Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SMLIB 0.11 BETA (over 300 Function Stocks) | updated 15.07.2011

Post New Thread Reply   

berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-27-2014 , 08:29   Re: SMLIB 0.9 BETA (266 Function Stocks)
Reply With Quote #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Been using this with TF2 and out of the 12 color tags, {O} and {GRA} don't work at all. Orange always comes out the default color for me (it doesn't even give me the alternate color which is suppose to be green). I'm thinking that color chart above is wrong about having orange available for TF2 because in colors.inc it doesn't mention orange in TF2 at all (which you can see in this image). The color gray doesn't work for me even if someone is on the spectator team. Anyone get gray working with this in TF2? Also tried this with L4D2 and all the 11 color tags mentioned in your chart for L4D2 work fine. But oddly enough the {GRA} tag works even if there isn't anyone on the spectator team. How can that be? I though team colors only worked if there was at least one person on the team. In L4D2s case, the blue color tags always work because there is always someone (or bot) on the blue team, which is not the case for the red and gray teams. But gray works even when I was the only person on the server and I was on the blue team. Maybe what is done with L4D2 gray tag can be done for all colors for all games?
It could be that an update removed the colors again. I assume the colors worked back then when I created the color table. The gray color is is defined as ChatColorSubjectType_undefined in the code, which resolves to -1, so a team player in spectator team is not needed in this case.

Basic RGB custom color support has been added already (there is no release-version of this yet) in the GIT master branch.
The following tag annotations work for RGB already in the master-branch-code:
  • {#RGB}
  • {#RRGGBB}
  • {#RGBA}
  • {#RRGGBBAA}

Named RGB colors have not been implemented yet, you can follow the status in this issue: https://github.com/bcserv/smlib/issues/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
You need to start with a tag and then use another in some cases.
You normally don't have to add start tags, as smlib should handle this automatically.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 03-27-2014 , 16:36   Re: SMLIB 0.9 BETA (266 Function Stocks)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Been using this with TF2 and out of the 12 color tags, {O} and {GRA} don't work at all. Orange always comes out the default color for me (it doesn't even give me the alternate color which is suppose to be green). I'm thinking that color chart above is wrong about having orange available for TF2 because in colors.inc it doesn't mention orange in TF2 at all (which you can see in this image). The color gray doesn't work for me even if someone is on the spectator team. Anyone get gray working with this in TF2? Also tried this with L4D2 and all the 11 color tags mentioned in your chart for L4D2 work fine. But oddly enough the {GRA} tag works even if there isn't anyone on the spectator team. How can that be? I though team colors only worked if there was at least one person on the team. In L4D2s case, the blue color tags always work because there is always someone (or bot) on the blue team, which is not the case for the red and gray teams. But gray works even when I was the only person on the server and I was on the blue team. Maybe what is done with L4D2 gray tag can be done for all colors for all games?
Stop using the colors.inc or smlib.inc for your colors and start using Dr. McKay's More Colors include file. It uses the ability that TF2 has to use hex colors instead of those predefined colors from the original colors.inc. You also don't have to fuck around with the hex colorizing code posted above.

All you have to do is add "#include <morecolors>" in your plugins source code and switch over some functions, such as:

- Changing PrintToChat/PrintToChatAll/PrintToChatEx/PrintToChatAllEx over to CPrintToChat/CPrintToChatAll/CPrintToChatEx/CPrintToChatAllEx
- Changing ShowActivity/ShowActivity2/ShowActivityEx over to CShowActivity/CShowActivity2/CShowActivityEx
- Changing ReplyToCommand/ReplyToCommandEx to CReplyToCommand/CReplyToCommandEx

i.e:

PHP Code:
CPrintToChat(client"{unusual}[SM]{fullred}THIS IS A FULL RED MESSAGE"); 
That'll be displayed ingame as this:

[SM] THIS IS A FULL RED MESSAGE

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 03-27-2014 at 16:40.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-27-2014 , 18:26   Re: SMLIB 0.9 BETA (266 Function Stocks)
Reply With Quote #3

@abrandnewday

Your lib only supports 4 games, how great :p Also there are people that don't like to download an include file for every shit but rather use a collection/framework.
smlib also supports RGB colors in the current master branch as already said, just not named definitions for them yet. Maybe you should read better than wildly posting any weird suggestions.

Edit: looking at morecolors code, it doesn't have a good performance, it's overusing ReplaceString.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"