Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AddCond *Spycrab*?

Post New Thread Reply   

salsav91
Old 07-16-2013 , 06:02   AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #1

I am a map editor and server owner, I dont know sourcepawn much, let alone adding to anothers plugin. "[TF2 | Mapping & Gameplay] AddCond" Is a fine plugin that sadly is lacking some features. So I would like to request hopefully some enthusiastic coder that would like to add to this plugin.

What I am looking for is the ability to force classes as well as limit weapons slots within the trigger area. My server hosts a lot of spycrabs but I am now looking expand my map and make an entire place specifically for that reason. While I can add protection via bullet proof cages for people to crab in, I am looking for the SM touch. I would like to add triggers to the area that will force them to be spies and equip their digues kits. Of course if they are using an eternal reward, then they will simply become citizens.

So any help here would be appreciated. Sadly I cannot afford to pay someone for this, but maybe another will find the use and be kind enough to share.

Check out my pony animations. http://www.youtube.com/salsav91
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2013 , 09:23   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #2

spycrab was funny i think in 1999? now a day people think it is asinine so i honestly doubt anyone would take the time to do anything like this at all. atleast now i know where to send all those stupid people when we ban them from our servers for greifing with it like its still super hilarious and current to do.
Old 07-16-2013 , 09:40   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsav91 View Post
I am a map editor and server owner, I dont know sourcepawn much, let alone adding to anothers plugin. "[TF2 | Mapping & Gameplay] AddCond" Is a fine plugin that sadly is lacking some features. So I would like to request hopefully some enthusiastic coder that would like to add to this plugin.

What I am looking for is the ability to force classes as well as limit weapons slots within the trigger area. My server hosts a lot of spycrabs but I am now looking expand my map and make an entire place specifically for that reason. While I can add protection via bullet proof cages for people to crab in, I am looking for the SM touch. I would like to add triggers to the area that will force them to be spies and equip their digues kits. Of course if they are using an eternal reward, then they will simply become citizens.

So any help here would be appreciated. Sadly I cannot afford to pay someone for this, but maybe another will find the use and be kind enough to share.
Well, AddCond can only add conditions which are specified by the game itself. There are currently 70 conditions; 5 new ones were added last week... FlaminSarge was working on documenting them.

Now, having said that, it might be possible to programmatically add a trigger_multiple brush and hook its OnTrigger output to do things with it, but the plugin would need to track state (who is within the area) in order to do it. Sadly, I'm busy with other things at the moment.

Edit: OnStartTouch and OnEndTouch may be more appropriate than OnTrigger in this case, to track when players enter and leave the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
spycrab was funny i think in 1999? now a day people think it is asinine so i honestly doubt anyone would take the time to do anything like this at all. atleast now i know where to send all those stupid people when we ban them from our servers for greifing with it like its still super hilarious and current to do.
It's not actually necessary to reply to every topic.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-16-2013 at 11:41.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2013 , 11:11   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

if you dont like what i say then just ignore me. not that hard

BAFFLED
Old 07-16-2013 , 11:29   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Typically, the use of image macros is discouraged here. However, I feel that this one is appropriate (perhaps even as an addition to the rules) despite its horrendous grammar.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-16-2013 at 11:33.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2013 , 13:57   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #6

This is pretty easy to do, and start and end touch via trigger multiple is the way to go. You should also hook players for ontakedamage and do damage = 0.0 when they are in the trigger zone when attacked by other players, etc.

You may not want to restrict them to pda only, as the vgui is a bit annoying, unless its possible to destroy the vgui screen when the pda is out (very well may be) or atleast hide it.
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2013 , 14:04   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #7

psychonic golden rule
salsav91 I am currently working with a plugin that using Touch functions within trigger_multiple, I can send you plugin later and you edit it whatever you want

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot
salsav91
Old 07-16-2013 , 19:57   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
I meant spycrab as in the one traders do when they bet items, not spycrab as in the look up and walk all over the map.

salsav91
Old 07-16-2013 , 19:58   Re: AddCond *Spycrab*?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_ View Post
psychonic golden rule
salsav91 I am currently working with a plugin that using Touch functions within trigger_multiple, I can send you plugin later and you edit it whatever you want
I would be beyond thankful if you could do that. Thanks in advance.