08-22-2009 , 07:26   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #73

HERES BETA 1.7.

Delete old config file before installing this one!

Changelog: Increased time before pills is given at round start up to 30 seconds. Added addiction system prototype (enabled by default)
CVARS:

"l4d_pillsaddiction_addictionsystem_enabl ed", "1", "Enable/disable addiction system."
"l4d_pillsaddiction_addictionsystem_initialti me", "180.0", "If you wont take pills during this time after you get addicted, you will suffer pain and sorrow."

After the initial time have passed, the time between doses will be more short with each timer tick (if it wont - then i did something wrong ).
For example .

You used pills , get addicted , if you wont take pills before 180 seconds expire (default time) you will suffer dmg /if you take pills you wont suffer anything , new repeateble timer then created with (l4d_pillsaddiction_addictionsystem_initialti me-30) interval, if you wont get dose during this timer, you will suffer again /or wont suffer if you took pills , the time interval then reduced again, timer repeats and you need new dose again etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc..

Timer interval shouldnt go below 30 secs (at least i hope so). If it do - let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (PillsAddiction 1.7 BETA.sp - 885 views - 15.4 KB)
Old 08-22-2009 , 10:24   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #74

omg lol 180 seconds! There aren't that many pills around during a frikin zombie war!
Haha maybe
l4d_pillsaddiction_addictionsystem_initialtim e-30
can be configurable?
Old 08-22-2009 , 11:29   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #75

Ofc, i will add all the cvars needed and extended features. Thanx, for reply, how's brutal mod testing, any problems with timers? Gonna start game soon =)

P.S. I give pills at start, i have pills dropping from hunters (5%) and boomers (10%), i set convert vs pills to 0, and increased pills density.
Anyway its just beta, i even didnt tested it myself, all i know, it is compiling w/out errors

P.P.S. Do you know how can i change survivors maxspeed? The game resetting it to default, no matter how much i change fl_maxspeed. Used freaking 0.01 delay timer and no result
Old 08-22-2009 , 12:43   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #76

Ah haven't checked the logs yet. :X

Oh right he drop plugin haha.

Nope. Try OnGameFrame? :O
Old 08-22-2009 , 14:30   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Ah haven't checked the logs yet. :X

Oh right he drop plugin haha.

Nope. Try OnGameFrame? :O
Oh, well, OnGameframe? Eh? I will try but i doubt it will work. Thanx =)
Old 08-22-2009 , 20:26   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6.1 (1.7 should be out soon)
Reply With Quote #78

dude freakin awesome! now know wut u mean by addiction system xD totally awesome btw if u get any time wanna play some vs on l4d with my server?

Last edited by Zverina; 08-22-2009 at 20:27. Reason: typo
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2009 , 21:17   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6.1 (1.7 should be out soon)
Reply With Quote #79

I have mine, available on garena, and my friend's dedicated (hes on vacation now). But thanx anyway. So did you tested addiction feature or just read description? Its only beta anyway. Even didnt add all needed cvars there.
Old 08-23-2009 , 04:30   Re: [L4D] Pills Addiction 1.6.1 (1.7 should be out soon)
Reply With Quote #80

havnt tested it just yet but going to now, btw for the next version can u make it so u can change how much damage can be done for the pills addiction part? would be pretty useful...