Squirrel of Fortune
Old 05-18-2007 , 08:54   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Nice improvements!
Waiting for the update to get options for chatnotice instead of HUD messages

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2007 , 18:55   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

@P4rD0nM3:
your error messages and auto redirect not working are definately caused by a bug in the plugin that i now found. the version i had appended before does not work but i already made a new one where this and a another bug is fixed. i put it on my servers for a small test some minutes ago and if it seems to work i will release it here as RC3. until then just wait.

@vittu:
i am pretty sure your suggestion that these fake clients cause the problem is right. client_authorized is probably called earlier than usual for these so the CVARs are not set already when it is.
it would be important for me to know whether you already had these fake clients running together with an earlier version of the plugin (and if so, which version) without having this error. with RC2 i integrated the client_putinserver handler into client_authorized (see changelog). maybe client_putinserver worked better and reverting this change could solve the problem? although the documentation warns that for this event it is also not guaranteed when it is called.
otherwise i will just call a timer from there and call the initialization 10 seconds later but i would be happy if i could avoid this.

another possible solution would be to only call the initialization if !is_user_bot(id) but i don't know whether your fake clients are registered as bots or not. are they?

or well, maybe you know just some event i can use that is
1. called pretty short after map load
2. called after all cvars are set

according to the documentation plugin_cfg is exactly this but this is not true for the first start of the server with hlds_run - that's why i started to use this workaround to call the initialization after the first player connected. obviously this is also not safe enough :/

Last edited by xOR; 05-22-2007 at 19:15.
Lt Llama
Old 05-25-2007 , 09:26   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

How insanelly hard would it be to make a cross mod server redirect?
Even something that works between HL1 and HL2.
If you do this xOR im the first one who is going to donate.
I guess it has to be done as a metamod plugin.
Anyway, would rock my socks.
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2007 , 15:39   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama View Post
How insanelly hard would it be to make a cross mod server redirect?
Even something that works between HL1 and HL2.
If you do this xOR im the first one who is going to donate.
I guess it has to be done as a metamod plugin.
Anyway, would rock my socks.
it's not that it's just hard (meaning "difficult") to get it done. there is a technical limitation preventing this from working. to do this i would need to be able to execute system level commands on a players' computer to run the other game on it. this is not and will never be possible for obvious security reasons (otherwise you could just run viruses on people's computers).
the only possible way would be with some solution where every client who wants to use this feature would require the player to have a special program installed which handles this. but as this kills the ease of use you will find no acceptance for it.
another possibility would be that steam gets a feature added to start a game from out of another. but this will never come since steam also handles games from other companies and they would need to force them all to support their interface for this while there is only small usability for it.

sorry to say that, but it's not a matter of motivation. i just don't see any good way to do it and this is where we are stuck. if there are useful ideas i will of course see what i can do (i would like to have this as well for my servers).
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2007 , 17:16   xREDIRECT 1.0RC3

i just released 1.0RC3 with two fixed issues:
  • fixed an error with an internal array overflow on servers with 32 maximum players
  • fixed a bug where admins would not be able to have themselves redirected to a full server

thanks for all the testing and all the fish. we are on a good way to a rock solid and stable 1.0.

@P4rD0nM3: please try this new version on your server. it should fix your issues special to a 32 players server.

test reports of other people with 32 players servers are also very welcome!
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2007 , 08:09   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

again found some things missing/to be fixed. RC4 is already finished and running on my servers before it is released here. changelog until now is:
  • removed server address from server name in annoucements - if someone wants this he can still add it to the server name (after it was already changed for the menu the change was missing for the annoucements)
  • annoucements now display server information for own server
  • server menu now displays server information for own server
  • fixed a bug where menu displayed incorrectly with redirect_check_method 0
  • fixed a bug where redirecting was not possible with redirect_check_method 0
Old 05-30-2007 , 16:19   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hello i really like your plugin
It works fine except sockets...

Why i can't see the map and players from the other server ?
Thank's for your help
Send a message via MSN to sbeex Send a message via Skype™ to sbeex
kidKendude
Old 06-03-2007 , 20:11   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

So, before I even put the cvars in the amxx.cfg file, every time I would say /server, it would say something about manual whatever.

Now that I put the cvars in, nothing comes up when I say /server.

What do I need to do to get this to work?!

Last edited by kidKendude; 06-03-2007 at 23:05.
ancient1
Old 06-04-2007 , 07:36   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hi Xor, long time no see

I have the same problem as the above post, /server doesnt list anything, and if its set to 3 to give a menu I get the error message that manual server is set to off.

Could you please post a list of the exact requirements as they currently are for the server ini, a one I can just edit for my own servers would be cool.

TY in advance,

Ancient
Old 06-06-2007 , 16:55   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

i really need to know your cvar settings to say anything about your specific problems. if it is a bug in the plugin i need to know them to test them myself. if you just set something wrong i can tell you about it and what you have to change. either way, i need this info

also note that some cvar settings only take effect after a fresh map load (or server restart). you might think it's the way to do any first testing but you will run into problems if you leave them all default and only change them via console after your server is running already. so make sure you have them in your amxx.cfg and post them here. also it would be good to see your serverlist.ini which is also a possible source of this error.

you got an example of a serverlist.ini in the description - i can't give you more than that. the "exact requirements" are only having the server name in brackets and then the port= and address= options as shown in the second server in the example. options you don't mention just have their default value. you can see in the description what the default values are.

so the correct way to get a good serverlist.ini is:
- put the servers in there with their [name]
- add the mandatory options address and port
- look through the default values in the description
- for every value you want to have changed put the option in it - leave all others out
- do this for every server in your list

you should end up with only the changed options for every server. you can of course also add options with just their default value - maybe this gives a better overview because you do not always have to check what the default for an option is when you want to know what value one has.